9 states with live Constitutional carry bills..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Does that mean these states are now 100% "gun free school zones?"

Not if they still issue permits. A lot of constitutional carry states still issue permits due to things like this, as well as reciprocity for people who travel outside the state.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Not if they still issue permits. A lot of constitutional carry states still issue permits due to things like this, as well as reciprocity for people who travel outside the state.
    Ah, thanks. I thought it was all or nothing when they when constitutional carry (no permits at all). Still too many overlapping laws.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ah, thanks. I thought it was all or nothing when they when constitutional carry (no permits at all). Still too many overlapping laws.

The only All or Nothing state is Vermont . They've always been Con Carry , and thus never had a Permit Process .

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I hope SC goes Constitutional Carry this year. Their House passed it in February but the bill is in their Senate Judiciary Committee still. Hope it makes it out soon.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I hope SC goes Constitutional Carry this year. Their House passed it in February but the bill is in their Senate Judiciary Committee still. Hope it makes it out soon.
    Some movement on that : https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...nal-carry-bill-amended-to-nra-backed-language

It is odd though that the Senate isn’t just picking up the House bill that already passed and running with that. I hope that this isn’t going to be some move to try to cover their butts and let time run out and claim “next year” yet again.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Some movement on that : https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...nal-carry-bill-amended-to-nra-backed-language

It is odd though that the Senate isn’t just picking up the House bill that already passed and running with that. I hope that this isn’t going to be some move to try to cover their butts and let time run out and claim “next year” yet again.
    I hope the same. I think the SC legislature runs through June or something like that, so maybe they have time to pull it together. I'll be very disappointed if it dies in committee again this year, and I don't even live there.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I hope the same. I think the SC legislature runs through June or something like that, so maybe they have time to pull it together. I'll be very disappointed if it dies in committee again this year, and I don't even live there.
    Just for giggles I pulled up the record for the last CC bill (2021-22). Followed essentially the same pattern. Passed the House easily and was sent to the Senate early April. From there a first reading and nothing else.
    At least for the moment we have it passing a sub-sub committee with NRA backed language.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Just for giggles I pulled up the record for the last CC bill (2021-22). Followed essentially the same pattern. Passed the House easily and was sent to the Senate early April. From there a first reading and nothing else.
    At least for the moment we have it passing a sub-sub committee with NRA backed language.
    I hope they don't let it die on the vine this year. It would be great to see SC go Constitutional carry this year. I really hope they get it done.

Edit: Thanks for the citation, too.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    What is the number of states that permit less carry is likely to finally land at? 30?
    I assume you mean this year?
    It's at 26 now with FL joining ranks. NE has a good shot, and SC if the Senate powers-that-be decide to let it go to a vote.
    If Louisiana elects a strong GOP governor later this year then they should have it next year. In a year or two we should hit 30.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I assume you mean this year?
    It's at 26 now with FL joining ranks. NE has a good shot, and SC if the Senate powers-that-be decide to let it go to a vote.
    If Louisiana elects a strong GOP governor later this year then they should have it next year. In a year or two we should hit 30.
    Yeah i meant overall/total when all the states that are going to pass it do, not this year but when the dust settles.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Yeah i meant overall/total when all the states that are going to pass it do, not this year but when the dust settles.
    I think I can safely say the formerly May issue states and anywhere else where the Democrats hold a lot of power will NOT go short of a court forcing it. If the stars were aligned you could get the rust belt states along with VA with major wave elections.
    I don’t see the Pacific coast or liberal northeast states plus Illinois going anywhere.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When the dust ultimately settles after all is said and done it will be all 50 states (or 53 - 57 depending which politition you listen to) because it will ultimately be the law of the land just like the Constitution intended. I have yet seen anyone point to a legitimate permitting law from the founding era. (Jim Crow laws are NOT legitimate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom