• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The problem with American Reloading is that the pulls are not always as described. I bought a bunch of 158gr lead projos with "light marks", and some of that were grossly deformed. This kind of thing is alright with blaster pistol bullets, but it destroys accuracy for rifle bullets. Unless it was something exotic and hard to find like Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, I'm not sure I'd buy their rifle pulls beyond a 25-100yd blaster use case.

The real deal is arguably the LOS bullets, which are new and perform reasonably well. At 25-30% off, they're often a really really good value.

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Awhile back I had ordered some pulled 220's. I received about 30% 190's and the rest were ok. American Reloading responded quickly to my email and resent the order and told me to keep the first order. They will make your order right.

To clarify, they sell demilled/pulled bullets. They will have pull marks and will be clearly not factory new projectiles. I wouldn't buy bullets for 1000yd PRS shooting from them, but 9mm Gold Dots or HST's for $0.11cpr shipped is a no brainer to me.

The problem with American Reloading is that the pulls are not always as described. I bought a bunch of 158gr lead projos with "light marks", and some of that were grossly deformed. This kind of thing is alright with blaster pistol bullets, but it destroys accuracy for rifle bullets. Unless it was something exotic and hard to find like Trophy Bonded Bear Claws, I'm not sure I'd buy their rifle pulls beyond a 25-100yd blaster use case.

The real deal is arguably the LOS bullets, which are new and perform reasonably well. At 25-30% off, they're often a really really good value.

Yup. As far as pistol bullets go, I always find a few deformed bullets from the pulling process. However, they always over pack and the prices are currently stupid cheap.
    Also, with pistols, I'm happy with 6" groups at 25yds. It would take a seriously bad bullet to effect that requirement/skill level. (I was trained to hit center mass fast- no need for the X ring)

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I received my order from American Reloading too. However, I am not pleased. I ordered 123 gr TMJ and received those (mild pull marks). However, I also ordered the 147 gr G2, they were not in the shipment and so far American Reloading says they shipped them. I tried calling and customer service hangs up before saying hello…
    No reply yet to emails.

Hopefully they make it right.

American doesn’t supply good tracking/shipping, which is unfortunate

There have been orders where it was cheaper for them to ship in multiple boxes instead of a larger one and they arrive at different times. I have never been shorted complete orders before and they’ve always made right in any shorted counts or damage exceeding over counts..

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Got my 147gr Gold Dot Black coated in yesterday. Even got a free bullet. Lol. Some have a red polymer filling and some are silver. Bout 25% have pull marks. I’ll use those for testing loads
    Also got some 62 gr SP that have no visible pull marks
    d980822a9d65493c5c34a06c979994d1.jpg

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I received my order from American Reloading too. However, I am not pleased. I ordered 123 gr TMJ and received those (mild pull marks). However, I also ordered the 147 gr G2, they were not in the shipment and so far American Reloading says they shipped them. I tried calling and customer service hangs up before saying hello…
    No reply yet to emails.

Hopefully they make it right.

As a follow-up. They answered my email apologizing for the error and with tracking info for the missing items with no questions asked.

Great customer service.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    There's been some accounts of personal info leaks going on their website, so I'd be wary ordering from there until things get resolved. I haven't gotten any fraudulent charges yet, but if i do, it's probably from that AR leak.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Got my 147gr Gold Dot Black coated in yesterday. Even got a free bullet. Lol. Some have a red polymer filling and some are silver. Bout 25% have pull marks. I’ll use those for testing loads
    Also got some 62 gr SP that have no visible pull marks
    d980822a9d65493c5c34a06c979994d1.jpg

It looks like they have some similar coated HPs in stock today

https://americanreloading.com/9mm-38-super-357sig-355-356/3339-9mm-140gr-black-coated-jhp-500ct.html

Also some uncoated versions

https://americanreloading.com/9mm-38-super-357sig-355-356/3611-9mm-140-147gr-jhp-500ct.html

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Who's got the cheapest RN 124gr FMJ 9mm bullets these days? Still RMR? Not looking for pulls.

American Reloading has LOS brand new bullets. I have shot about 500 so far and they work well for pistol and my PCC.
    Use code 2022 and you get 25% off and free shipping.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    American Reloading has LOS brand new bullets. I have shot about 500 so far and they work well for pistol and my PCC.
    Use code 2022 and you get 25% off and free shipping.
    That's what I used last time, but the 124 RNs weren't there when I checked.

Wound up buying some coated 124s from Summit City, since they were cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom