• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It would be sloppy, but you could untuck your uniform shirt. Not an elegant solution given official dept. dress codes.

How about throwing a hand towel or plastic bag from 7-11/Wawa/Sheetz over it? Maybe an NRA T-shirt. Lol

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    What stupidity. Who in their right mind thinks somebody is going to get so upset over a "bad" call at a kids game that they are going to take out a firearm and kill the umpire. That idiot should have been given the dunce cap and put in the corner. When I see a handgun on somebody's belt, I take note but don't really care about it. If the other parent was that worried about an openly carried handgun, he should have been freaking about about the possibility that somebody was there carrying concealed, or worse yet, carrying concealed without a CCW permit.

Answer: Liberal hoplophobes. Oh that's redundant.

Apologies to the few here who are not.

Remember the woman who had her carry permit revoked for open carrying at a soccer game up in PA that had all the anti-gunners' panties in a wad a few years back? Then was shot by her LEO husband in a murder-suicide?

It was the perfect example for the antis of why "no one NEEDS a gun". I guarantee this incident was brought up either by Bloomberg's crew or the Brady Campaign when this bill and amendments were being drafted.

Here are the liberal versions of the story:

http://crooksandliars.com/logan-murphy/gun-carrying-mother-shot-and-killed

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33220258/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/gun-toting-soccer-mom-found-shot-dead/

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just reading the bill, and here's a really odd one. Looks like the way the wrote it, police in uniform who go to pick up their kids after work, take them to a doctor's appointment, etc., will have to find a way to conceal their sidearm. They never wrote an exemption in for uniformed off-duty police when they begrudgingly accepted the amendment to allow them to carry in school.

Granted a lot of us including me think anyone with a valid CC permit should be allowed to carry in schools, but that is not my point. My point is, this is one more small way to embarrass Frosh and company over their horribly written bill.

This was not unintended. Under prior law, the off duty cop in full uniform could not take his gun to school *at all* Now he has to 1. show his badge but 2. conceal his handgun. Otherwise the school officials will get all upset because, Lord knows, we don't want *real* protection in our schools. I have two kids in middle school and I testified on this before the House Jud. Comm and this whole thing really upsets me. God forbid, if we ever have a Newtown in Maryland, it will be because these jackasses in the GA refused to vote for armed protection in the schools. May they all burn in Hell for it.

maltob

Jun 26, 2012
    Well, after talking to the wife this weekend it looks like they could be getting ready to lock up all the nice lunch ladies at the schools:

A person may not carry or possess a firearm, knife, or deadly weapon of any kind on public school property.

(c) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

According to paragraph 2, there are no exemptions for the lunch workers:

This section does not apply to:
    (1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer’s duty;
    (2) AN OFF–DUTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO IS A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR VISITOR OF A STUDENT ATTENDING A SCHOOL LOCATED ON THE PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY, PROVIDED THAT:
    (I) THE OFFICER IS DISPLAYING THE OFFICER’S BADGE OR CREDENTIAL; AND
    (II) THE WEAPON CARRIED OR POSSESSED BY THE OFFICER IS CONCEALED;
    [(2)] (3) a person hired by a county board of education specifically for the purpose of guarding public school property;
    [(3)] (4) a person engaged in organized shooting activity for educational purposes; or
    [(4)] (5) a person who, with a written invitation from the school principal, displays or engages in a historical demonstration using a weapon or a replica of a weapon for educational purposes.

My wife worked in the school for 4 years and they do use large knives in the kitchens.

I actually believe this issue is part of current law. Look it up, this suggests it was there at in 2010, I don't know when it was added.

http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-1/4-102/

I am Not a lawyer. So I may be wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    This was not unintended. Under prior law, the off duty cop in full uniform could not take his gun to school *at all* Now he has to 1. show his badge but 2. conceal his handgun. Otherwise the school officials will get all upset because, Lord knows, we don't want *real* protection in our schools. I have two kids in middle school and I testified on this before the House Jud. Comm and this whole thing really upsets me. God forbid, if we ever have a Newtown in Maryland, it will be because these jackasses in the GA refused to vote for armed protection in the schools. May they all burn in Hell for it.

I can see it now:

"Thanks to Officer Friendly, the gunman was subdued. However, he is on administrative leave and an investigation is pending on why he decided to come on school property, in full uniform, with his service pistol EXPOSED. If it weren't bad enough for the children to see their classmates gunned down, they had to be so frightened by this man in armor and carrying all sorts of high capacity revolvers and such that they all have PTSD now."

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I can see it now:

"Thanks to Officer Friendly, the gunman was subdued. However, he is on administrative leave and an investigation is pending on why he decided to come on school property, in full uniform, with his service pistol EXPOSED. If it weren't bad enough for the children to see their classmates gunned down, they had to be so frightened by this man in armor and carrying all sorts of high capacity revolvers and such that they all have PTSD now."

Exactly.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

So if there is an incident in a school, the police cannot respond, as they firearms must be concealed (in hand it not concealed).

Brilliant.

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    No, the law applies to OFF DUTY LEO's.

Yup. If you're off today and nearby, you may not respond with your weapon. Of course, that has always been the case. Now, it's in writing specifically stating it. Idiots.......

Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    They can go on school property off duty with a concealed weapon and their shield.

How could they respond to an emergency with their weapon concealed? Like most emergency responders, they can do things off - duty as if they were working. But, they technically are not on duty. I. E. No compensation for time spent backing up traffic stops, responding to "officer needs assistance", and my personal favorite- knowing a particular address in your community and responding to help (family or friend of the family in danger- burglary, assault, suspicious persons in backyard.) Especially, if it isn't your normal jurisdiction. (Sheriff in a city/town with its own Le agency, MSP in a same situation, city or town cop in the county.)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Just reading the bill, and here's a really odd one. Looks like the way the wrote it, police in uniform who go to pick up their kids after work, take them to a doctor's appointment, etc., will have to find a way to conceal their sidearm. They never wrote an exemption in for uniformed off-duty police when they begrudgingly accepted the amendment to allow them to carry in school.

Granted a lot of us including me think anyone with a valid CC permit should be allowed to carry in schools, but that is not my point. My point is, this is one more small way to embarrass Frosh and company over their horribly written bill.

Unintended consequences? Bull.

Bloomberg, the financial sponsor of this POS via Johns Hopkins, a once-respected institution of higher learning rather than of political indoctrination, refused National Guard relief in NY after Hurricane Sandy, because National Guard carries guns. Unintended? 'nuff said.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If I remember right they tried to amend this out but it was voted down . Because " what if the officer is going in to talk about their child's bad grades or the school is losing a sporting event we don;t need gun available in those situations "

Yep our police are just as unstable and un trustworthy as the rest of us .:rolleyes:

That. After their shift is over, they're drones like the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom