9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That could end up screwing me. Right now I have a GA carry permit. It is reciprocal with SC.

What happens to my GA permit and SC reciprocity if they pass CC?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They’ll still issue permits. Should have no affect.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    That could end up screwing me. Right now I have a GA carry permit. It is reciprocal with SC.

What happens to my GA permit and SC reciprocity if they pass CC?

GA will keep issuing permits like all other 20 states do for the purpose of reciprocity. Vermont is the only one that is not and has not ever issued a permit.

SC’s CC bill if you look closely, has a provision that it will also accept and recognize everyone’s LTC permit.

You have nothing to worry about. Besides that SC has a high likelihood of passing CC as well, since it has passed the house.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    The race is on between GA and Alabama on who will be the first state in 2022 to pass CC. At first (January) the race was on between Indiana and Ohio. But their pace as slowed, while Alabama and Georgia have caught up.

Alabama Senate will do a floor vote on Thursday, and when passed it will go to The Gov, for her signature and she is expected to sign.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    SC is a good place for Residents , it's just Non Residents that have short shrift there .

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    That they do, mostly through the resident permits only scheme along with SLED always pushing back on expanding reciprocity.
    SC is not that great at CC. You still need a bunch of training and range time to get your permit.

Correction. Not sure about range time...

Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Still an easier hurdle than MD requirements since no amount of training would qualify me in MD. Agree it may not be the easiest, but mandating training is probably good for the majority of people.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Well I said earlier, that the race is on with Ga and Al on who will be first in 2022, Ohio is catching up. Their bill is now waiting final vote on House floor. Sadly though even if it passes, it has to go back to Senate for concurrence due to an amendment they added.

So now the race is on… Alabama and Georgia leading neck to neck, with Ohio behind by a neck. Lol

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Ohio full Legislature has passed CC, onto the Governor…Gov Dewine is expected to sign…
    https://www.whio.com/news/local/bil...ds-governors-desk/LZM4EN7KIJBBXHC722CUTPLTLU/

Interestingly enough Alabama Senate is voting today on their constitutional carry bill. If pased (it will) it will go to the governor for his signature, he is expected to sign.

The race is on, who’s governor will sign first!

Ohio becomes effective 91st day after governor’s signature.
    Alabama’s will become effective on Jan-1-2023.

So if both sign, Ohio will become 22nd, and Alabama will be 23rd. Even if Alabama’s Gov. Signs first.

2 down, 7 more to go (of those with pending bills)

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Alabama's Legislature has passed CC. Goes to Governor's desk.

Actually has to go through the house for concurrence, because the senate added two amendments.

The house will vote on it Monday or Tuesday, but will pass as the two amendments don’t do anything to harm CC

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Indiana is about to send constitutional carry to the governor's desk soon. Being debated on the Senate floor now. House has already approved it.

Nebraska is also working to get it passed. Their judiciary committee had deadlocked 4-4 on it, but a vote from the floor is getting it out of committee before them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom