• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I don't want to rehash the issue, but F*ck the "brothers" trying to sodomize the rest of us with their extravagant prices. When the market corrects and things return to the new "normal" they can all kiss my ass. I understand the supply and demand of the economy, but I look at this like the impending hurricane and stores screwing people on gas prices and generator prices. I know of plenty of businesses not taking full advantage of their customers. When I see a Beretta CX-4 posted for sale for $1400, it's getting ridiculous. Carry on.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Got there at 4:20 yesterday afternoon and there was already a line formed inside. It was my first time at any gun show so I didn't know what to expect. (They didn't have many shows back in Jersey). Went specifically looking for stuff I may not be able to get for a long time and ended up finding the guy with the AR magazines.

The gentleman in front of me picked up qty 8 20round aluminum/Teflon coated mags with new P-mag followers @ $30 ea. I decided to pull the trigger and grab 6 for myself (woulda got more but cash is tight). The seller says to me, "Looks like Im selling these for not enough, they are going to easily... so after you and this next fella, Im raising the price to $35"...

I suppose they will be $50 each by today and maybe $75 ea by sunday... haha. obviously I don't know this for sure.

Everything else was way overpriced (high capacity mags) and especially ammo as a previous post mentioned. I saw 1 box of American Eagle 115gr FMJ 9mm qty 50 going for $26.95??? what the .... but I guess that's to be expected. Some .223 steel cased was going for $20 per 20 round box,,, same with 5.56 but at least that was brass. Whenever I flipped a tag over on any AR I almost puked in my mouth alittle...

Saw some nice rifles and shotties and a good assortment of handguns (specifically a never before seen by myself Side By Side 410 Shotgun / Rifle combo (cant remember the rifle caliber) but pretty neat) ... but didn't pay too much attention cause I had only one thing in mind.

All in all, the 35 minutes I was there I saw some pretty cool stuff, nothing I could afford, but cool nonetheless. And literally by the time I left, I was stepping on peoples feet and the rude MF's around were starting to push their way in front of you while you were actually looking at something. So I decided to leave as I slowly become less patient with people in those situations.

Glad I went though and I hope some of these mom and pop businesses make some decent money (without totally ripping people off.... because we always remember)

:thumbsup:

doglover

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I don't want to rehash the issue, but F*ck the "brothers" trying to sodomize the rest of us with their extravagant prices. When the market corrects and things return to the new "normal" they can all kiss my ass. I understand the supply and demand of the economy, but I look at this like the impending hurricane and stores screwing people on gas prices and generator prices. I know of plenty of businesses not taking full advantage of their customers. When I see a Beretta CX-4 posted for sale for $1400, it's getting ridiculous. Carry on.

AMEN!

Dave stopped by the Armory last night and wasn't very impressed by what he saw.

I have a feeling he will resume building the AR in a few months when things settle down. The prices are ridiculous

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Here's what it looked like this afternoon. Few bargains to be found if you looked real hard. Packed like sardines

Attachments

• IMG_20130202_135019.jpg
      IMG_20130202_135019.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 265

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    What frosts me about a lot of vendors is that they want to sell at "premium" prices but don't bring 1) "premium merchandise" or 2) sufficent staff. I understand that they want to make $ as well as anyone else but 1) Don't sell me hash and tell me it's Prime Rib and 2) wait on people as you would want to be waited on yourself. This goes for the public as well. The vendors have licenses and have to protect that so don't ask them to 1) Ignore the paperwork or 2) "fudge it" a little bit.
    I used to help a buddy that had a small shop. A goof was waving money at us to sell him a "firearm regulated by the State of Maryland" and he was willing to pay a premium to "avoid the paperwork" As far as we knew he could have been a MSP or BATFE plant. We told him to "Get F'Ded" No skin off our noses.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I got there at 5:30 and the line extended out the building about 50 or 60 ft. Took about 20 min getting in and luckily, they were counting people coming and going so when I made it in, the place wasnt as crowded as it could have been

There was a specific number set for visitors, so the staff running the show were monitoring the population in the room. The main room reached full capacity pretty early on and the staff were only admitting additional people as other folks left. Crowded, but not so bad that you couldn't get down the aisle given a couple minutes (assuming you didn't stop too much to check things or chat).

Ammo prices were nuts, I'm glad I have a decent stock (and hope the ammo supply in stores catches up with public demand before I run dry). I saw one table selling cmp-grade .30-06 garand ammo for $8/8 rounds. I got my cmp .30-06 garand ammo for about .50c a round, and glad I got several cans.

Still not a bad way to spend some time on a Saturday. Got to look at guns and shooting stuff, talk with some people I haven't seen in a bit.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    There was a line at 9am to get in, and it was a packed house pretty quick thereafter. Ammo prices were insane ($75 for a brick of 22LR-buck a round for .223, and $.50 a round for Tula 7.62x39-lowered from $.75 however). I was tempted by the Colt marked 20 round mags, but I didn't need them bad enough to pay $30 each. I did some decent deals, Specifically a nice Savage Model 99 with a scope, a few older 22LRs, a few nice Browning Auto 5s, etc. Not that many tables selling jerky/socks/etc. I only walked out with some Lin Speed Oil, and a single box of 7.65 Browning-so it wasn't a lost day. I like supporting smaller shows like this, regardless of ammo prices. (I'm not trying to complain about the prices, I just won't pay it unless I really need it thatbad.)

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Anyone see any 20 round pmag's for sale there? If so, how much were they going for?

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Reading these posts sure makes me happy I followed the same disipline as the squirrels in the Fall months.
    I do beleive that things will get back to "normal" after that panic subsides.
    Remember, an Ban will still be a tough sell in both the House and the Senate.
    Whats going on now is knee jerk reaction of gun owners, not so far from the knee jerk reaction from the antis.
    Save your $$ for when you can practice the rule:
    "buy cheap, stack deep". :cool:

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.

thats because you have not been by to see me in some time.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wow, I'm in the market for a cx4, but that's 400.00 over! Anyway, I didn't see it, did buy 2 cool bolt action pens!

downwind65

Jan 10, 2010
    Baltimore Co.
    I went Friday Night with $900.00 in my pocket and left with $900.00 in my pocket. Prices at some tables were really high. Jack seemed to have some decent prices but didn't have what I was looking for. I overheard a vender say he was raising his .223 prices because " These idiots will pay anything right about now " That was enough for me to remember him and his over priced ammo!!!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I went Friday Night with $900.00 in my pocket and left with $900.00 in my pocket. Prices at some tables were really high. Jack seemed to have some decent prices but didn't have what I was looking for. I overheard a vender say he was raising his .223 prices because " These idiots will pay anything right about now " That was enough for me to remember him and his over priced ammo!!!

What vendor was it? Nothing better than informing your brothers of who does not respect them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Reading these posts sure makes me happy I followed the same disipline as the squirrels in the Fall months.
    I do beleive that things will get back to "normal" after that panic subsides.
    Remember, an Ban will still be a tough sell in both the House and the Senate.
    Whats going on now is knee jerk reaction of gun owners, not so far from the knee jerk reaction from the antis.
    Save your $$ for when you can practice the rule:
    "buy cheap, stack deep". :cool:

I'm not sure we need to concern ourselves with the Federal side at this time. I do believe the state of Maryland is going to be where the war is waged. We have a very uphill battle to overturn O Malley's band of bandits. Seems we alway get the short end of the stick.

That's why Feb 6th is so important to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom