• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Cope's is officially out of the Romy kit business. I guess you got yours from Classic. They had the best prices next ro Copes. Not that it matters, but did you notice they had Bulgarian AK bayonets in their unadvertised spacial section for $15 ea.? You can get the Romy bayonets cheaper elsewhere, anyway. One thing for sure, these kits are starting to run out with some dealers. I heard that some Class II FFL's were buying up kits to assemble later
    for sale, totally built. When the kits come in from wherever I would be curious to hear what they are like.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I'm out on the AK build too. To much going on and not enough room in my gun safe. I need to start buying some ammo too.
    Norton - Group buy on some ammo? :innocent0

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I heard that some Class II FFL's were buying up kits to assemble later for sale, totally built.

Hal at The Armory is sucking up everything AK- parts kits, manufacturing tools, flats, etc. He is actually going to start building them soon as he has the manufacturer's license.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Well,

Our kits shipped yesterday. They should be here tomorrow.

I also placed an order to be delivered to the Chantilly office for all things that can't be shipped to Maryland :innocent0 10 @ $12.95 each....

I also ordered ammo- 1000 rounds golden tiger and 2 lithuanian battle packs.

I have officially crossed a line- I now have 1400 rounds of ammo for guns I don't own yet......because the price is going up.

I also bought one of the bulgarian bayonets with my first kit's. They do not appear to fit the romy kits but they look cooler and come with sheath and frog.

Old Salt

Nov 27, 2007
    Bel Air
    I have built 3 AK-47 kits (including a Polish underfolder and 2 Romanian) and a Bulgarian AK-74. You sort of get addicted. For the price the Romanian kits are the best "bang for the buck". As they say, once you have the basic platform you can pimp them out to your hearts content.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Well,

Our kits shipped yesterday. They should be here tomorrow.

I also placed an order to be delivered to the Chantilly office for all things that can't be shipped to Maryland :innocent0 10 @ $12.95 each....

I also ordered ammo- 1000 rounds golden tiger and 2 lithuanian battle packs.

I have officially crossed a line- I now have 1400 rounds of ammo for guns I don't own yet......because the price is going up.

I also bought one of the bulgarian bayonets with my first kit's. They do not appear to fit the romy kits but they look cooler and come with sheath and frog.

I've got guys on another site hounding me for pics of the "rusty" kits. So if you wouldn't mind grabbing some pics for me when you get them tomorrow, that'd be awesome :party29:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    One Liberals Living Room....

It's a beautiful sight...

shebang.jpg

The "Blems"

blems.jpg

The worst:

worst.jpg

I had to search really hard to find the blems- they are not labeled as such from classic.

The kits are a mix of late 70's to mid 1980's. Two of the kits had brand new barrels. The only kit with evidence of firing (copper fouling on the muzzle brake) was placed with the blems.

They all look really good. I did not tear apart all the bags and graded the kits solely on the front half.

Individual emails to follow with balance due...

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Kit distibution

ok,

Everyone should have received a PM about their kits.

As far as distribution goes- I plan on letting everyone choose blindly- luck of the draw.

That said, there are certain requests we can try to accommodate if possible...if you want a certain year we can try to do that.

Dave

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    They really don't look bad. The one with the copper fouling on the brake looks a little dirty but smooth. It should clean up nicely. There is minor wear on the bolt face.

With the exception of the one with the copper fouling I had a hard time deciding which were the blems.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Looks like we're all in the same boat. I have an m72 and m90 with no receivers available. I just missed the m90 receiver buy (I'll start looking for these on auction sites) and the m72 is supposed to be coming in January from Nodak.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Got my two blems from Dave! Thanks a lot! Both matching numbers and good bores! Quite awesome! More of yall should have bought the blem kits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom