• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Didn't see a single 10/22 mag at the show, and i was there before 9am. If I heard "ANY BX-25's??" once, I heard it 1000 times.

Hahaha, thanks man!

Luckily I have several and am waiting on my ZK-22 stock to ship. Maybe by the time it arrives, Ruger will have filled some back orders.

:D

Thanks again.

adamwzl

Aug 1, 2011
    Eastern Shore / Annapolis
    Only really one ammo dealer there,,, and prices were not what I was willing to pay. Spam cans of 54r going for $140 each... come on man I can get two for $189. Saw a single 30rd PMAG for $65 and brick of 500 Remington UMC .223 for a whopping $700.. GTFO crazy bastards.

I've been to the gettysburg show about 4 times in the past couple years, never once seen it so pack or prices so outrageous. Stood inline at the reloader guys table for over an hour to pick up some primers and powder.

Best deal I got today was 1k 9mm brass and 250 bullets from J&E Shooters Supply for less than $60. Not to shabby, first time I've seen them at the show.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Really depended on what you were looking for. I got up here about 11 am, short but quick line to get in. Not shoulder - to-shoulder crowded; lots of vendors and individuals selling AR 15/mini 14 hi cap mags; ammo was available including 7.62 x 39, just no ' deals'.

Despite the table of Yugo SKS's for $499, I found an all-matching (including the stock) early 6 digit Model 56 Chinese SKS (Sino-Soviet era) in VG condition for a lot less than that! Pictures tonight after I clean it up.
    Was it $359.99?

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    what a joke

This show was a joke! Barely any pistol mags around, AR-15 mags were few and way over priced (bought 2 lol) ammo, if you could find any was WAY over priced! The one guy that had quantities of ammo was asking over $1 a round! I saw two guys asking $25 for a box of 20 pmc 223 ammo. I was very disappointed in all the dealers. I feel like major price gouging going on! I will just wait for brownells or cabelas. :mad54::mad54::sad20::sad20:

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Some people were and lots of people were pissed and walked away. ultimately i think he was winning because he was selling out of stuff, but I would say 38 out of 40 people were pissed.

My poor brother and a friend of his went up from AACO and they had a bunch of things on their lists and I gave them a list. I believe they got one pistol mag for a smith and Wesson .22 and a few ammo cans... Strike out on everything else.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Really depended on what you were looking for. I got up here about 11 am, short but quick line to get in. Not shoulder - to-shoulder crowded; lots of vendors and individuals selling AR 15/mini 14 hi cap mags; ammo was available including 7.62 x 39, just no ' deals'.

Despite the table of Yugo SKS's for $499, I found an all-matching (including the stock) early 6 digit Model 56 Chinese SKS (Sino-Soviet era) in VG condition for a lot less than that! Pictures tonight after I clean it up. Also grabbed a laminated Yugo SKS stock for $30.

I guess a 'deal' on ammo is in the perspective. I got 400 rounds of Winchester .308 for $275. That seems like a good deal in this market!

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    Only really one ammo dealer there,,, and prices were not what I was willing to pay. Spam cans of 54r going for $140 each... come on man I can get two for $189. Saw a single 30rd PMAG for $65 and brick of 500 Remington UMC .223 for a whopping $700.. GTFO crazy bastards.

I did see another 30 round PMAG for a bargain price of $42 a couple of tables down from the 65 dollar one. I think those were the only PMAGS I saw anywhere.

If you were shopping for any of the following, the show was the place to be this morning:

1. $60 glock factory mags
    2. $60 AR 30-round PMAGs
    3. $25 Brand X metal 30-round AR mags
    4. $25 off-brand (KCI) glock mags
    5. $1/round 0.223 ammo
    6. Lense cleaner
    7. Custom Leather Apparel
    8. Candied Nuts
    9. Toy Helicopters
    10. Batman throwing stars

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011
    My poor brother and a friend of his went up from AACO and they had a bunch of things on their lists and I gave them a list. I believe they got one pistol mag for a smith and Wesson .22 and a few ammo cans... Strike out on everything else.

For the record, I also got 2 packs of cleaning swabs.

Absolute

Jan 10, 2013
    Howard County, MD
    slim, slim pickin's. I overheard a few folks were there for their first gunshow. Got there at 9:15 am and the line was already out into the parking lot

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I guess a 'deal' on ammo is in the perspective. I got 400 rounds of Winchester .308 for $275. That seems like a good deal in this market!

You're correct on that one. During this market, the deals are what they are. I saw some .380 I considered buying but decided to wait. I disagree with the comments about price gouging--there was no such thing, only sellers that are selling merchandise for what buyers are willing to pay. Offer them less and see what happens; likely nothing 'cause there's too many buyers that will offer them what they want. Sometimes is a buyers market and sometimes its a seller's market. Funny, we don't bitch when its a buyers market........The market may change soon, but right now, that is the market.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Despite the table of Yugo SKS's for $499, I found an all-matching (including the stock) early 6 digit Model 56 Chinese SKS (Sino-Soviet era) in VG condition for a lot less than that! Pictures tonight after I clean it up. Also grabbed a laminated Yugo SKS stock for $30.

Here's the photos: cleaned up real nice!!

Attachments

• Chinese SKS#4 Right.jpg
      Chinese SKS#4 Right.jpg
      16.9 KB · Views: 259
    • Chinese SKS #4 Left.jpg
      Chinese SKS #4 Left.jpg
      19.6 KB · Views: 258
    • Chinese SKS #4 Left Midstock.jpg
      Chinese SKS #4 Left Midstock.jpg
      41.7 KB · Views: 257

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    That show was a disappointment. No ammo deals, very poor selection and price gouging everywhere.

I saw one guy on the right wall that had 2 saiga 12's and wanted $1,200 from them and I just walked away. Then I saw a guy that had one saiga 12 and wanted $1,650 for it. I just smiled, busted out laughing and walked away.

The only good thing was that it wasn't nearly as crowded as York was last month, I could actually walk in the aisles this time.

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    Finally used my C&R picked up a mosin for $150 my buddy picked up a s&w mp 15 .22. No 300blk ammo in the whole place. There was only 1 booth in the whole place that had ammo for the mosin I bought. It was loose picked up 60 rounds of that. Not sure where you guys seen all the 30 round pmags for 60+. I bought two of them for $30 bucks a piece. He had a box full of them on the ground and only one on the table. Picked up some tanerite as well.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I went up around 10 on Sunday and there was no line. I didn't see any Pmags except for someone walking around with a backpack for $55 each. All I took home was some small pistol primers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom