• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I picked up a Charles Daley 1911 Gov for $520, nice gun for the money. Fit, finish and function were very well done. Good shooter. Chris

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    If you go the Rem r1 Palmettostatearmory.com has them for $599 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/remington-1911-r1-45-auto-5-inch.html
    But i have heard great things about the ria thats why i bought one.
    Here she. New grips are on order.
    IMG_01091.jpg

Thutch

Dec 26, 2010
    Silver Spring
    Trooper-You have gotten alot of recommendations from many people. I own none of these guns. My price point in the past has been much higher and I build my own. These lower teir guns will have MIM parts. That you will have to deal with no matter what if something breaks. As long as the gun functions and shoots straight, look to get good adjustable sights and go out and have fun. Having poor sights and always having to compensate for them takes away from the fun. Good luck on your search.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    All non custom, production 1911's use MIM parts. Smith & Wesson, Kimber, Remington, Ruger, Springfields, Colt - all are using MIM. Critical parts like slides, barrels, and frames are usally not MIM.

MIM is not always bad either. Besides being able to produce parts for cheaper there are some advantages to MIM parts. Your able to produce parts with smoother, and curved edges, that cannot be achieved with maching, unless done by hand. MIM has been used in the automotive industry for a longtime, including on high dollar cars.

If you want to go to non MIM, custom pieces, then you pay for it on the price tag.

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    Scott's has a few American classics in the case. They are in the vicinity of your price range and come with all the basic bells and whistles.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's what Clandestine recommended also, maybe I'll take a trip over there at the weekend.

Even if you dont buy from Scotts youll be served well to pick one up from wherever you decide to get it from.

We stock them because they are fastastic performers for the price. I still tell people to buy Les Baers if they can afford it.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Even if you dont buy from Scotts youll be served well to pick one up from wherever you decide to get it from.

We stock them because they are fastastic performers for the price. I still tell people to buy Les Baers if they can afford it.

Sure, right after I sell my other kidney :lol2:

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    You would miss a Les Baer more once you owned one and had to give it up. :D

Well finally Chad and I agree on something .:) I have 2 Baers and I have never had any problems at all out of ether one nothing at all .The price may seem high but for what you get and compared to the other top 4 semi custom pistols they are a bargain. Really just a few hundred more than kimbers and I know you do get a whole lot more for that few hundred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom