• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    would that kind of finish be applicable to my WASR 10?

I'm really diggin that finish

where are you at in Glen Burnie? Thelma ave...what street is that off of?

Thelma is in between quarterfield and crain highway. We are the road behind roys kwik corner.

If you are sure you can make it by my the shop tomorrow I can bring it so you can take a look. :) Im in after 11 till close at 5

Yes this can be applied to a WASR. The refinish of the metal can be done 2 ways (Ceramic $225), or you can apply Alumahyde II from brownells for a similar but less durable look.

Ironwood Designs sells the wood, it will easily fir the WASR10. The wood just takes some patience. Ill post the instructions below.

Heres a step by step on how to do the wood. My buddy ALaskacajun from a forum I was banned from did a pic tutorial on how to use my recipe. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=78&t=116630

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    can't make it tomorrow, I've got work around 2 and need to hit the gym before that, I'll PM you sometime this week for more info on it....again that finish looks BEAUTIFUL

I may experiment with it on a Mosin or something when you post the instructions, so if I mess it up, it's only a Mosin, lol

did you apply the finish yourself to the wood that came on your AK, or did you buy the wood already done as a kit?

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    can't make it tomorrow, I've got work around 2 and need to hit the gym before that, I'll PM you sometime this week for more info on it....again that finish looks BEAUTIFUL

I may experiment with it on a Mosin or something when you post the instructions, so if I mess it up, it's only a Mosin, lol

did you apply the finish yourself to the wood that came on your AK, or did you buy the wood already done as a kit?

Ultimate Member
    This one was once an NHM91. I chopped it down and unbanned it. Its still a work in progress. I want to put on a Texas Arms Top Rail, Cut the dust cover and weld on a left side charging handle. Not sure on what optics to choose yet though. :) Its a heavy barreled short AK that shoots quite well compared to other AK its size.

DSC07644.jpg

DSC07645.jpg

DSC07646.jpg

DSC07647.jpg

Heres my PSL. I refinished the metal and wood, recrowned the barrel, Installed a RSA Trigger, and Polished up the action. The scope in the pic is no longer installed. It now has a Russian 8X POSP, and the bipod is removed (Used only for initial relaibility and testing/photo purposes). I working on a barrel weight to help the barrel harmonics, but its no where near completion.

dragunov001.jpg

dragunov002.jpg

dragunov003.jpg

dragunov004.jpg

dragunov008.jpg

dragunov007.jpg

dragunov006.jpg

dragunov005.jpg

dragunov009.jpg

This is my AK, her name is Veronica. She has Ironwood furniture that I refinished, RSA Trigger, Larue Irondot, Polished Bolt and internals and is generally the star of the rack when I have her at the shop. :D

DSC06567-1.jpg

DSC06566.jpg

DSC06569-1.jpg

DSC06565.jpg

DSC06561.jpg

DSC06562.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

DSC06564.jpg

Heres my reworked SKS. I refinished the stock and use a Scout Scopes Mount.

l_e410aa94a4cc4732ab027053501adb1b.jpg

l_de472b9e36d44a30bf6753b330e32f2c.jpg

l_b3ea8e618d994172a97b6dc5a8ac3937.jpg

l_9fed83ccf48f4c0e8e5600d815cc3a20.jpg

l_08e12da176c4460a98587c244593a440.jpg

omg, it is Red Dawn. where is the rest of your cell?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Ill be happy to bring it by another time. The finish will work on a mosin, just strip all of the old finish off first. I have some mosin pics im posting tomorrow for som other guys. keep watching this thread for the update.

I did buy new wood for the underfolder AK because I wanted the laminated wood. Ironwood designs makes them.

My mosin is just as pretty as these. :D

The instructions are listed above in a link. here is the link just to be sure: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=78&t=116630

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    no, but this is scary. get and AR or something. maybe Springfield M1A?
    is the secret shake taking the 4473's and killing innocent people?

wolverines forever !!!

I have many, many, more guns my friend. This is just a sample of my collection. I have several AR's too. Do you have a particular model you want to see. I may own one.

I make a living customizing, fixing, and hoarding every gun I can afford. :D My wife is a gun lover too.

The handshake thing was a joke, there is none Im aware of.

I do like Red Dawn though, they are planning a remake. Hopefully they dont screw it up.

Ultimate Member
    I have many, many, more guns my friend. This is just a sample of my collection. I have several AR's too. Do you have a particular model you want to see. I may own one.

I make a living customizing, fixing, and hoarding every gun I can afford. :D My wife is a gun lover too.

The handshake thing was a joke, there is none Im aware of.

I do like Red Dawn though, they are planning a remake. Hopefully they dont screw it up.

I believe you. There are some good guns that are not from America. I can spot the joke.

I thought the re-make was a rumor though. If they did Red Dawn post AWB, it would be over in about 2 minutes, maybe Red Dawn under Clinton would last longer.

where do you get AK-74's or AK-100 series in MD?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I believe you. There are some good guns that are not from America. I can spot the joke.

I thought the re-make was a rumor though. If they did Red Dawn post AWB, it would be over in about 2 minutes, maybe Red Dawn under Clinton would last longer.

where do you get AK-74's or AK-100 series in MD?

They really are remaking Red Dawn, it should be ready by next summer from my understanding. Not sure how the plot will go though. Yeah comies and zombies wouldnt stand a chance against America. :D

We sell AK100 series clones at the shop. We dont have any AK74's but can get them with black or plum furniture. I often see them in others shops when I go do recon visits :innocent0

AK's are plentiful depending on the shop you visit.

Ultimate Member
    They really are remaking Red Dawn, it should be ready by next summer from my understanding. Not sure how the plot will go though. Yeah comies and zombies wouldnt stand a chance against America. :D

We sell AK100 series clones at the shop. We dont have any AK74's but can get them with black or plum furniture. I often see them in others shops when I go do recon visits :innocent0

AK's are plentiful depending on the shop you visit.

wow, I guess you own one. I did not see your signature. That is your place right?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    wow, I guess you own one. I did not see your signature. That is your place right?

Not my shop, my freinds shop.

I am the #2 gunsmith there, the owner and my friend is the #1 Gunsmith (25 years experience if I remember correctly) I just call him old geezer, he loves that. :lol2::innocent0

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Some Promised Pictures

Yugo M48
    Refinished Stock
    Yugo Sniper Bolt Handle Modification
    Corked Barrel
    Glass Bedded Action
    Timney 3#
    Lapped Barrel
    Polished Chamber and Tuned Extractor
    Polished Feed Ramp/Chamfered Throat
    ZRAK/Mauser Q.R. Mount/Rings

Russian Laminated 91/30 converted to PU Sniper
    PU Scope and Mount
    Bent Bolt Handle
    Dyed and Refinished Stock
    Polished Feed Ramp/Chamfered Throat
    Corked Barrel
    Glass Bedded Action
    Huber Trigger 3.5#
    Lapped Barrel
    Recrowned Barrel
    Polished Chamber and Tuned Extractor

DSC08003.jpg

DSC08004.jpg

DSC08005.jpg

DSC08006.jpg

DSC08007.jpg

DSC08008.jpg

DSC08009.jpg

DSC08010.jpg

DSC08011.jpg

DSC08012.jpg

DSC08013.jpg

DSC08016.jpg

DSC08017.jpg

DSC08018.jpg

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08020.jpg

DSC08024.jpg

DSC08027.jpg

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Very nice collection. The pics are sweet and I am drooling over here ;)

Now I just need to talk Numidian into building me one of your "Veronica" models....that thing is sick!

{paging Numi} :D:thumbsup:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I might have missed this if it was addressed (or it wasn't asked because it's a silly question), but what's the reason for the tape on the magazine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom