9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    There are actually several other states that have CC bills submitted. Minnesota, and Michigan to name two of several others. However I didn’t include them as they probably won’t even get heard in committee.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Pretty wild half of the country no longer will require a permit to carry before long.

Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Pretty wild half of the country no longer will require a permit to carry before long.

Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States

If we get Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina on board that will give us 27, over half the USA.

If PA and LA get Republican Gov elected in November 2022, then PA and LA will get CC passed in 2023. That will give us 29 states.

If we can get to 34 states, it’s possible that we could get another Constitutional Amendment to force CC nationwide. It takes 34 states to ratify an ammendment,

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    DC-W's post #45 addresses " pretty soon half the country ..... " . I'll address this more in the other sorta parallel thread , but big difference between Half the States vs Half the People .

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    DC-W's post #45 addresses " pretty soon half the country ..... " . I'll address this more in the other sorta parallel thread , but big difference between Half the States vs Half the People .

Well there is half the land, half the states and half the people.

We have more then 50% of the US state land that is CC. Alaska and Texas the two biggest reasons why we secure more then 50% of the Geography.

Even if you just say continental 48, we still have more then 50% of the geography as CC.

Looks like soon we will have more then 50% of the states. If Ohio, Nebraska and Indiana as well as South Carolina passes cc.

Florida and Colorado are dead this year. However next year if Republican governors win the election we should pick up PA and LA.

However population wise. We won’t hit 50% until we get Ohio, Indiana, Nebraska, South Carolina, LA and PA. At that point we will be just slightly above the 50% of point. If we pick up Florida next year. Then we definitely will be above the 50% point.

It’s a nice goal to achieve… we will get there eventually.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Georgia HB1358 passes the house… headed to Senate.
    Georgia Senate has already Passed SB319 now sitting in House committee

Now if one side or the other can get one of the bills passed through. They are virtually almost identical. Georgia can become the 25th state to have CC.

I say 25th because Ohio and Indiana Have their CC bills sitting on the Gov desk awaiting signature.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    (EDIT) Sorry, was posted above, about Alabama... missed it. Here's another story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-joins-georgia-20-other-214618754.html

"Unlike most states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights," the governor said in a statement. "I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again."

Alabama becomes the 22nd state to not require a permit to conceal and carry a firearm, according to the Pew Research Organization. Last year, six states - Arkansas, Iowa, Montana, Tennessee, Texas and Utah - passed bills bypassing the permit process for some firearms.

Also this week, Georgia's state House and Senate passed a similar bill not requiring a permit to conceal and carry a handgun, a measure expected to eventually be signed into law by Gov. Brian Kemp (R).

In Alabama, the new law eliminates "the requirement for a person to obtain a concealed carry permit to lawfully carry a pistol," according to a text of the passed bill.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Apparently two fold . The Leadership is very proud of their recent Red Flag that passed , and is not inclined to back controversial pro gun measures this session . And the financial and politically powerful Tourist Industry doesn't want to frighten potential tourists with too many visably armed locals .

It is super easy to get a concealed permit in FL. If you want to get one you can. I think it is around 10% of residents have their permit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , FL was state of the art in mid '80s. But the expectations for 2A have moved forewards since , while FL remained static .

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    FL has dumb dumb requirements for fingerprints.

Rejected fingerprints I did for someone because I’m not a law enforcement entity. Meanwhile, Utah allows anyone to do them and Virginia didn’t care when I’ve done those either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom