• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I bought one a few years ago. It’s very upsetting to me that it’s unfired, and I can’t shoot it. View attachment 383467

Had a coworker/ mentor whose duty gun was a Diamondback ( .38spl) that he had had since Diamondbacks were just regular guns . Wore the finish off . and had reblued . Twice . Until killed in Line of Duty in 1993 .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have a Taurus Tracker 992 (in black). It’s a nice gun and it works fine and shoots accurately. But its not perfect the rear sight does not adjust far enough to get windage adjusted correctly. Elevation is fine but there is not enough windage adjustment and shoots a little to the left. Too much of a PITA to send it back for repair so will (eventually) fix it myself. Nice gun but not as nice (or costly) as a Colt or S&W.
    • Taurus Tracker 992 22 LR / 22 WMR Matte Black Oxide 6.50 in. Ribber Grip®

TRACKER 992​

22 LR / 22 WMR Matte Black Oxide 6.50 in. Ribber Grip®

MSRP $: 639.45

INSTRUCTION MANUAL
    SHOP ACCESSORIES
    DEALER LOCATOR

Well . we always here " but they're better now than they used to be " , and many Tauri are actually usable .

But rimfire. DA revolvers aren't one of them .

Had one ( I think I still have the disassembled pieces ) . The DA was actually unusable . I'm a DA Revolver guy , and familar with DA triggers , not intimidated that they're supposed to be 12lb , but was really . really bad . Not just heavy . but gritty and inconsistent . I usually avoid this , but in desperation tried reduced springs , and the ignition stopped . before the trigger became useable .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You're right. The Colt Officers Model Special 4th Issue (22lr at top, 38 at bottom) is maybe the best. Both date to 1950. I showed you mine, now show me yours. LOL.

Those are nice , but I meant even better S&W . Used to have a " Pre " of this particular model . really want another , but I'm not driving up the demand / price any more , until I get another one .

For that matter , would like a .22/.32 , but they've been pretty much priced out of the realm of being serious shooters for a while now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom