• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lucky it was caught on video. If it wasn't, Ung would be up the creek, and the bully would be a "hero".

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I think he's going to beat it...going to be hard for a jury to say he was trying to murder anyone...although the fact that he had a drink the Da going to have a field day w/ that....that might be the only thing that he gets found guilty of, pretty sure in PA you can't carry while drinking ...don't know if that's a felony charge though

In PA, you are allowed to have a drink while carrying. You're not allowed to be "drunk". That is at the arresting officer's discretion. The most common test used is identical to a DUI test.

If Ung can demonstrate that he wasn't drunk, that charge may not stick either.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Have you seen this latest generation of "students"? :rolleyes:

Ung would be toast. He'd probably end up with a Hate-Crimes upgrade in the process.

Hey now. I'm part of the latest generation and am now practicing. I resent that remark. Sure, many law students today are sissified crap and/or over-educated bookworms but some of us still retain some character and integrity. (I can back-up that statement too) God, there's nothing I hate more than being tarred with the same brush as the rest of "them." I just spent a year unemployed because of stuff like this (not to mention not fitting-in in law school :sad20:).

No hard feelings though. Just thought I should chime in for those of us in the "lastest generation of 'students'" who are worth our salt.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    I know this is an older thread...just wanted to touch on this for future readers:

In PA, you are allowed to have a drink while carrying. You're not allowed to be "drunk". That is at the arresting officer's discretion. The most common test used is identical to a DUI test.

If Ung can demonstrate that he wasn't drunk, that charge may not stick either.

Personal opinions of should/shouldn't aside:

In PA there is no law about drinking and carrying. You can carry when you are drinking...you CAN carry while you are drunk.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I know this is an older thread...just wanted to touch on this for future readers:

Personal opinions of should/shouldn't aside:

In PA there is no law about drinking and carrying. You can carry when you are drinking...you CAN carry while you are drunk.

While there may not be a specific statute against it, I'd be wary of other "catch-all" sort of charges like Reckless Endangerment. Not saying I'd agree with it, but there's lots of things an LEO can charge you with that are vague enough to apply and ruin your day. I'm not a PA resident, lawyer, or anything of the sort, but I'm sure an LEO can find a way to arrest you and/or ruin your day if you're carrying while drunk, if they really wanted to.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    While there may not be a specific statute against it, I'd be wary of other "catch-all" sort of charges like Reckless Endangerment. Not saying I'd agree with it, but there's lots of things an LEO can charge you with that are vague enough to apply and ruin your day. I'm not a PA resident, lawyer, or anything of the sort, but I'm sure an LEO can find a way to arrest you and/or ruin your day if you're carrying while drunk, if they really wanted to.

If someone calls the police on you for any reason, plan on loosing your license.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/104870-arrested-having-gun-vehicle-permit.html

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    If someone calls the police on you for any reason, plan on loosing your license.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/104870-arrested-having-gun-vehicle-permit.html

He plead guilty to something he didn't do. When pleading guilty you are admitting that you did something, or that the State may have enough evidence to convict you. He should have gotten a better lawyer and kept his mouth shut.

Reminder to all CCW's: keep a lawyer on retainer and have their 24/7 number on your speed dial.

Flyer123

Oct 22, 2010
    I love how people call him a meat head because he plays lacrosse. So quick to judge someone you don't know. I have spoken to many lawyers in PA about this and they all agree Ung was wrong. PA law states you must make every attempt to flee the situation before using lethal force. Ung had many chances to run away but he didn't.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    I love how people call him a meat head because he plays lacrosse. So quick to judge someone you don't know. I have spoken to many lawyers in PA about this and they all agree Ung was wrong. PA law states you must make every attempt to flee the situation before using lethal force. Ung had many chances to run away but he didn't.

I had to re watch the video but it shows him walking/running away but in turn being chased down by this group of guys..........

Also I play lacrosse and could care less if people think im a meat head.... Im just not the kind of person who thinks its ok to harass a couple and follow them down the street

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County

You're crazy.

Do you think those meatheads would have just let him leave?

He was there with a female. Was he supposed to leave her behind?

He was backing up. The guy who got shot thought he was a badass. He erred. Badly. Maybe next time he'll think twice about being a toughguy. He deserved what he got. That group of thugs made a bad decision that night.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia

That "meathead" and his little thug friends ****ed with the wrong guy. He was trying to retreat and keep his girl with him at the same time. It was 4 of them vs. him and his girl. I bet those idiots learned their lesson.

ETA: Who is calling him a meathead because he plays lacrosse?

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

LOL yeah, and leave his friend (the woman) as she was being attacked by four large drunk guys at 2AM (the moment that caused him to pull out his CCW). Tell us another one :lol2:

As seen on FB, Eddie's friends and PR firm are trolling the web to be sure to get their version of events on the record. I guess MDS is not exempt.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    As seen on FB, Eddie's friends and PR firm are trolling the web to be sure to get their version of events on the record. I guess MDS is not exempt.

Seriously... Did that poster not realize how obvious his troll was? :sad20: Maybe we can start referring them to meatheads for being dumb enough to try to pull this kind of idiocy?

The guy that got shot deserved to get shot, end of story. I'm glad he survived so he might actually learn from his mistakes, but if he hadn't, I wouldn't have been too torn up about it either.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    Seriously... Did that poster not realize how obvious his troll was? :sad20: Maybe we can start referring them to meatheads for being dumb enough to try to pull this kind of idiocy?

The guy that got shot deserved to get shot, end of story. I'm glad he survived so he might actually learn from his mistakes, but if he hadn't, I wouldn't have been too torn up about it either.

yeah his death would of been no skin off my chin either, however...he now can now say in court that he was only trying to save his friends from the crazy guy w/ the gun....if he had died at the scene it would of been Ung saying there were these grp of guys all bigger than me I was scared for my life....

Flyer123

Oct 22, 2010
    Call me a troll all you want...just stating what the law says. There was no one behind him preventing him from running away with his girl.

Also, @ 2:30am in old city you don't have to look too far to find a cop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom