• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That’s my plan as well. I will also let my UT expire. I will then have MD, PA and AZ.

That gives me the coverage I need.

I will be able to drive from PA to FL and be covered

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Along with permitless carry for residents and non residents Florida also recognizes all home state licenses now which is good.

Hopefully South Carolina and Louisiana will be next. South Carolina's bill is still alive because next year is the second half of their two year session, so it's possible. Louisiana will have to start over again and will have to do a veto override. With the South Carolina Senate's history of RINOism, who knows, Louisiana and even North Carolina could leap frog them.

Thanks to you and Gary for all of your hard work and in keeping handgunlaw.us up to date. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    North Carolina honors all state permits

Gary gets all the credit for handgun law. I just help him out on occasion

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Florida still prohibits open carry, except when fishing, I believe.

They used to be very strict regarding concealment, but I believe they are a little more tolerant of printing and brief, inadvertent exposure. Is that correct?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Correct the statute is written to allow inadvertent display of a firearm

Also correct OC prohibited still

Open carry statute:

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

Last edited:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    From handgunlaw.us:

Florida honors all other states Resident Permit/Licenses to carry. (No Open Carry)

Florida will only honor permits from residents of the states they honor. They will not honor a NonResident permit from any state. (Must be 21 Years of Age to carry concealed.)

Reciprocity/How This State Honors Other States Permit/Licenses 790.015 Nonresidents Reciprocity (1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, A nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm, as that term is defined in s. 790.06(1), while in this state if the nonresident is a resident of the United States who is 21 years of age or older and he or she: (a) Satisfies the criteria for receiving and maintaining a license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm under s. 790.06(2)(a)–(f) and (i)–(n), (3), and (10); or (a) Is 21 years of age or older. (b) Has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed Florida CCW Links State CCW Site CCW Application Application Instructions Apply Online Renew Online How to Apply/Renew Order Forms Online Permit FAQs Traveling & Reciprocity FAQs State Statutes State Admin Rules 2nd St Admins Rules Link State Reciprocity Info 2 nd Reciprocity Listing Age to Carry a Firearm In Other States Last Updated: 7/1/2023 www.handgunlaw.us 2 firearm issued to the nonresident in his or her state of residence. (2) A nonresident is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed weapon or concealed firearm as a resident of Florida who is so licensed. (3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence ……the license shall be recognized as valid for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence. (4)The requirement in subsection (1) that a nonresident be 21 years of age or older to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm of paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person who: (a) Is a service member, as defined in s. 250.01; or (b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Grandson lives inFL for now. I texted him in case he didn’t know. He didn’t but asked if there’s still a 3 day wait to purchase a handgun if you don’t have a permit. He’s getting ready to move to NJ and wants to buy in FL before he moves

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Grandson lives inFL for now. I texted him in case he didn’t know. He didn’t but asked if there’s still a 3 day wait to purchase a handgun if you don’t have a permit. He’s getting ready to move to NJ and wants to buy in FL before he moves
    Check what takes into jersey carefully. There are restictions on everything. My son just moved there and brought some stuff home for storage
    Certain ammo is banned as well for possession.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    That’s my plan as well. I will also let my UT expire. I will then have MD, PA and AZ.

That gives me the coverage I need.

I will be able to drive from PA to FL and be covered
    I kept my UT and ME they are both good in DE

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I gotta check. I got pa, nh, va md and Fla. got to make sure I am covered in DE. I about crapped when I was carrying and found myself in DE and had no idea if I was good. I did have my Fla so I was.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I gotta check. I got pa, nh, va md and Fla. got to make sure I am covered in DE. I about crapped when I was carrying and found myself in DE and had no idea if I was good. I did have my Fla so I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom