• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I've been to the thee Alexandria va WM about 25 times in the past 3 months. I literally have never scored at opening time. Not once. I have scored at random times in the middle of the day. On the days and times when I have scored (about 1/3 of the time), all three stores will have something. Pretty much either they are putting it out right then or they are out.

Usually there are four or five WM employees standing there texting as one is loading up the shelves.

There is little social status to working at walmart but my guess is that quite a number of employees have new friends in the market for ammo.

Deer Slayer!!!

Mar 12, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was told Mt Airy and Westminster Walmarts weren't receiving any ammo tonight! I was lookingfo a reason to late for work? I guess I could wish for the snow..like the horrible blizzard we got last week! Lol

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I would not be surprised if the some Walmart employees are helping the gougers and splitting the profits.
    Doesn't need to be gougers. Just casual acquaintances. I don't know any walmart workers, but if I did I would ask them to call me on the hint of a delivery.

75% of the ammo shortage is from normal buyers, people with new weapons and people doubling or tripling their usual purchases, which is actually reasonable and rational. I think the rest is from behaviors of preppers.
    I am in DC and we jus went from several online ammo dealers selling to, as far as I can tell, no one selling to us online. Why should online retailers who are going to sell their stock anyway, bother with trying to figure out DC's status?

My inventory of ammo last year was 2 boxes of 50 range ammo for each of two weapons and two boxes of 20 self defense for each.
    I have range ammo for a year instead of three months, and it is quite a bit since I am training two completely new shooters, and I also have some new weapons I want to proactive with. So I I have triple my ammo consumption rate and on top of that have tripled what I keep at home. I bet that is the case with many people.

If you consider that supply will probably be short for 6 to 9 months, and prices quite high for a year or two, and that ammo taxes and possible monitoring of bulk buys of 500 or more maybe instituted, there is a whole lot of rational hoarding gong on before you even get to gougers.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Starting to get the feeling us newbs really aren't wanted here.

I really doubt posting ammo finds here is doing any harm (nor much good). I've not been to a Walmart or Dick's in three months that has not had people already lined up at the cases. Posting or not posting here will not have much effect either way.

What you will affect is the support you need to fight the Maryland liberals in charge. The surge in participation in this site, in MSI and NRA is a positive thing. Don't make it a negative.

You want to have a good old boys club? We're good with that. We'll move on. It's just what O'Malley wants.

On another note, I find gunbot.net more accurate and timely than ammoseek. I've been able to get some 9mm less than .40/round off of it a couple of times.

You're not very good at this sarcasm thing, are you?

People don't have a problem with new members, seriously.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Guy at Abingdon Walmart said he was waiting for the shipment to come off the truck, as an associate said they'd just unloaded some. Ten minutes later the associate comes back empty handed. He said it hadn't made it from the truck to the shelves; the ammo was spoken for as he was moving it out to stock it. He mentioned it was six boxes of 9mm, and I think a box of two others (223 and 7.62x39, I believe). Gentleman there I chatted with said he wasn't on MDS and didn't have a lot of interest, but his son kept an eye on it.

Turtle Man

Mar 17, 2013
    On this point I must respectfully disagree. Three times in the past month I have raced to my local Walmart and to BP and all three times I've scored, with great thanks to those who posted the information. These tips have been invaluable and I will do my best to pay it forward by posting tips when I can.

I don't feel unwelcomed as a newbie here, but I post infrequently because I am not a firearms expert and have far more to learn than to share or teach. If I can advance the conversation or help someone in need I will post... but aside from that I keep my mouth shut and won't clutter the board with "me, too!" posts simply to advance my standing in his community. This board is a great resource and I'm grateful for it.

Brand new member here as well. And very much in the same position. More to learn than teach. I found this board as a result of looking for ammo. Hopefully this resource will help me find the .22 lr that is so scarce.

I will say this, and I did post it in another thread:

I called Bass Pro both yesterday and today, only to be told by the person who answered the phone there was no .22 to be had. Reading here I've learned different. Either check this board first, or take your chances and make the trek to Arundel Mills.

schosports

Mar 25, 2012
    Bel Air
    Anyone see any Federal 12ga, #8 shot? All I seem to find are single boxes of 7 1/2. I ordered some #9 from BP online but it's been on backorder for a while.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Brand new member here as well. And very much in the same position. More to learn than teach. I found this board as a result of looking for ammo. Hopefully this resource will help me find the .22 lr that is so scarce.

I will say this, and I did post it in another thread:

I called Bass Pro both yesterday and today, only to be told by the person who answered the phone there was no .22 to be had. Reading here I've learned different. Either check this board first, or take your chances and make the trek to Arundel Mills.

yesterday we ran out of .22lr fairly early in the evening. There was still plenty 22wmr when we closed, but lr was gone. It's likely the information was correct when you called.

Bayerische_Zhp

Feb 22, 2013
    Millersville
    Anyone see any Federal 12ga, #8 shot? All I seem to find are single boxes of 7 1/2. I ordered some #9 from BP online but it's been on backorder for a while.
    Bass Pro has cases of 250 for 65 bucks

yesterday we ran out of .22lr fairly early in the evening. There was still plenty 22wmr when we closed, but lr was gone. It's likely the information was correct when you called.

Do you guys carry anything else than CCI 22 wmr?

over/under

Nov 11, 2012

I bought a case of Federal 12ga #8 at Bass Pro yesterday. Random question, but are you the same schosport from bimmerforums in the early 2000's?

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Guy at Abingdon Walmart said he was waiting for the shipment to come off the truck, as an associate said they'd just unloaded some. Ten minutes later the associate comes back empty handed. He said it hadn't made it from the truck to the shelves; the ammo was spoken for as he was moving it out to stock it. He mentioned it was six boxes of 9mm, and I think a box of two others (223 and 7.62x39, I believe). Gentleman there I chatted with said he wasn't on MDS and didn't have a lot of interest, but his son kept an eye on it.

Spoken for by employees?

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Employees are not suppose to do that. I had worked for walmart p/t before the manager said it has to be shelved first and you can not be on clock. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom