• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Could have been, I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
    I just looked him up. He self deployed and did not let command know he was going or where he was responding to. He got dragged down the steps, beat with pipes, tazered with his own tazer and had his firearm removed from his person.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hmmm...32 years in the military and I never once received any training (especially firearms related) from civilian police. Wonder how I missed this... I was probably sick that day. Nor did I ever send any of my soldiers to such events. Now, we did send our surgeons and other medical staff to some of America's more active combat zones (major metropolitan trauma centers) to receive some of the latest and greatest trauma surgery and ballistic wound management TTPs from civilian medical teams employed in such facilities-- highly sought after training. Nope-- it was usually our troops that trained police and security personnel (from several foreign governments) on many different topics/skills during my tenure--.
    :clap::clap::clap:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    FYI, "Toe the line". As in, everyone step forward and put your toe on the line. Conform to the rest of your group.
    Sort of like coming up to scratch:

Origins of the Term Up to Scratch​

The term up to scratch appeared during the early to mid-1800s as a reference to boxing rules. When boxing was bare-knuckled, the opponent had to stand with their toes against a scratch in the ground at the start of every round. If a fighter was fit enough to stand at his assigned place at the beginning of a round (meaning he could walk himself to the line), he was up to scratch. If not, he was not up to scratch—likely due to his injuries.

Up to Scratch Ngram
    Up to scratch usage trend.
    The term was probably used before this pertaining to foot and horse races that would start at a line scratched into the ground, but it is difficult to find documentation of its use in such a manner. However, the Oxford English Dictionary lists scratch as “a line or mark drawn to indicate a boundary or starting point.”

The term not up to the mark can be used as a replacement for not up to scratch. In a modern sense, this negative connotation refers to something not meeting a certain standard. To start from scratch means to start over, to come up to scratch means to work towards certain expectations, to bring to the scratch means to be prepared or ready, and to toe the scratch means to have met requirements.

On Toeing the Line:

In the earliest known appearance of the phrase in print, The Army Regulator, 1738, an officer forming ranks of soldiers says: "Silence you dogs, toe the line...".

The phrase's next known appearance was in 1775's 'An Easy Plan of Discipline for a Militia ', in which parading soldiers are instructed to "...bring their toes to the line c g, at the second step they toe the line c h..."

The phrase appeared as a naval term in 1831, describing events of 1803: "..on the quarter deck we were arranged in a line, each with his toes at the edge of a plank..." to be subjected to "scoldings technically called 'toe-the-line' matches.' "

The phrase "toeing a line" appeared in Captain Maryatt's story "Poor Jack" which was published in several American newspapers in 1841. It refers to the crew of a ship being marshaled and inspected by a Lieutenant.

The most likely origin of the term goes back to the wooden decked ships of the Royal Navy during the late 17th or early 18th century. Barefooted seamen had to stand at attention for inspection and had to line up on deck along the seams of the wooden planks, hence to "toe the line". The first known mention of this use in literature stems from a story about navy life widely published in 1831 and written by Captain Basil Hall RN.[6] Hall served in the Royal Navy from 1802.

On some military parade-grounds there are white lines marked, along which soldiers form up, with their toes just touching the line.

I make no apologies for my love of idioms. Ask anyone; I'm well-known as an idiot.
    (To say nothing of my tendency to derail).

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Speaking of cops in Washington DC some of them cost the taxpayers a lot of money:

District of Columbia To Pay MILLIONS For Violating 2nd Amendment​

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Speaking of cops in Washington DC some of them cost the taxpayers a lot of money:

District of Columbia To Pay MILLIONS For Violating 2nd Amendment​

Money talks and bullsh*t walks. It’s usually when one has to pay for their mistakes that changes things. Sue baby sue. Next up MoCo and the Erlich tribe.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Not bad for 52.
    Poor gal has MS. Some say Married with Children was too raunchy and rude, but it is one of my favorite sitcoms. The eye candy of Christina/Kelly sure didn't hurt it, but Al, a football legend, was a god among shoe salesmen.

And while I think the gal who played Marcie was cute before she went all butch, one of my favorite lines when Al was expecting pizza delivery, but it was Marie at the door, "well, it's flat and it's cheesy, but it aint no pizza." I don't know why, but that still is in my head.

I now return you to the thread about Richard Cranium.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Isn’t this the same twat that was grandstanding before the fraudulent J6 commission, lying his ass off for Pelosi and the Dems, etc.? I’ll bet if you investigated him closely enough you would find he was a crooked POS as a cop.

Wasn't he the officer stuck in the door at the capital on Jan 6, that kept yelling "I can't breath" because of the crush of humanity against him in the door frame?
    I THOUGHT I recognized his name! He has now taken douche to the level of extreme. What a clown. I hope he finds this thread and reads it.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Anyone ever work with this a$$hole?

Brief summary: "I was a cop so I know things. AR-15's bad, Mmm-Kayyy? I know because I own one. No, I won't get rid of mine even though I'm not a cop anymore, but all others should be banned. Weapon of war!!"

And then he drops this gem:

Uhm, did he not watch the videos from the school? They had every bit the firepower that kid had, and more of it. But he paints the illusion that they were outgunned so he has something to point to when he declares that all AR-15's should be banned, including ones already owned. But he won't lead by example and turn his in.

This guy is a huge douche and with our breadth of viewers here, I'm sure someone worked with him, unless of course he's lying about his credentials which is entirely possible.

Why should the government be better armed than the citizenry?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I know an ex-cop who thinks like this idiot. When he retired, he simply didn't turn his sidearm in. He didn't ask to keep it, he didn't offer to buy it, he just walked out with it after his last shift and never turned it in. He looked me right in the eyes at dinner one night (his wife is my friend, not him) and told me that I shouldn't be allowed to own a pistol or any "military style" firearms. I asked why he has a pistol if he thinks that. He said that he was a cop so he should be able to have one. You can't argue with that special level of arrogant stupidity and I respect my friend so I just told him I disagree and changed the subject.
    ive ran into a few retired or ex cops that have that same mentality

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom