• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yea I looked they out of stock. It’s cool I’m still looking cause I haven’t gotten my lower transferred over yet. I swear everywhere I look for handguards that are suppressor ready are out of stock lol. I got the upper here I’m bout to do the lapping on whenever I get off my ass so it’s ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could do a BCM KMR. I highly recommend those two handguards because of how they mount. I went from 3/4 MOA to 3 consecutive shots through the same hole at 100 yards on a 16" 300BLK when I swapped from the SI Megafins G2 to a BCM KMR and lapped the upper receiver.

Both of the handguards from BCM are thermal fit for the rail, keep that in mind.

I have a 9" BCM KMR on my 10.5" 300BLK SBR and it holds 1/2 MOA or better with my hunting ammo. I also have a Faxon Match Series barrel on it too.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So I do have a brace now. My question is if I do Sbr it can I still shoot it normal with the brace or is it dead in the water till it’s out of jail?

You can still shoot it with the brace in it while you're waiting for your stamp to be approved. Once you get your stamp, go to Engage Armament in Rockville and have them do the NFA engraving, then put your stock on after you get back home.

I recommend EA, because they can put the engraving in a very unobtrusive location on the lower without any issues and it looks really good too.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    You can still shoot it with the brace in it while you're waiting for your stamp to be approved. Once you get your stamp, go to Engage Armament in Rockville and have them do the NFA engraving, then put your stock on after you get back home.

I recommend EA, because they can put the engraving in a very unobtrusive location on the lower without any issues and it looks really good too.

Is it basically laser engraving? I was actually about to buy an engraver a few weeks ago lol.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    bb6ef54e8c7d02e65d36b36635fe667b.jpg

At it again

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Yes! They have done all of mine.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    You could do a BCM KMR. I highly recommend those two handguards because of how they mount. I went from 3/4 MOA to 3 consecutive shots through the same hole at 100 yards on a 16" 300BLK when I swapped from the SI Megafins G2 to a BCM KMR and lapped the upper receiver.

Both of the handguards from BCM are thermal fit for the rail, keep that in mind.

I have a 9" BCM KMR on my 10.5" 300BLK SBR and it holds 1/2 MOA or better with my hunting ammo. I also have a Faxon Match Series barrel on it too.
    Love the BCM KMRs. Have one on a couple of mine and they’re my favorites

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    1031df150c48934151c9517f3d6c5ee9.jpg

Everything is finally done with this 12.5” pistol. I broke the damn dust over pin lol which was good cause I wanted to replace my covers with the strike industries enhanced ones. I just need to start my cans process while I figure out parts for my 7.5” 300 blackout backpack build. Here is a little video I did in YT

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    1031df150c48934151c9517f3d6c5ee9.jpg

Everything is finally done with this 12.5” pistol. I broke the damn dust over pin lol which was good cause I wanted to replace my covers with the strike industries enhanced ones. I just need to start my cans process while I figure out parts for my 7.5” 300 blackout backpack build. Here is a little video I did in YT

I'd highly recommend a 10.5" barrel for the pistol. You'll want to minimize unburnt powder going into your can. The 300BLK burns all the powder in the first 9" of your barrel. It was also designed for the 10.5" barrel....

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I'd highly recommend a 10.5" barrel for the pistol. You'll want to minimize unburnt powder going into your can. The 300BLK burns all the powder in the first 9" of your barrel. It was also designed for the 10.5" barrel....

I thought bout that, but I want to keep the build compact. I think the biggest I’d want to go is 8”

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I thought bout that, but I want to keep the build compact. I think the biggest I’d want to go is 8”

Trust me when I say this. 29.5" OAL with the stock extended meets the MD BS 29" in the law with a 10.5" barrel. If the law isn't ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS, and you want/have to SBR that pistol, you'll have to buy a new barrel or build a new upper. Same thing goes if the brace rule is ruled constitutional.

You can collapse the stock to whatever you want on a 29" OAL SBR to make it shorter. My 10.5" 300BLK SBR, with the can and the stock fully extended, is about 2" shorter in OAL than a Ruger American Ranch rifle. The RAR is 36" OAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom