9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I get that I can get some other states as a non-resident, but my question was posed because I work in Pennsylvania, not Maine or Texas, I want a Pennsylvania non-resident permit. PA is being very ‘Maryland’ like by not issuing to non-residents that will never be able to obtain the MD permit. All the training and successful background checks be damned, PA is rewarding MD and penalizing me for this state having un-just laws.

Like was said earlier, maybe the PA landscape will change after the November elections. I hope so, I can’t carry where I live, and I can’t carry where I spend most of the waking hours of my days. Just sucks.

Essentially, PA is granting (rather demanding) reciprocity with Maryland, since you cannot get one without the other.

And it was changed several years ago by an Attorney General who is now in prison. All that’s needed is a Republican AG willing to change it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220330/georgia-house-passes-senate-s-constitutional-carry-bill

GA House passes the Senate bill with modified language. It will go back to the Senate, and upon concurrence goes to the Governor who stated in the past he supports constitutional carry.

Senate just passed SB319 with substitute it now heads to Gov Kemp for signature.

He has until April 10th to sign or it becomes effective on April 11th.

However it also becomes effective immediately upon his signature. Therefore anytime between NOW and April 11th.

He has been said he will sign.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    And it was changed several years ago by an Attorney General who is now in prison. All that’s needed is a Republican AG willing to change it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will become moot if a Republican a Gov is elected in Novemeber.

Pa would be COn Carry had the Gov not vetoed.

It will be reintroduced if Republican Gov is elected, and it will pass then..

At that point it will become moot.

However, what few people realized in the Pa Con Carry bill was a clause that would recognize all permits from all states, even if issued as a non-resident.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Senate just passed SB319 with substitute it now heads to Gov Kemp for signature.

He has until April 10th to sign or it becomes effective on April 11th.

However it also becomes effective immediately upon his signature. Therefore anytime between NOW and April 11th.

He has been said he will sign.

Georgia will make the 25th State, half way there :party29:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It will become moot if a Republican a Gov is elected in Novemeber.

Pa would be COn Carry had the Gov not vetoed.

It will be reintroduced if Republican Gov is elected, and it will pass then..

At that point it will become moot.

However, what few people realized in the Pa Con Carry bill was a clause that would recognize all permits from all states, even if issued as a non-resident.

Let's hope so. But that Supreme Court in PA is a real piece of work. I wouldn't be surprised if they overturn clear ConCarry language "for the kids".

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Let's hope so. But that Supreme Court in PA is a real piece of work. I wouldn't be surprised if they overturn clear ConCarry language "for the kids".

on what grounds?

We have standing the 2nd and 14th amendments gets unjust laws overturned sometimes.

What would be the legal justification to overturn it? Thats why no one has yet tried to file suit to overturn any con carry law.

Several groups are trying to sue based on ghost guns, 80% and 3d guns. But nothing for them to stand on to overturn con carry

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    FYI…

More states have become constitutional carry states while Biden has been president, then under any other President.

As of this writing 9 states have become Con Carry states, and I’m not even counting Georgia yet. (2 of the 9 had partial limited Con Carry and expanded those rights)

It will be 10 when the Georgia gov Kemp signs their Con carry Bill.

The 9:

Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Iowa, Texas, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio, Alabama.

#10 Georgia when Gov Kemp signs their bill

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Utah Is A Constitutaional Carry State If you are at least 21 years old and NOT a prohibited person as defined
    in 76-10-503 or 18 U.S.C. 922 (g)
    it is LEGAL to carry any legally owned firearm fully loaded and concealed without a concealed firearm permit.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    on what grounds?

We have standing the 2nd and 14th amendments gets unjust laws overturned sometimes.

What would be the legal justification to overturn it? Thats why no one has yet tried to file suit to overturn any con carry law.

Several groups are trying to sue based on ghost guns, 80% and 3d guns. But nothing for them to stand on to overturn con carry

Right to feel safe or some other nonsense. Don't put it past activists on the court to try to find something, no matter how preposterous, to stop something they don't like.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That will be hard since the 2A is enshrined in the PA State constitution:

"Defense of self shall not be questioned."

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    So what is the analysis of Nebraska?

it’s Dead in the water this year. They adjourn Sine Die on April 20th.

Sen Brewer vowed to bring it back next year. Half the legislature, which are the majority of the democrats are up for re-election in November so we will have to see what happens then.

Louisiana has reintroduced a bill, that they will hold over till after the elections.

South Carolina’s bill is still alive. We should see some action on it in September.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    The law enforcement groups that keep opposing this are showing their true colors.

Texas has been constitutional carry since Sept and nothing has happened.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    I'm still calling this "not gonna' happen".

Would love to be proven wrong, but don't think I will.

I like to think positive. If it had not allready assed the house, I would be less hopeful. Right now it sits in Senate Judciary. If we can get it out of committee. I think it will pass. The Gov said he would sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom