• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    SBR's are codified in federal law, so there is no flip-flopping.

38a2da8b86c839f5c58bc72450f336c7.jpg
    Except for MD’s stupid 29” length rule. I have three Federally approved and stamped SBR’s, of which 2 are still braced pistols in the eyes of this stupid state.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    And you think I can ignore the 29" rule? I can't, bud.

If FSA2013 gets struck down, the 29" rule goes with it.
    Huh? I think what?

I was pointing out the finer point of the SBR vs the braced pistol, as far as MD is concerned. There’s “flip-flopping” inherently built into this whole situation. It’s ATF legal but not MSP legal?

I think I’ve also missed the part where FSA2013 is getting struck down anytime soon. Is this breaking news?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Huh? I think what?

I was pointing out the finer point of the SBR vs the braced pistol, as far as MD is concerned. There’s “flip-flopping” inherently built into this whole situation. It’s ATF legal but not MSP legal?

I think I’ve also missed the part where FSA2013 is getting struck down anytime soon. Is this breaking news?

Simply put, MSP can't make up it's bipolar mind, nor can the ATF stop being bipolar in their rules.

In the beginning, the ATF didn't care about pistol braces. Then some a$$hat poked the bear and the ATF said they were no go if you even shouldered them by accident. After that the ATF went back on the previous determination. Finally the ATF made the rule up about braces pistols being SBR's. All caught up? That was 10+ years of ATF cr@p just to get to today. Hell, I still have my copies of the determination letters from the ATF FTB saying that braces are legally not a SBR.

My apologies. The AWB gets struck down, and the 29" rule goes with it.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Got a quick question and did t wanna do another thread just to ask. So I just purchased an aero upper and wanted to know if it can be used to do a 300 blackout build? I know the round is bigger but didn’t know if it would fit the ejection port. https://ar15discounts.com/products/aero-precision-assembled-upper-receiver/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can hold 2x 556 cases in my hand in a way that you can't see what they are and you have a 50% chance of guessing which one is the 300BLK. All you'll see is the head stamp.

300BLK is a cut down 556 case that is then necked down to 30 caliber.

Any 556 upper will work on a 300BLK. Same thing with a 556 BCG.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Options for those who own 300blk. 8 or 10.5” barrel? New build in progress. Going to be getting an omega 36m can to run it suppressed as well.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Options for those who own 300blk. 8 or 10.5” barrel? New build in progress. Going to be getting an omega 36m can to run it suppressed as well.

I’m running a 10” 300blk and it’s awesome. I SBR’d it to get a proper stock on it. If you’re ever up in Carroll county you’re welcome to take it out for some fun. I’ve got an omega 300 in jail right now, but I built it with the purpose of running suppressed most times

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I’m running a 10” 300blk and it’s awesome. I SBR’d it to get a proper stock on it. If you’re ever up in Carroll county you’re welcome to take it out for some fun. I’ve got an omega 300 in jail right now, but I built it with the purpose of running suppressed most times

I’m in Carrol Co every wed n Saturday but it’s always between 5-6:30 am lol. I was thinking of doing an 8” but came across people saying 10.5 is the sweet spot

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I’m in Carrol Co every wed n Saturday but it’s always between 5-6:30 am lol. I was thinking of doing an 8” but came across people saying 10.5 is the sweet spot

I heard the same, I don’t have a comparison to an 8” barrel, but I can tell you I’m very happy with the 10”. 5-630 would work once the can is free lol

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

300BLK burns all the powder in the first 9" of the barrel. Get a 10.5" barrel and love life. It will also meet the 29" for you to SBR it in the future.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    300BLK burns all the powder in the first 9" of the barrel. Get a 10.5" barrel and love life. It will also meet the 29" for you to SBR it in the future.

Yea I think I’m a do the 10.5 cause it’s so hard finding a good suppressor handguard for 8”

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yea I think I’m a do the 10.5 cause it’s so hard finding a good suppressor handguard for 8”

Look at the BCM MLOK version of the KMR. They offer them in different lengths, including 9" for shorter barrels.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Look at the BCM MLOK version of the KMR. They offer them in different lengths, including 9" for shorter barrels.

Yea I looked they out of stock. It’s cool I’m still looking cause I haven’t gotten my lower transferred over yet. I swear everywhere I look for handguards that are suppressor ready are out of stock lol. I got the upper here I’m bout to do the lapping on whenever I get off my ass so it’s ready to go.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Trust me when I say this, don't bother with the brace. Go SBR right out the gate. You'll thank me for it later.

I love a 10.5" 300BLK SBR and a 12.5" 556 SBR for what I use them for. The SBR keeps the can closer to you, so you won't notice the weight of the can as much as you would if it was on a 16" barrel. SBR's are a lot of fun too.

If you build the SBR properly, you'll have the same accuracy as you would out of a 16" barrel...

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Trust me when I say this, don't bother with the brace. Go SBR right out the gate. You'll thank me for it later.

I love a 10.5" 300BLK SBR and a 12.5" 556 SBR for what I use them for. The SBR keeps the can closer to you, so you won't notice the weight of the can as much as you would if it was on a 16" barrel. SBR's are a lot of fun too.

If you build the SBR properly, you'll have the same accuracy as you would out of a 16" barrel...

So I do have a brace now. My question is if I do Sbr it can I still shoot it normal with the brace or is it dead in the water till it’s out of jail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom