• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I've gone to this show for years. not a big show, pretty smnall really, but I love wandering the small Mom and Pop shows.
    I hope the current madness doesn't turn this Mom and Pop show into a mob scene like the last York show.
    I've never seen such a panic driven crowd at a GS in my life.

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD
    So I managed to get there at about 4:00 and was like 3rd in line. The first 30 minutes were awesome, but then the crowd piled in. There were some nice rifles for alright prices, but ammo was ridiculous, and the AR's I saw were priced to insane levels ($2600 for a M&P15 with MOE furniture...what?!). Picked up a Mossberg for a good price from J&K. All in all, not too bad of a show, pretty crowded though.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Got there right at opening, before the line formed. Not worth the bother. Crowded as usual in that tiny building. Prices varied wildly, but all were marked up. Saw a couple WASR-10s marked at $1700. Same table had 3 of those new .22lr Uzis(over $600) and a SPAS-12. Guy with all the mags was selling 20rd steel AR mags for $30. Another guy had a few Glock mags for $39. Only decent thing I saw was a clean Russian SKS for $550.

Also, the only place I heard Feb 6th mentioned was at Freestate's table. A little disappointing. But the pizza at Buontempo Bros afterward was worth the coming out in the cold.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I managed to pickup a nice Mossberg 500 witht he ATI stock on it for $425 so, not hatefull! I even ran into a guy I hadn't seen in a while when I got in line to get in...Even the Police were there to buy! :)
    If I was ready for a lever gun,today would have been perfect... the ammo was high on some, but others, not totally hatefull

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD
    Also, the only place I heard Feb 6th mentioned was at Freestate's table. A little disappointing. But the pizza at Buontempo Bros afterward was worth the coming out in the cold.

I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned more too. I figured it would've been a hot topic.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    it was packed at 5pm when I got there. there dealers that were there were

Just Guns
    Bel Air Gun
    J&K Associates
    Jacks Gun Works
    (one from Federalsburg MD, forgot the name)

Was the tacticool agent from Just Guns in attendance? If he was it may be worth a trip up tomorrow for that reason alone....

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    tried to get in but i was the one with the screaming kid. guess it was probably a bad idea to try and take him but the wife wasnt home from work yet. looks like i didnt miss much.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    As my son pointed out, we got there right as at 5 before the line formed down the block.

I just want to say that this was the most crowded I have ever seen that show. If you have been there before you know how narrow the aisles are. It was so crowded last night you could barely move. I'm pretty sure the number of folks exceeded the capacity allowed by the fire marshall.

I only bring this up to stress that if it is that crowded today and you are considering taking small children you might want to think twice. It will be very easy for you and your child to become separated.....and please leave the freakin stroller at home.....

As others have pointed out if you are planning on buying something.....bring lots of money.

EasyE

Jan 26, 2013
    Got there at 4:20 yesterday afternoon and there was already a line formed inside. It was my first time at any gun show so I didn't know what to expect. (They didn't have many shows back in Jersey). Went specifically looking for stuff I may not be able to get for a long time and ended up finding the guy with the AR magazines.

The gentleman in front of me picked up qty 8 20round aluminum/Teflon coated mags with new P-mag followers @ $30 ea. I decided to pull the trigger and grab 6 for myself (woulda got more but cash is tight). The seller says to me, "Looks like Im selling these for not enough, they are going to easily... so after you and this next fella, Im raising the price to $35"...

I suppose they will be $50 each by today and maybe $75 ea by sunday... haha. obviously I don't know this for sure.

Everything else was way overpriced (high capacity mags) and especially ammo as a previous post mentioned. I saw 1 box of American Eagle 115gr FMJ 9mm qty 50 going for $26.95??? what the .... but I guess that's to be expected. Some .223 steel cased was going for $20 per 20 round box,,, same with 5.56 but at least that was brass. Whenever I flipped a tag over on any AR I almost puked in my mouth alittle...

Saw some nice rifles and shotties and a good assortment of handguns (specifically a never before seen by myself Side By Side 410 Shotgun / Rifle combo (cant remember the rifle caliber) but pretty neat) ... but didn't pay too much attention cause I had only one thing in mind.

All in all, the 35 minutes I was there I saw some pretty cool stuff, nothing I could afford, but cool nonetheless. And literally by the time I left, I was stepping on peoples feet and the rude MF's around were starting to push their way in front of you while you were actually looking at something. So I decided to leave as I slowly become less patient with people in those situations.

Glad I went though and I hope some of these mom and pop businesses make some decent money (without totally ripping people off.... because we always remember)

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    Stopped in for about 45 minutes last night. Keep Shooting had about the only legitimate selection. Didn't really see anything that jumped out at me though. Surprisingly there was only 1 table selling beef jerky and toys.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I got there at 5:30 and the line extended out the building about 50 or 60 ft. Took about 20 min getting in and luckily, they were counting people coming and going so when I made it in, the place wasnt as crowded as it could have been

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom