• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I tried to make it smaller for you JoeMac. I had to convert the file and some of the quality did get lost to grain, but, the fact that this is a Coyote is still quite obvious.

My sister has been spotting them over on Fort Belvoir as well a few months ago., There has been some sightings in Nanjemoy as well. But, that';s not saying much, there's some pretty interesting things that live down there anyway.

Attachments

• Coyote.jpg
      Coyote.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 246

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Last deer seasons a guy killed 3 coyotes on the Indian head navy base. I seen one on the road on the base last week, had to stop to let it get out of the road.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Gee I spotted a Coyote 10+ year ago about 3 mi from home.
    For that matter the wife and kids keep seeing 15 turkey crossing the paddock, but keep missing them. But I suspect they are the same bunch I've seen about half mi away.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Had a turkey fly over my house not far from there.

I haven't seen any turkey for 20 years down here.

Now regular upland wildlife is popping up all the sudden at the end of the earth?

I have only seen a couple of turkeys on this particular farm...which was very surprising to me...until now. The yotes may be the reason for that.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    All I can say is. I have yet to see anything but Red Foxes on the farm in Western Charles County. I can't wait until Elk and Russian Wild Boar make here to the Western Side.

DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    Took my kiddo down to Point Lookout State park within the last week... As we are driving along, we spot this gorgeous bald eagle flying above, then we hear a *thud*... I stop my car to see a fish (just over a foot long, don't know what kind it is though) flopping in the road... Apparently, it bounced off my car as that gorgeous bald eagle had dropped it... I have come to this conclusion: I was dive-bombed with a fish by a bald eagle!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    That's definetly a yote. I have seen a few around in the last 4 or so years, mainly from a distance while hunting groundhogs, or cleaning the boat. If I remember correctly coyotes are present in every county in MD.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Took my kiddo down to Point Lookout State park within the last week... As we are driving along, we spot this gorgeous bald eagle flying above, then we hear a *thud*... I stop my car to see a fish (just over a foot long, don't know what kind it is though) flopping in the road... Apparently, it bounced off my car as that gorgeous bald eagle had dropped it... I have come to this conclusion: I was dive-bombed with a fish by a bald eagle!

That was your welcome to MD. We all get that. Didn't anyone tell you before coming up from Texas? :)

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Devon....maybe the eagle was trying to slap you in the face with a wet trout?

Man...that was digging up the mIRC days. Whoever got that is old.

Splittter

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Splittter
    LOL guilty
    edit: i may actually still have the old linux box with the bot on it

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Last deer seasons a guy killed 3 coyotes on the Indian head navy base. I seen one on the road on the base last week, had to stop to let it get out of the road.

I've been working here for 10 years (and walking everyday at lunchtime) and I've never seen one. I did see something about 7 years ago, but it was probably a mangy dog (rather than a chupacabra ;) ).

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

Wow, what are the odds on that?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

That happens to me all the time but it's usually poop. :o

DevonB324

Done
    Feb 7, 2010
    Transplanted Texan
    That was your welcome to MD. We all get that. Didn't anyone tell you before coming up from Texas? :)

Splittter

Wow, what are the odds on that?

The coyote's I can deal with, had a few up close and personal experiences with them... Having a fish thrown at me is a whole other story... WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom