• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    always park regardless if you plan on painting. unless you're polishing and hot-bluing.

park with or without paint is just far less caustic and involved than bluing, which is why more people do it. it's also much less expensive to get set up to do.

a good park can work as a standalone finish (just oil it like crazy at first to make sure it soaks up plenty, and give it an oily wipe once in a while) or as a base for a finish like molyresin or duracoat.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hmmm not sure I will make it that different but ive always liked folders.

Maybe one day an sbr or pistol is in my future. Or maybe I should say the money to not care about buying a parts kit and letting it sit for a year and not be able to build it :(

Thanks btw

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    What is the general feeling on tantal kits?

I saw a kit for 350 and found a us chrome lined barrel for 139. Cant find any comm barrels anywhetr. I really want to do an sbr but dont feel like waiting a year unfortunately so I think im going to pass on a krink.

if you email it will be 3-4 months

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Worth it to you and to my wife that let me use about 3-4x my gun budget last year are two different things.

If I got one Im almost pos I would do a krink ive seen a few kits for reasonable prices but tack on 200 for the stamp then who knows for the trust. Sorry but I dont want to move out guys :)

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Worth it to you and to my wife that let me use about 3-4x my gun budget last year are two different things.

If I got one Im almost pos I would do a krink ive seen a few kits for reasonable prices but tack on 200 for the stamp then who knows for the trust. Sorry but I dont want to move out guys :)

If you need a krink fix let me know you can shoot my 2 you just have to bring ammo lol

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in the MoCo area, or relatively close to MoCo has an AK rivet jig. I kind of want to build the AK this summer since ammo is cheaper but if I cant find anyone I guess I'll just have to build the AR first. Anyways, I'm willing to throw in some money or buy lunch or if you need anything else for the service. I plan on getting the polish kit from ak-builder without the chrome barrel. It looks like the barrel comes head spaced so all that will be needed will be riveting the different parts to the lower.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in the MoCo area, or relatively close to MoCo has an AK rivet jig. I kind of want to build the AK this summer since ammo is cheaper but if I cant find anyone I guess I'll just have to build the AR first. Anyways, I'm willing to throw in some money or buy lunch or if you need anything else for the service. I plan on getting the polish kit from ak-builder without the chrome barrel. It looks like the barrel comes head spaced so all that will be needed will be riveting the different parts to the lower.

will this be your only AK you own ? if so I suggest looking for a OEM comblock barrel will last longer
    Also we are hoping to have a build party in spring or summer if we can find a place to hold it

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    will this be your only AK you own ? if so I suggest looking for a OEM comblock barrel will last longer
    Also we are hoping to have a build party in spring or summer if we can find a place to hold it

whats that? I did a google search and nothing really came up

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    A original barrel made in the eastern block of Europe. Romain, Bulgarian,Russian, Hungarian. They are Hammer forged Chromlined and are just better barrels in my opinion

where could I find such a barrel? Literally every barrel I've seen in a US made barrel. I was also thinking about not going with a chrome barrel because I've read online that non-chrome barrels have better accuracy. Although I'm not 100% sure yet, I may go hunting with the AK

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    where could I find such a barrel? Literally every barrel I've seen in a US made barrel. I was also thinking about not going with a chrome barrel because I've read online that non-chrome barrels have better accuracy. Although I'm not 100% sure yet, I may go hunting with the AK
    They are hard to find and cost 250-350 bucks
    chromlining gives you the ability to shoot corrosive ammo and dosnt ware out as fast with the steal cases

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom