• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just reading the bill, and here's a really odd one. Looks like the way the wrote it, police in uniform who go to pick up their kids after work, take them to a doctor's appointment, etc., will have to find a way to conceal their sidearm. They never wrote an exemption in for uniformed off-duty police when they begrudgingly accepted the amendment to allow them to carry in school.

Granted a lot of us including me think anyone with a valid CC permit should be allowed to carry in schools, but that is not my point. My point is, this is one more small way to embarrass Frosh and company over their horribly written bill.

4–102. 16
    (a) This section does not apply to: 17
    (1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer’s duty; 18
    (2) AN OFF–DUTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO IS A PARENT, 19 GUARDIAN, OR VISITOR OF A STUDENT ATTENDING A SCHOOL LOCATED ON THE 20 PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY, PROVIDED THAT: 21
    (I) THE OFFICER IS DISPLAYING THE OFFICER’S BADGE OR 22 CREDENTIAL; AND 23
    (II) THE WEAPON CARRIED OR POSSESSED BY THE OFFICER 24 IS CONCEALED; 25
    [(

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    They did that on purpose! Guns are bad and they don't want anyone to know or see them. Why do you think they snuck it in at the last minute?

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I remember this being one of the more heated amendment debates including the idiot from PG Co talking about a police officer talking to their kids teacher about their grades or being at a sporting event with a gun. This was intentional.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Displaying badge and credential.....

I guess they want to "out" undercover folks with kids too......idiots.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Display the badge, conceal the gun. Hmmm.

Uniformed police walking around with empty holsters? Hmmm.

Oh the stupid! It hurts!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Some LEO's don't wear uniforms. So I have to wear my badge around my neck and shirt un tucked. wtf.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    No, it wasn't. That's from the final read right there. What was amended out was blanket ban on any off-duty police carry in schools at all, which was what Delegate Dumass wanted.

I wonder if this was her way of blocking the NRA suggestion of placing armed security guards composed of retired and/or off-duty LEO in every school?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yep. That is not an oversight. I truly believe they want to shield all the kids from guns so the kids grow up scared to death of guns. Next, they are going to apply it to hammers.

They don't want to shield the kids from the guns, they want to shield themselves from seeing the horrid guns ... they don't want the kids to see them puking from fear.

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, if you're off duty and want to carry your sidearm, it must be concealed and you have to display your badge or ID.

No one will see your weapon, but everyone will know you are an officer. WTF?!??!?!

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I remember this being one of the more heated amendment debates including the idiot from PG Co talking about a police officer talking to their kids teacher about their grades or being at a sporting event with a gun. This was intentional.

I was there too, my reaction :mad54:
    :banghead:

And the Western Maryland Delegate asking for the Counties to control guns in school for off duty LEOs that got shot down by the Montgomery County teacher. That one annoyed me even more.
    [SARCASM]
    Montgomery County knows best.
    You unwashed peasants in Western Maryland don't know enough to protect yor kids, you have to wait until next year for the Supreme Maryland leaders from Montgomery County to decide what is good for you.
    [/SARCASM]

MONTGOMERY COUNTY SET MY PEOPLE FREE!
    SPLIT MARYLAND INTO THREE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom