• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Little update today -

Ordered the Bul Armory Commander in 9mm this morning. Just a good price on them from the mfgr website. $850 for a 1911 that has a degree of hand fitting? Take my money. I’ll post a thread about it once it arrives and shoot it in. Gonna take some range trips before I roll it into my IDPA rotation. Then if it proves capable in a handful of matches and on the flat range, we will move it to a carry rotation as well.

I know I know…9mm 1911’s are about as classic cool as a ford Pinto. But I happen to shoot a lot of 9mm every week, as been mentioned there is some hip defensive ammo tech out there. I’ll get a .45, but it’ll be blued and 5” in the future. A stainless commander will be a good fit for the AIWB carry.

- Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If I get another full size gun with will be a 1911 in 9mm. I'm eyeing up Rock Island A1/A2 which seem to have lots of good reviews on them for sub $1000 1911's.
    My RIA 1911 9mm A1 has been flawless for thousands of rounds. You won’t regret buying one.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's sad that the Argentine Sistema pistols are no longer the bargain they once were. Colt in everything but name, made to Colt specs on Colt-provided machinery, they've doubled in price over the last decade.

Probably Trump's fault.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It's sad that the Argentine Sistema pistols are no longer the bargain they once were. Colt in everything but name, made to Colt specs on Colt-provided machinery, they've doubled in price over the last decade.

Probably Trump's fault.
    Definitely global warming. An transphobia.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    5a2791ec6f005880d1bbe37d2787b9ca.jpg

32d3361e3f22fb6dfcecb8656651dc86.jpg

Well blended and some great slide to frame fit. Take her out for a spin on Thurs evening.

35795b2eb614d08055b294085d9be5b1.jpeg

Cell Phone grab for now. Seems like a really well made pistol at its price point. Impressed so far!

- Brent

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    I really gotta wring the Glock outta me. Wanted to hold the pistol too high. Touch the slide…drop your shots low. Don't touch the side lol.
    More dry fire and live fire today. Honestly, yesterday was a rough day and my shooting wasn't very hip. The gun worked wonderfully. Recoils a little more than I thought, which isn't much mind you. But I believe it's not the recoil so much as my recoil management. I need to train my hands to this frame. Definitely take a lower grip compared to strikers. In any event, my 10y shooting was garbage and inconsistent. Here are some "rapid" fire targets from 7y. By rapid I mean one shot a second. Just letting the gun stretch it’s legs a little. First 150 rounds all went bang that’s the important part. I can get my performance up to snuff in time.

0e33c0b85cdd72fe4bfbb9dfa48b4bc4.jpg

870f2aeef8c7bdd07d74e2afab0dc7f8.jpg

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Sharp looking pistola! Solid shooting too! Glad to hear its reliable.

Thanks! I’ll take that for now. Like to see where my shooting goes in the next couple months on it. I fed it 150FMJ on Wednesday and 100HP today (Friday). It’s eaten it all up and spit em all out. We’re still getting to know one another.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    5a3197ee09a0a0fcaaaf4ee7f2426faa.jpeg

That’s been my main shooter for years. Trying some other goodies out still carrying this one though.

Old reliable.

One reason I have never been a "pistol guy". The more you buy and own, the more you have to remember and adjust to.
    It's the old standard, "beware the man with only one gun..." I am a firm believer in that adage.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    DPM recoil spring really works well on aluminum frame commanders. It smooths everything in the recoil impulse out on my .45, sure it will do wonders on the 9.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    If I get another full size gun with will be a 1911 in 9mm. I'm eyeing up Rock Island A1/A2 which seem to have lots of good reviews on them for sub $1000 1911's.

FYI - $297 before shipping, tax(?) and transfer:
    Rock Island 51615 GI Standard FS 9mm Luger 5" 10+1:

Attachments

• IMG_4262.jpeg
      IMG_4262.jpeg
      82.1 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey