• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    That’s my plan as well. I will also let my UT expire. I will then have MD, PA and AZ.

That gives me the coverage I need.

I will be able to drive from PA to FL and be covered
    Be careful about letting your UT expire Delaware won’t honor your MD license. I keep my Utah for when I visit Delaware.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I thought I was covered in DE with my WV non-res permit. Am I mistaken?
    Persons possessing a recognized license or permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon issued by one of the states listed may lawfully possess a concealed deadly weapon while in Delaware. Such persons are subject to and responsible for knowing and obeying all Delaware laws and regulations applicable to carrying or possessing of deadly weapons.

For the period from January 15, 2023 to January 15, 2024, Delaware recognizes the concealed deadly weapon licenses or permits issued by following states:

ALASKA
    ARIZONA
    ARKANSAS
    COLORADO
    FLORIDA
    IDAHO (Enhanced Permits Only)
    KANSAS
    KENTUCKY
    MAINE
    MICHIGAN
    MISSOURI
    NEW MEXICO
    NORTH CAROLINA
    NORTH DAKOTA (Class 1 permits only)
    OHIO
    OKLAHOMA
    SOUTH DAKOTA (Enhanced Permits Only)
    TENNESSEE
    TEXAS
    UTAH
    WEST VIRGINIA
    This list is made available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State of Delaware and any license or permit recognized below is valid for one year and will not be removed without one (1) year’s notice of impending removal and no sooner than January 15 of the calendar year following the expiration of this one-year period. Notice of impending removal will be provided to the state in question and will be posted to this site. There are currently no notices of pending removal that would take effect January 15, 2024.

Gun4Fun

Jan 22, 2023
    Washington DC
    Will Utah accept the md training? I might go that route as well.
    You need a certificate from an Utah certified instructor. But basically all the training required for Utah is covered in the MD course. The guy I did my training with for Maryland was also the certified by Utah so he gave me both when I took the course.

Maybe check with whoever you did your wchp class with see if they are Utah certified

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    My understanding is that state residents in WV were complaining that they couldn't access reciprocity benefits in other states. The legislature decided that the fix was to offer an optional permit, available to both residents and non-residents.

When I applied they recommended that you do so via mail/email. I submitted proof of competency-based training, and the other things required. (I applied in person because I had to be in Martinsburg.) The sheriff department did their background check and forwarded everything to the state police in Charleston. I got a call in about 30 days telling me my permit was approved. YOU HAVE TO PICK UP YOUR PERMIT IN PERSON. That's when she tells you to "stand on that line on the floor." She shoots your photo then hands you your permit in about 30 seconds--complete with photo. The whole process ends with her saying, "Have a nice day!" And you're out the door. Five year permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom