• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    When you're drilling a gas port, and the first two bits break, while you're waiting on the new bits to arrive, always press the gas block back off and make sure the hole is clear of obstructions. Otherwise the tiny piece of drill bit still in the gas block will cause the three brand new bits you just bought to get dull as **** in a matter of seconds. Then you get to buy more bits. :P

Oh well. At least curtis is really fast with shipping.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Welll, My Grandfather would have looked at me after I broke the 2nd bit and said,,
    Boy you gotta be smarter than what you are working on.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Cole drill will drill anything, right through a drill bit with another drill bit. Rare tool but worth it if you can find one.

....or just punch out the retaining pins, press off the gas block, and tap out the broken section...

seems a bit easier than finding some obscure specialty tool that'll get used....once. ;)

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    ....or just punch out the retaining pins, press off the gas block, and tap out the broken section...

seems a bit easier than finding some obscure specialty tool that'll get used....once. ;)

But But But you did break the first and second /extra / spare/ only to be used in a emergency bit !!! You know you can buy them cheaper by the dozen. :poke::lol2::lol2:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    1. I have plenty coming for the rest of the kits sitting in the basement (not all mine)

2. Now that I'm aware it can happen, if another bit breaks, the gas block comes off immediately. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom