• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I own the Henry, nice rifle, shoots like a dream. The only caveat is that the receiver seems to be painted not blued?
    That is the only drawback I've noted, if your gonna use it as a shooter, you can't go wrong. If you want an heirloom that you can shoot... no doubt the Browning is the way to go.

Gremlin73

May 8, 2012
    Mechanicsville
    I had an older Marlin model 39 handed down from my dad and have since handed it down to my son. A lot of ammo had been fired from it and it still is very accurate. If the newer ones are as good you won't be disappointed.

rwatson

Feb 7, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    What fun the Henry is to shoot. I took it out yesterday after work to Freestate to break it in.

I was curious about the cleaning, it seem's you don't have to do much with it. I just ran a bore snake through the barrel. My buddy had suggested using a cleaning rod, but I'm a bit weary of doing that from muzzle to action in fear of damaging the crown. Does anyone use a cleaning rod on there's?

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    What fun the Henry is to shoot. I took it out yesterday after work to Freestate to break it in.

I was curious about the cleaning, it seem's you don't have to do much with it. I just ran a bore snake through the barrel. My buddy had suggested using a cleaning rod, but I'm a bit weary of doing that from muzzle to action in fear of damaging the crown. Does anyone use a cleaning rod on there's?

I just run a snake. From my readings online, most people do the same. Once the action feels gritty, then take it down and clean thoroughly. They are a blast to shoot, especially if you shoot steel silhouette.

enjoy...

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    If you want to buy the best do yourself a favor and look at Browning's BL22.
    Buy it and it will be around for generations, Hold one in your hands and you can feel the quality.

I was not aware of this rifle. It is a must have for me. It has been added to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom