• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Make it an "Invite only" private range. Then have a list of people who can offer invites.

You want in, get in touch with X, Y or Z.

The offer of an invite is up to the discretion of the "vetter'.

No reason needs to be given for "lack of an invitation", because its not assumed that anyone will get one.

Stating that any one group of people is excluded is ugly, whether warranted or not (not making a statement on this particular case).

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Hows about allowing Muslims in...Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. It might enable some to keep an eyeball on 'things'. You know, like see something say something kind of thing. It's her civic duty.Keep your ears pealed for guys shouting Allahu Akbar every time they shoot a round. Half kidding, of course but hey, just a thought.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I think people that spout off "sue" really cant handle life, they were the "tattle tails" of grade school..boo hoo hoo so and so picked on me, Im telling teacher:sad20:.

I am saddened you hold Otis McDonald, Dick Heller, Ed Peruta and others in such low regard.

Everything I need to know about Muslims and their peaceful religion I learned from 9/11..

So you agree then that everything we need to know about gun owners being law abiding citizens we learned on 12/14/12?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    No but it is his place and his rules. By the way I think the vrod sucks. I'm old school 1950 panhead. If he/she does not want you in their private establishment that's just the way it is. Go someplace else or better yet spend a bunch of money and open your own place with your own rules.

Nope. Doesn't work that way. If I own a store, I can't ban black people just for being black, for example. I can't ban white people either.

Your business being your business works right up until you become a place of public accommodation.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Might want to look up what the law defines as protected classes. Just a hint, having the forum name ryan_j is not on the list.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Then what did you learn from the Oklahoma City bombing?

Oh hell why stop there. What did we learn from sandy hook and Aurora? That gun owners are dangerous people who go and shoot up schools and movie theaters?

See what I did there?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Might want to look up what the law defines as protected classes. Just a hint, having the forum name ryan_j is not on the list.

I'm pretty clear on what a protected class is, I take a refresher course on it every year as part of my job.

Here they are, under US law anyway.

Race – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Color – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Religion – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    National origin – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Age (40 and over) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
    Sex – Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Pregnancy – Pregnancy Discrimination Act
    Citizenship – Immigration Reform and Control Act
    Familial status – Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
    Disability status – Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
    Veteran status – Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
    Genetic information – Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Hmmm there is a range in my area that has a waiting list...it may take me 5 years to get into. I have to drive at least 35 mins to shoot. Should I sue because I don't want to wait 5 years to see if I am "accepted"? Maybe I'm being discriminated against because I paid a non refundable fee for a background and now have to wait 5 years instead of being "accepted". My background is good enough that the state of MD and the Federal govt has hired me. Maybe I should sue. Wrong! Their range their rules.

You are talking apples and oranges here. I myself waited for seven years to become a member of a range - a PRIVATE, membership-only range. Private ranges are an entirely different animal and can have their own rules. Regular businesses, however, must meet state and federal guidelines of non-discrimination.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Make it an "Invite only" private range. Then have a list of people who can offer invites.

You want in, get in touch with X, Y or Z.

The offer of an invite is up to the discretion of the "vetter'.

No reason needs to be given for "lack of an invitation", because its not assumed that anyone will get one.

Stating that any one group of people is excluded is ugly, whether warranted or not (not making a statement on this particular case).

You mean the method country clubs used to keep blacks, jews and catholics out ?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    You will notice that the left are the first people to call someone a name or judge someone without much info. They love to call people rednecks, bigot, Nazi, homophobe or best of all:envy: a gun nut. Lots of hate comes from the left but that's ok because they are right and really cool and your not.

Oh yeah, and the right wingers NEVER do any of the above....(pussies, libtards, etc.). Sounds like some people need to look up the word "hypocrite"...

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Insanity=Religious zeal? I think not.:sad20:

Unless you are a mental health professional, you cannot tell what was insanity and what was not. A court of law is going to decide whether or not one of these people is insane. They can't do anything for the other as he killed himself.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    When it's muslims, it's "all muslims are bad."

When it's gun owners, "it was just two nuts."

Got it.

you asked questions and got an answers. I don't know how else to help you.

now I will ask 2 questions. did you know anyone who died 9/11?
    do you know anyone who died after being shot by a nut with a gun?

my answer to both is yes. and I see a difference. if you don't oh well.

now I have some work to do so I will be back later.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    you asked questions and got an answers. I don't know how else to help you.

now I will ask 2 questions. did you know anyone who died 9/11?
    do you know anyone who died after being shot by a nut with a gun?

my answer to both is yes. and I see a difference. if you don't oh well.

now I have some work to do so I will be back later.

I do in fact. I live in NJ and I lived in NYC on 9/11.

Doesn't really matter to me, they're both dead.

I also knew a person who was beaten by a gang post 9/11. He was a sikh who wore a turban. Of course the people who beat him up knew he was a terrorist. Just like you know all about islam.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Oh yeah, and the right wingers NEVER do any of the above....(pussies, libtards, etc.). Sounds like some people need to look up the word "hypocrite"...

I've never witnessed anyone of power or record stand up in public and refer to the left as libtards, pussies, or any other derogatory aspersions.

I have heard the left hurl similar comments about us, From the President on down. I know what hypocrite means. I see and hear it every day on MSM.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I'm pretty clear on what a protected class is, I take a refresher course on it every year as part of my job.

Here they are, under US law anyway.

Race – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Color – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Religion – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    National origin – Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Age (40 and over) – Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
    Sex – Equal Pay Act of 1963 and Civil Rights Act of 1964
    Pregnancy – Pregnancy Discrimination Act
    Citizenship – Immigration Reform and Control Act
    Familial status – Civil Rights Act of 1968 Title VIII: Housing cannot discriminate for having children, with an exception for senior housing
    Disability status – Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
    Veteran status – Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
    Genetic information – Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act

So keep going. Cite the state or federal law that prohibits this privately owned business, from doing what it has done. Nothing like big government overreach.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Unless you are a mental health professional, you cannot tell what was insanity and what was not. A court of law is going to decide whether or not one of these people is insane. They can't do anything for the other as he killed himself.

I would venture to say, the little goblin from Newtown was certifiably(and certified) quite mentally insane.

As for Mohammed Atta, no such determination was ever sought in that regard nor was expected. Just your run of the mill Islamic zealot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom