• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    i went over there around 1pm and got an annual pass. parking lot was already very full. this one will be more packed than the one a few weeks ago!

vendors still unpacking, but seemed to have decent supply of guns, ammo, mags, etc. not saying anything was cheap because it definitely wasn't. did a quick pass and the amount of glocks has definitely dropped from the last show, a lot. jerry's had like a third of normal. one ammo vendor who is always there didn't seem to be there, but again it was early.

.223 that i saw was a buck a round. .45 was $25-35 for the "cheap" fmj.

$25-35 for a box of 20 or 50?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i went over there around 1pm and got an annual pass. parking lot was already very full. this one will be more packed than the one a few weeks ago!

vendors still unpacking, but seemed to have decent supply of guns, ammo, mags, etc. not saying anything was cheap because it definitely wasn't. did a quick pass and the amount of glocks has definitely dropped from the last show, a lot. jerry's had like a third of normal. one ammo vendor who is always there didn't seem to be there, but again it was early.

.223 that i saw was a buck a round. .45 was $25-35 for the "cheap" fmj.

reloading stuff? the old couple on the back left.. ?

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Buddy of mine just called and said there are 2 entrances. Each had a line extending 1/4 mile. I'll pass - seldom any real deals in this climate....

Good luck to anyone that attends.

RP

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Buddy of mine just called and said there are 2 entrances. Each had a line extending 1/4 mile. I'll pass - seldom any real deals in this climate....

Good luck to anyone that attends.

RP

If anyone goes please report back with prices on the usual suspects for AR:
    Full Uppers, Stripped Uppers, BCG's, Lowers, PMag's, etc..

Trogdor

Nov 13, 2011
    I think I'll pass. Dad wanted to go, told him about the lines. He changed his mind real quick.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I just got back.

There were two reloading suppliers. The first had lots of primers and no limits. Primers went for $30/1000. The second (the older couple)was only allowing 1 lb of each powder per person. You could buy 10 lbs of powder but each had to be a different type. 8lb of powder went quick. They allowed only 1000 primers per person. They were complaining that they were supposed to get a very large order of primers yesterday, but it never showed.

I stoppped by Tony's uppers and picked up a 20" stainless 5.56 upper with BCG for $570. Picked up an extra BCG also. There were lots of AR's and AK's but they were pricey. The cheapest AK I saw was $1100. PMAG 30 AR mags were going from $25(these went quick) to over $40. I saw lots of AK mags also. They ranged from $20 to $50.

Ammo was all over the place. I saw 5.56 for $79/100. There was one vendor(DAG ammo, I think) that had Lawman 9mm 1000rds for $390. One guy outside was selling 5.56 for $750/1000. He said he had sold over 6700 rounds when I left at 4:30. I didn't look for any C&R cause my wallet was empty after I bought the lower.

There seemed to be more full auto than usual over on the right side of the hall. Cool looking at those.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I just got back.

There were two reloading suppliers. The first had lots of primers and no limits. Primers went for $30/1000. The second (the older couple)was only allowing 1 lb of each powder per person. You could buy 10 lbs of powder but each had to be a different type. 8lb of powder went quick. They allowed only 1000 primers per person. They were complaining that they were supposed to get a very large order of primers yesterday, but it never showed.

I stoppped by Tony's uppers and picked up a 20" stainless 5.56 upper with BCG for $570. Picked up an extra BCG also. There were lots of AR's and AK's but they were pricey. The cheapest AK I saw was $1100. PMAG 30 AR mags were going from $25(these went quick) to over $40. I saw lots of AK mags also. They ranged from $20 to $50.

Ammo was all over the place. I saw 5.56 for $79/100. There was one vendor(DAG ammo, I think) that had Lawman 9mm 1000rds for $390. One guy outside was selling 5.56 for $750/1000. He said he had sold over 6700 rounds when I left at 4:30. I didn't look for any C&R cause my wallet was empty after I bought the lower.

There seemed to be more full auto than usual over on the right side of the hall. Cool looking at those.

What type of lower did you pick up? Btw - How much was the extra BCG?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the prices i quoted for .45 were for 50 round boxes of pmc and other basic range ammo. I ended up buying a couple in the $24-25 range.

seemed to be a lot of pmags, in the $40 to $60 range. basic glock mags were in that price range also.

the whole show put me in a pretty bad mood, just outrageous prices everywhere.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    I got there at 3:20 PM and it took about an hour to get through line. All the usual stuff was there, albeit at high prices.

I was not in the market for reloading supplies but I did notice there were a few vendors selling a variety of powders, brass, and bullets. I saw quite a few bags of 55gr FMJBT and 223 brass. I didn't pay close enough attention to see what primers were available. There was a lot of people clogging up the isles around the reloading vendor tables.

There was quite a bit of bulk ammo in popular calibers. It was expensive but still selling. Very little .22 LR.

There was lots of high capacity magazines for all types of handguns and rifles. I picked up some 30 round AR magazines and some 15 round magazines for my Sig. There were a lot of Glock and Beretta magazines for sale.

Lots of AR-15 parts, receivers, and complete rifles. Also, lots of AK rifles.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    There was lots of high capacity magazines for all types of handguns and rifles. I picked up some 30 round AR magazines and some 15 round magazines for my Sig. There were a lot of Glock and Beretta magazines for sale.

What were the prices you saw for the pmag's? Were they really $40-$60?

Since you mentioned Sig mag's, did you happen to see any P238 magazines? Need a few of those.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I just got back myself. Plenty of guns, plenty of magazines, plenty of ammo. Just bring big money.

deercrazy82

Feb 20, 2012
    Riverdale, MD
    I found some usgi mags for 20 bucks and bought pmags from the guy who does the ar repair for $30 a peice. I got frustrated looking around way too many people but did get 500 rds of .223 from Georgia Arms for $245, they prob had the best deal on ammo

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    me and coworker will be there tomorrow.. leaving calvert around 7am.. so hopefully will be there before the crowd and long line.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    lx1x-
    The 15-22 mags, are they the same as other AR mags that hold .22? I saw some of those in the back left area. I didn't look too hard, cause I don't have a conversion yet for .22 lr for my AR.

doofoo-
    I am going to use a Spikes lower from the May group buy. It's going to split time with a 300 AAC upper that I'm going to build. The extra BCG was $150.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    lx1x-
    The 15-22 mags, are they the same as other AR mags that hold .22? I saw some of those in the back left area. I didn't look too hard, cause I don't have a conversion yet for .22 lr for my AR.

yes/no.. it has a notch at the back..

SW199220000.jpg

thank though..

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    What were the prices you saw for the pmag's? Were they really $40-$60?

Since you mentioned Sig mag's, did you happen to see any P238 magazines? Need a few of those.

Yea, the pmags were selling in that range. I saw vendors with both 20 and 30 round pmags. The metal 30-round GI mags were selling for $30 new and $20 used.

I can't remember if I saw P238 magazines or not. I was too focused on looking for P226 magazines. There was a magazine vendor on the back wall that had a big selection of magazines for all types of handguns. His display took up several tables. His Sig section had both factory and aftermarket magazines for several Sig models. He had 4 different types of magazines just for the P226 in 9mm. It looked like he had a similar selection for other models. Also, there were other vendors selling Sig mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom