• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Guess we're changing the definition of a "bullet" mid-stream..

or maybe the "ammo availability" thread has filled up..

I dunno..

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Midway has Factory Seconds 300gr 338 SMKs for 60cpr

Also I saw American has coated and uncoated Barnes LRX 250gr 338s for 52-55cpr after coupon

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Email from American Reloading that projectiles and brass are now 30% off and Midwest powder is 10% off. They’ve replenished their GENIX large rifle primers too

——/—————

30% Off ALL Projectiles
    Includes LOS Bullets
    Use code - USA

30% Off ALL Cases
    Includes Primed & Unprimed
    Use code - USA

10% Off ALL Powders
    Use code - powder

Powders Available
    Hazmat & Shipping Included

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Black coated 147gr gold dots back at American

SS109s back instock

30-30 150gr

Out of the SS109s now. Not nearly as cheap as that, but Everglades has their own manufacture SS109s in stock. I've only loaded and tested a few, but they seem to be very accurate and the reviews are extremely positive. Free shipping and it looks like there are some 5-7% off discounts floating around the internet (I haven't tried one or ordered from them recently).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    American Reloading finally got the LOS 124s back in stock, so I ordered a few thousand of them. Shooting more and more these days with compensators/brakes, and I don't want to lead them up more than I have to.

I also need to buy some MPRs from RMR for use in 9 Major, but waiting for a good sale.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Well after several years of being a satisfied American customer and proponent, I have to part ways after they screwed me pretty badly.

They've marketed a "Premium" mix of 338 for a while now and I bought a couple hundred in the past and it turned out well. I wasn't in dire need but when the Memorial Day sale popped up 30% off, I jumped on 1000 of them. What I received was well over 500 soft point rounds of various weights and brands. I pointed out to them that I don't consider hunting rounds as premium, they agreed and updated their description. I pointed out a second time that I could purchase these SPs, they included in my mix, brand new for less at Midway, I never heard a thing back. To date I've pretty much wasted my money on this 1000 count "Premium Mix" that didn't even result in getting 50 rounds of any same type bullet.

I'm not going to beg and complain for satisfaction, it's not in my nature. I gave them 2 opportunities to make things right and they didn't, so I've removed them from my vendor list and won't do biz with them again. I won't be a proponent for them either, as I've done here and other firearms forums in the past.

YMMV

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That same experience with 9mm bullets is why I swore off the premium mix. Not even remotely worth it to sort out 15 kinds of bullets for less than a box each of most.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well after several years of being a satisfied American customer and proponent, I have to part ways after they screwed me pretty badly.

They've marketed a "Premium" mix of 338 for a while now and I bought a couple hundred in the past and it turned out well. I wasn't in dire need but when the Memorial Day sale popped up 30% off, I jumped on 1000 of them. What I received was well over 500 soft point rounds of various weights and brands. I pointed out to them that I don't consider hunting rounds as premium, they agreed and updated their description. I pointed out a second time that I could purchase these SPs, they included in my mix, brand new for less at Midway, I never heard a thing back. To date I've pretty much wasted my money on this 1000 count "Premium Mix" that didn't even result in getting 50 rounds of any same type bullet.

I'm not going to beg and complain for satisfaction, it's not in my nature. I gave them 2 opportunities to make things right and they didn't, so I've removed them from my vendor list and won't do biz with them again. I won't be a proponent for them either, as I've done here and other firearms forums in the past.

YMMV
    That does suck. For me personally I stay away from buying anything from them that isn't pretty clearly labeled on what it is, and I won't buy any mixes from them. The effort to sort anything is almost never worth it unless there is no way to get something otherwise.

RMR and their "scrap price" miscellaneous 7.62x39 pre-primed brass a year or so ago is about the only time I've done that. And it was very worth it. That said, I still dropped probably 2-3hrs to sort 500 cases, but brass 7.62x39 for reloading is already difficult to find at any reasonable prices.

Bullets don't seem worthwhile to sort unless it's very clear that it is a mix of only two types of bullets from the same manufacturer. Like if it is 115 and 124gr gold dots, okay. Even then, if it is $5 more for just a straight run, might as well just pay that than spend 30 minutes of my time sorting through 500 or 1000 bullets. Their mixes I always sort of assumed was half a dozen to a dozen different bullets mixed together and that doesn't seem worth my time to try to develop loads or match loads for 50-100 bullets, that I might not even have similar bullets already for many of them.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    That does suck. For me personally I stay away from buying anything from them that isn't pretty clearly labeled on what it is, and I won't buy any mixes from them. The effort to sort anything is almost never worth it unless there is no way to get something otherwise.

RMR and their "scrap price" miscellaneous 7.62x39 pre-primed brass a year or so ago is about the only time I've done that. And it was very worth it. That said, I still dropped probably 2-3hrs to sort 500 cases, but brass 7.62x39 for reloading is already difficult to find at any reasonable prices.

Bullets don't seem worthwhile to sort unless it's very clear that it is a mix of only two types of bullets from the same manufacturer. Like if it is 115 and 124gr gold dots, okay. Even then, if it is $5 more for just a straight run, might as well just pay that than spend 30 minutes of my time sorting through 500 or 1000 bullets. Their mixes I always sort of assumed was half a dozen to a dozen different bullets mixed together and that doesn't seem worth my time to try to develop loads or match loads for 50-100 bullets, that I might not even have similar bullets already for many of them.

I'm usually cautious as well and have shied from most of their mixes. I even did a preliminary 200 bullet trial-run on this "Premium" mix and ended up with 6 types of match bullets from 250,285,300gr. I can live with that, but once the latest batch came with mostly SPs and 18 different types, it was a kick in the teeth.

I'm semi-retired, so time spent sorting bullets and brass is not a consideration for me. Hell I offer to sort stuff for friends that don't have the time or motivation.. ;)

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    6.5mm 140gr Nosler RDF blems. 25cpr Free shipping over $99 and no MD tax.

I believe this site has exclusive access to Nosler factory blems.

Historically blems have been cosmetic issues only, where as "seconds" tend to note mechanical issues. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom