• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I think some take the term membership more seriously than others. If I buy dinner or a rifle all that matters to me is was it a fair deal. I do not expect to see how they use my money. I paid for something. If it’s good I’ll be back. If not I won’t. I think ( for me ) AGC looks like a good deal and I’m planning on returning next year. But for those that are unhappy there are only two choices. Leave or get more involved. Also the matches are run by volunteers. I think they are doing a great job and if asked I have a couple ideas that some would love and others might hate. Deal is you can’t make everyone happy. Bottom line is support the shooting sports where ever that may take you.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I am interested in joining AGC. I am done with Hap Baker and see membership at AGC a better investment the Machine Gun Nest. I tried to pay for my membership there during COVID-19 and ended up getting told I can’t and then when I went to they said it expired and I need a new membership at the new pricing. I don’t play that way, period. I walked out and won’t go back.

GiveMeABreak

Aug 14, 2020
    I am interested in joining AGC. I am done with Hap Baker and see membership at AGC a better investment the Machine Gun Nest. I tried to pay for my membership there during COVID-19 and ended up getting told I can’t and then when I went to they said it expired and I need a new membership at the new pricing. I don’t play that way, period. I walked out and won’t go back.
    Ahhh, can you be a bit more coherent? You tried to pay for membership where? Since you “walked out” then why do you care?

GiveMeABreak

Aug 14, 2020
    And besides,I understand , from inside sources, that Hap Baker is actually run by “elites” with guns. Can you imagine the other side having guns? Scary thought!

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I think some take the term membership more seriously than others. If I buy dinner or a rifle all that matters to me is was it a fair deal. I do not expect to see how they use my money. I paid for something. If it’s good I’ll be back. If not I won’t. I think ( for me ) AGC looks like a good deal and I’m planning on returning next year. But for those that are unhappy there are only two choices. Leave or get more involved. Also the matches are run by volunteers. I think they are doing a great job and if asked I have a couple ideas that some would love and others might hate. Deal is you can’t make everyone happy. Bottom line is support the shooting sports where ever that may take you.
    if agc was a private business then a fair deal is what it would be about. but the agc is more than that. imo is was built to be a place that area clubs would have a permanent range. something that would be around for generations to use. like i said i dont mind raising prices or spending money on the range just like to see where its going. if it were left up to me i would pay off the mortgages. this would make the range more financial stable for the long run.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    This^^^100%

While the idea of wanting to know where the money goes sounds valid, what would you do if you knew? What if you didn't like how money was being allocated, but a lot of others did? What if you loved what your dues were being spent on, but half the membership didn't? Would you expect a vote or a say? Paper punchers vs. action shooters? Everybody loses with this type of division.

Trying to get a majority of shooters of various backgrounds and disciplines to agree on which projects were funded and which one weren't, would likely never happen. And often ending up causing rifts and causing divisions among the ranks of us vs. them.

Legitimate mismanagement should be addressed, but honest evaluation should determine the difference between a legitimate grievance and a somebody who didn't get their way.

Pay your dues. If you feel like you're getting your money's worth and like the value you receive, continue to do so. If you feel your dues are being wasted or directed to worthless pursuits, quit. Simple. Life is short.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    :goodpost:

I'm just happy to have somewhere to shoot in this goddamn awful liberally run state.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    :goodpost:

I'm just happy to have somewhere to shoot in this goddamn awful liberally run state.

The primary reason why AGC must strive to be the steward of shooters and the shooting sports in Central Maryland. May it never lose sight of that prize.

This facility would NEVER be allowed to open in today's goddamn awful liberally run state. Should it ever close, for whatever reason? It is forever gone, never to be replaced.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    The primary reason why AGC must strive to be the steward of shooters and the shooting sports in Central Maryland. May it never lose sight of that prize.

This facility would NEVER be allowed to open in today's goddamn awful liberally run state. Should it ever close, for whatever reason? It is forever gone, never to be replaced.
    absolutely correct. my young kids love to go to the range with me. i want them and any future generations to be able to have a place to go to. its not about the best deal. its bigger than that.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I remember shooting at the shotgun range on riffleford road in Gaithersburg, now it is gone.

This state will never allow these places to exist if they ca. shut them down for a day they will be gone forever

Kilroy3006

Jun 10, 2015
    So which is it?

Hard to fathom that the treasurer's report shows that Action Shooting is losing money if there have been no financial statements for almost two years.
    Ask your Club for the AGC profit and loss statement January 1 - November 2, 2021 and Statement of Activity January 1 - April 5, 2022.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It would take too much to explain all of it on here. Rest assured, it isn't good.
    Come on, give it a go. If you can say there is "an agenda," you can knock out a couple of sentences summarizing it. Is it, "Secretly setting up Maryland gun owners to get their money and use it to support anti-2A politicians?" Is it, "Secretly preparing to force all member clubs into an Essential Oils Multi-Level Marketing pyramid scheme?" Is it, "Laying the ground work for getting all members present for a big event, and then fencing them in, creating a re-education camp?"

If you can't broadly describe "the agenda," then it doesn't exist.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    For all the action shooting types. If it wasn't for the paper punchers as you guys like to call them, the AGC would not even exist. Those are the guys that worked to keep the range operational since 1947. Also, remember that when you wanted to bring action style shooting to the AGC, it was the paper punching highpower shooters that supported it. Now, I hear comments like, the action types want to run the highpower shooters off! What I think about that can not be posted on the forum!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom