• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    It’s actually for the barrel nut. It’s called vibration-tite, I didn’t use it I just used aeroshell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I've used the vibra tite before. I didn't really like it, it's more like rubber cement when it dries. So the first nut goes on and the second nut secures the barrel to the first nut and the receiver? I've never seen that setup before, only one piece barrel nuts.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Nice work. Referencing back to where you said Sunday you were bored. You're going to build your 350, 450 you spoke of and a few other uppers. Then you are going to buy one of these and find time to fill those idle hands making more food for your toys. :D Then you will never be bored again!!

Partner_87460_SideProfile_woutBase.jpg
    If you're going to feed toys like that, it's better, IMO, to have a setup like this:

IMG_3689.jpeg

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Yeah I've used the vibra tite before. I didn't really like it, it's more like rubber cement when it dries. So the first nut goes on and the second nut secures the barrel to the first nut and the receiver? I've never seen that setup before, only one piece barrel nuts.

5ac982309182d7ca0bd64816786bbbb7.jpg

Yea so basically one piece screws in and the other acts like a secondary part I guess. That shit is on their tight though so I’m hoping I don’t get any movement.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It’s actually for the barrel nut. It’s called vibration-tite, I didn’t use it I just used aeroshell

Threadlocker is required for a 2 piece system like this to prevent the nut from rotating. You use a threadlocker to time the nut that is directly attached to the upper receiver. The nut gets timed and then you allow the threadlocker to setup before installing the actual barrel nut. The Aeroshell is used on the second barrel nut.

The vibratite VC-3 they provided is not very good for that application since it gets hot. VC-3 breaks down at 200 degrees F

VC-3 is great, but not for parts that get hot (barrel nut, gas block, or muzzle device)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Bachelor life is a blessing at times like that lol unless your girl/wife is a gun fanatic as well. That’s what I need to find and my life will be whole
    emoji23.png
    emoji23.png

If you find that, pm me her sister's number.
    My wife was a vegan when we first started dating. That was 47 years ago, now married 46 years. A lucky roll of the dice.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not interested in converting vegans. A few of my ex girlfriends are gun owners due to me but that's as far as it goes.
    Oh, I didn't have such plans. My plans, at the time, were more basic in nature... :innocent0

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thank you. Right now if your a member of 2nd amendment foundation (SAF) a brace is allowed to still be mounted to a pistol. I want to keep it a pistol and not an Sbr because then I’d have issues traveling with it to other ranges out of state. I would need permission I guess from that state. So I would like to find the SB TACTICSL pdw brace but they are like unicorns from my searching.

The state doesn't give permission. You fill out a 5320.20 for each location for each state you'll want to take it to for the entire calendar year. Then you'll be able to travel at will with it for the whole year. You can also put up to 3 items on each 5320.20 to have approval to transport.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    The state doesn't give permission. You fill out a 5320.20 for each location for each state you'll want to take it to for the entire calendar year. Then you'll be able to travel at will with it for the whole year. You can also put up to 3 items on each 5320.20 to have approval to transport.

You have to fill that out with the atf with the state, also is it for each location in whatever state or just each state? Does that include a can as well? I’m keeping my build as a pistol and don’t plan to SBr it, but I do plan to grab a can or 2 for the new year.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You have to fill that out with the atf with the state, also is it for each location in whatever state or just each state? Does that include a can as well? I’m keeping my build as a pistol and don’t plan to SBr it, but I do plan to grab a can or 2 for the new year.

You are making this harder than you have to.

One 5320.20 per address per year. You can have up to 3 items on each 5320.20 you submit. The 5320.20 is for the ATF and only the ATF.

For example, you want to go to your brother's house in WV with 2 of your SBR's, you do a 5320.20 with his address and you fill in the leaving date as 1/1/20xx and return date as 12/31/20xx, so you can travel with it at will for the year to his house.

The flip side of that is that you can specifically state days that the item will not be at your home address, but at his. It is easier to say the whole year though.

The only things that are required to be put on a 5320.20 are SBR's, SBS's, MG's, DD's, and AOW's.

I planned on keeping an AR pistol as a pistol until I shot a friend's SBR. Pistol braces are trash compared to a stock. It is actually easier to go SBR than try to abide by the lunacy of the pistol brace rules flip-flopping so much. SBR's are codified in federal law, so there is no flip-flopping.

38a2da8b86c839f5c58bc72450f336c7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom