• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    National reciprocity s definitely within reach, provided Ayotte holds on in NH.

Just declaring nationwide ccw (I guess you mean shall issue) I would say no.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't know that there is any constitutional power to force a state to go Shall Issue, but there is power to force national reciprocity, including non-resident permits.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    No, but the GOP House and Senate can send something for him to sign, and his Supreme Court nominees can cement the right to carry
    yes. I think you have to firm up scotus first, then national reciprocity bill for ANY state issued ccw permit, just like drivers licenses are recognized

I think this has a good chance. In the first term even, none of this Hogan waffling BS. I think Trump will do it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Do you also feel the states should control free speech? Should the states control the newspapers and TV news?

No, I don't feel states should violate the constitution.

I feel Maryland is violating the constitution in many aspects.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in conceal carry for those who qualify (non prohibited person).
    I also believe in some training/education requirements. I'm not experienced enough to dictate what those are however.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Heller defined "to keep". We need another monumental court case to define "bear". If SCOTUS can rule that bearing arms means carrying outside the hearth and home I think that would do it.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    My opinion is that The states should control this, The President and US Congress should not.
    Too many people argue how a presidential election would decide issues that should and are in the hands of the state.

The 2nd amendment is not a states rights issue.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm sure that our members who are attorneys could come up with a solution.

It seems, to a lay person like me, the easiest solution would be for the White House to submit a bill requiring the Federal pre-emption of firearms laws. Enactment would render ALL state & local firearms laws null & void; all we would have left is GCA68 restrictions. Instead of chasing after thousands of state & local gun laws, we would only need to deal with the Federal law (which has no restrictions on carrying of firearms at present).

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    He can make reciprocity the law of the land.

That doesn't help us stuck in MD

If they did that, they would open it up due to money from the permits. Why limit the people when everyone and their mother from VA can cross over with a gun? It's a lost cause at that point.

How does drivers licenses work? Does each state have to agree to honor each separate state? Or is that a federal law?

Drivers license = privilege
    Owning a gun = right

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they did that, they would open it up due to money from the permits. Why limit the people when everyone and their mother from VA can cross over with a gun? It's a lost cause at that point.

How does drivers licenses work? Does each state have to agree to honor each separate state? Or is that a federal law?

Drivers license = privilege
    Owning a gun = right

I have said repeatedly that will be the reason the Gov or the GA would be forced to do something. Folks from other states carrying here will be the catalyst

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the courts have said repeatedly that carry can be regulated.

possession is a right.

Carry is not. Until we hear from SCOTUS.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It's right on his campaign page that he wants to make this happen. You could then obtain a Utah CCW and you would be able to carry in all states....WIN!

No previous attempts at National Reciprocity would have allowed any state resident to carry in their own state with another state's permit.

none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom