• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It would be sloppy, but you could untuck your uniform shirt. Not an elegant solution given official dept. dress codes.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Wrong version, here is the updated version:

Pretty sure Zoostation has the same excerpt (correct) per his (or her, not sure) discussion/point after thorough examination...

*** October 1, 2013: Day of Further Infringement ***

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    the line numbers were not on the left when I cut and pasted, probably made it look different, no big deal, anyway, back the the discussion........

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's the exact same thing as what I posted. I copied off the enrolled bill. Please let me know what's different.

Pretty sure Zoostation has the same excerpt (correct) per his (or her, not sure) discussion/point after thorough examination...

*** October 1, 2013: Day of Further Infringement ***

Never mind, I just re-read the OP

the line numbers were not on the left when I cut and pasted, probably made it look different, no big deal, anyway, back the the discussion........

Numbers are there, just interspersed. That might have messed me up reading the OP.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Well, after talking to the wife this weekend it looks like they could be getting ready to lock up all the nice lunch ladies at the schools:

A person may not carry or possess a firearm, knife, or deadly weapon of any kind on public school property.

(c) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

According to paragraph 2, there are no exemptions for the lunch workers:

This section does not apply to:
    (1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer’s duty;
    (2) AN OFF–DUTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO IS A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR VISITOR OF A STUDENT ATTENDING A SCHOOL LOCATED ON THE PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY, PROVIDED THAT:
    (I) THE OFFICER IS DISPLAYING THE OFFICER’S BADGE OR CREDENTIAL; AND
    (II) THE WEAPON CARRIED OR POSSESSED BY THE OFFICER IS CONCEALED;
    [(2)] (3) a person hired by a county board of education specifically for the purpose of guarding public school property;
    [(3)] (4) a person engaged in organized shooting activity for educational purposes; or
    [(4)] (5) a person who, with a written invitation from the school principal, displays or engages in a historical demonstration using a weapon or a replica of a weapon for educational purposes.

My wife worked in the school for 4 years and they do use large knives in the kitchens.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well, after talking to the wife this weekend it looks like they could be getting ready to lock up all the nice lunch ladies at the schools:

A person may not carry or possess a firearm, knife, or deadly weapon of any kind on public school property.

(c) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

According to paragraph 2, there are no exemptions for the lunch workers:

This section does not apply to:
    (1) a law enforcement officer in the regular course of the officer’s duty;
    (2) AN OFF–DUTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER WHO IS A PARENT, GUARDIAN, OR VISITOR OF A STUDENT ATTENDING A SCHOOL LOCATED ON THE PUBLIC SCHOOL PROPERTY, PROVIDED THAT:
    (I) THE OFFICER IS DISPLAYING THE OFFICER’S BADGE OR CREDENTIAL; AND
    (II) THE WEAPON CARRIED OR POSSESSED BY THE OFFICER IS CONCEALED;
    [(2)] (3) a person hired by a county board of education specifically for the purpose of guarding public school property;
    [(3)] (4) a person engaged in organized shooting activity for educational purposes; or
    [(4)] (5) a person who, with a written invitation from the school principal, displays or engages in a historical demonstration using a weapon or a replica of a weapon for educational purposes.

My wife worked in the school for 4 years and they do use large knives in the kitchens.

What about plastic knoves for the kids? Or do they get sporks now?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Back in the late 90's until I graduated in 2000 my dad carried at every one of my baseball and football games on and off duty for MoCo Police and was the scorekeeper for the team. The guy in charge of my summer league had the balls to come up to my dad who took time in between a double shift to come down to the ballpark in full uniform in 100 degree weather and ask him to take his gun off and put it back in the cruiser until after the game......pretty much told my dad to his face in front of me that he thought he would snap on a bad call and shoot the umpire. My dad kept on doing what he was doing and the other parents all came up and voiced that they actually felt more comfortable with my dad being there in uniform.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Back in the late 90's until I graduated in 2000 my dad carried at every one of my baseball and football games on and off duty for MoCo Police and was the scorekeeper for the team. The guy in charge of my summer league had the balls to come up to my dad who took time in between a double shift to come down to the ballpark in full uniform in 100 degree weather and ask him to take his gun off and put it back in the cruiser until after the game......pretty much told my dad to his face in front of me that he thought he would snap on a bad call and shoot the umpire. My dad kept on doing what he was doing and the other parents all came up and voiced that they actually felt more comfortable with my dad being there in uniform.

What stupidity. Who in their right mind thinks somebody is going to get so upset over a "bad" call at a kids game that they are going to take out a firearm and kill the umpire. That idiot should have been given the dunce cap and put in the corner. When I see a handgun on somebody's belt, I take note but don't really care about it. If the other parent was that worried about an openly carried handgun, he should have been freaking about about the possibility that somebody was there carrying concealed, or worse yet, carrying concealed without a CCW permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom