Do your kids want ferrets for Christmas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We have had ferrets for quite a few years. Our sweet girl passed away from lymphoma a few weeks ago. Our boy has been very depressed. He has been adopted by Armed Ferret, so he has other ferrets to play with. I’m left with a rather large cage suitable for housing a pair or more of ferrets. If you are thinking of getting your kids ferrets for Christmas, this has everything you could need. The cage, food bowl, water bottle. It can be transported in one piece, but comes apart and will easily fit in a car. I’m in Bel Air. If needed I can deliver it to you. Everyone should own a pair of ferrets once in their life!

730D801B-CFC2-4EFE-B2FD-92983CF85812.jpeg

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    That’s a Ferret Nation cage, folks. IMHO the Benz of ferret cages. Can easily be opened with one hand and the entire front opens for easy feeding, cleaning, etc.

If you have or are thinking of having ferrets, jump on it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That’s a Ferret Nation cage, folks. IMHO the Benz of ferret cages. Can easily be opened with one hand and the entire front opens for easy feeding, cleaning, etc.

If you have or are thinking of having ferrets, jump on it.
    Good eye.

1E275166-0C46-49DC-9352-714A4DA4374A.jpeg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ferrets are a hoot. They wouldn't last in my place, thanks to the dogs.

A friend of mine had a ferret; I was visiting one evening, and the ferret decided it wanted to crawl up my fairly baggy pantleg. The sensation was incredibly ticklish, enjoyable until it got past my knee and I realised its inevitable destination. A few minutes of stark terror followed, until it finally departed, leaving me gratefully intact.

It has to be said: lawyers give weasels a bad name.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ferrets are a hoot. They wouldn't last in my place, thanks to the dogs.

A friend of mine had a ferret; I was visiting one evening, and the ferret decided it wanted to crawl up my fairly baggy pantleg. The sensation was incredibly ticklish, enjoyable until it got past my knee and I realised its inevitable destination. A few minutes of stark terror followed, until it finally departed, leaving me gratefully intact.

It has to be said: lawyers give weasels a bad name.
    Everyone who has stayed in our home has left having really enjoyed the ferrets. They are fearless, inquisitive, intelligent and funny. They get into everything. We have all really enjoyed having them. I had to depart from Armed Ferret’s place to shed some tears. I’m going to miss their evening antics. I know we’re doing the right thing getting the lonely fellow together with other ferrets.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Everyone who has stayed in our home has left having really enjoyed the ferrets. They are fearless, inquisitive, intelligent and funny. They get into everything. We have all really enjoyed having them. I had to depart from Armed Ferret’s place to shed some tears. I’m going to miss their evening antics. I know we’re doing the right thing getting the lonely fellow together with other ferrets.
    A little ocular leakage is permitted. Excess emotion has to come out somewhere, or something will break inside.

Were yours de-scented? They can get kinda ripe when excited.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    We started out with two and had seven for awhile. There is no need to buy them. People go into PetSmart and say how cute. $600 later they are out the door with a cage, food, bedding and all the accessories.

Month or two later, the kids aren’t cleaning up after them and the parents are fed up.

Got three from a couple where the dude had developed an allergy, one from a coworker who bought his daughter one for her birthday, two from the gf’s coworker’s niece who was moving and couldn’t take them.

Best one was a coworker of one of our fire company members. His wife and teenage kids texted him from PetSmart that they were getting one. He told them hell no. Got home and there it was. A few days later he was at our place.

We wouldn’t ever leave the dogs alone with them, but when supervised, they were OK.

We also gave the last one to someone who had them when we decided we were done being ferret rescue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A little ocular leakage is permitted. Excess emotion has to come out somewhere, or something will break inside.

Were yours de-scented? They can get kinda ripe when excited.
    Yeah. Descented. Still a little smelly, but it becomes a smell associated with snuggles.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Time to get that Maine Coon ...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom