• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    I was just curious because of the century kits. I am definitely not getting involved in magazine issues or buys. As my understanding goes Md residents cannot bring mags in from out of state. It's a good thing I bought a bunch a long time ago.

Dave

EDIT: classic arms is advertising blems (surface issues only) for $99.00! I'm going to refinish anyway so will probably get one of those. They seem willing to make a bunch of deals, I'm going to see if they will work a price on the good kits...

Still waiting to hear from :

Biermker (2)
    nighthawk (2)
    Mch28 (1)
    vince (1)

for this order....

Actually, you can not have mags sent to you in MD, but you CAN go to another state, buy/pick them up, and bring them back with you. As long as you take possession OUTSIDE of MD.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I was just curious because of the century kits. I am definitely not getting involved in magazine issues or buys. As my understanding goes Md residents cannot bring mags in from out of state. It's a good thing I bought a bunch a long time ago.

Dave

EDIT: classic arms is advertising blems (surface issues only) for $99.00! I'm going to refinish anyway so will probably get one of those. They seem willing to make a bunch of deals, I'm going to see if they will work a price on the good kits...

Biermker (2)

Mch28 (1)
    vince (1)

for this order....

EDIT: Copes kits have officially disappeared from their website (or at least the link to order them has)

I'll take two of the $99 kits :party29::party29:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I'm still good for one

Dave

Biermker (2)

Mch28 (1)
    vince (1)

for this order....

EDIT: Copes kits have officially disappeared from their website (or at least the link to order them has)

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm willing to collect the money and order the kits. I'd like everyone to say they agree with the purchase and I'll place the order. So far:

jas-1
    gibby-1
    h2u-1
    somoss - 2
    Biermker 2
    vince - 1

drmsparks (1) blem
    Numidian (2) blems
    total: 8, 3

Awaiting confirmation:

Mch28 (1)

Total: 1

Second buy (after new year), all maybes....
    slayr15 (1)
    nighthawk (2)
    sbarber7973 (2)

possible (5)

updated

I am going to call classic early tomorrow afternoon. After the order is placed I'll send out an email about payment.

Options are: send me a check and pick it up when you feel like it or come get it and pay in in person (cash)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    century's kits are up to 133, and have developed a rep for lower quality.

Hence the rush...

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=KI1019-F

prices are a climbing...

BTW, what's md's magazine limit? I noticed the centuries ship with a 20rnd.

Just as a potential help- if the parts kits have 30rd mags, you can always ship them to my work in VA. Again, you will have to come to my work to get the kits. No need to give up the kits if you don't have to. PM me if you want/need to do this.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Thanks h2u...

I work in chantilly myself (ponder the commute from college park to chantilly and you'll figure out why I'm cranky sometimes....)

I always thought that buying mags out of state and bringing them in was importing and banned by the state. I learned something new today....

Dave

We are going with classic arms I believe....I'll know tomorrow!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Quote:
    FINAL TALLY:

jas-1
    gibby-1
    h2u-1
    somoss - 2
    Biermker 2
    vince - 1

drmsparks (1) blem
    Numidian (2) blems
    total: 8, 3

Second buy (after new year), all maybes....

slayr15 (1)
    nighthawk (2)
    sbarber7973 (2)

possible (5)

Call will be placed tomorrow am.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    FINAL TALLY:

jas-1
    gibby-1
    h2u-1
    somoss - 2
    Biermker 2
    vince - 1
    buzzzyy - 2

drmsparks (1) blem
    Numidian (2) blems
    total: 10, 3

Order has been placed!

They knocked $10 off the cost of each full price kit. That's 119.95 plus shipping.

I told them to ship on Monday of next week. By next Wednesday (11/28) I should have possession of the kits and will send out individual emails with the totals including postage.

Step 1 is complete!

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I'm new here, I would like to do something in mid Jan. just can't do anything sooner. However I do have a couple barrells stashed so if kits W/O barrells come in I can go that route. (also have a Yugo underfolder W /trunion stashed).

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Order has been placed!

They knocked $10 off the cost of each full price kit. That's 119.95 plus shipping.

I told them to ship on Monday of next week. By next Wednesday (11/28) I should have possession of the kits and will send out individual emails with the totals including postage.

Step 1 is complete!

lol I should have waited the week...would have saved myself $30 compared to these other two kits i just ordered.... Oh well...

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Yeah me too - I had two Romanian G kits just sitting around waiting on some time to build them that I got from Copes a month or so back...I ordered 2 more kits from dpharms - they should arrive tomorrow. I wonder if there will be a difference in the quality. My kits from Copes were in OK shape.

I have got to stay off the AK forums...I keep seeing rifles I like and thinking I should get a kit for the build.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    He who waits is lost...remember. I bought two of the classic kits last week. For full price.... I can't even save myself money.

So far I'm planning on:

1 underfolder, custom wood.
    1 AK classic, custom wood.

1 tacticool with a flat. ....Galil handguards, ar collapsable stock, saw pistol grip and Iraqi flashhider...

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I didn't mean to imply rails...

If mine has a rail, it will be a single light rail only and a small one at that. I may put an aimpoint on it with the rear sight mount.

By tacticool, I was leaning towards the synthetic fiberglass look. Perhaps EBR would be a better adjective....

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I will probably be in for the 2nd buy, after the new year. I'm broke after finishing my AR, and the gf is on my ass about no more gun stuff.... I'd love to build an AKS-74U but the kits are $650 for a Bulgarian one.

Looks like I'll be building a Romak. At least I can shoot Wolf all day and it won't matter a bit :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom