• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Spoke to a police office and he informed me this was intentional. They do not want anyone, expect a school resource office, on school grounds with a open carry weapon. This has several police officers I know pissed off. They saw this as a slap in the face of law enforcement.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Spoke to a police office and he informed me this was intentional. They do not want anyone, expect a school resource office, on school grounds with a open carry weapon. This has several police officers I know pissed off. They saw this as a slap in the face of law enforcement.

The whole thing about carrying/ not carrying on school property is a joke and a slap to every LEO. They can walk into a school in uniform while working to handle a problem, but are not trusted off duty? What hypocrisy. They're off duty, go to school to pick up a sick kid and a nut wants to do something horrible in the school. If it's me, I'm going to act period. They could arrest me for it if they want. Good luck with a jury on that.

BillC

Jan 11, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    If I remember right they tried to amend this out but it was voted down . Because " what if the officer is going in to talk about their child's bad grades or the school is losing a sporting event we don;t need gun available in those situations "

Yep our police are just as unstable and un trustworthy as the rest of us .:rolleyes:
    On the other hand, it's nice to see them treating police the same as the rest of us mere civilians, instead of as a special class. As a veteran, it grates on my nerves every time I hear a police officer refer to ordinary (i.e., non-police) people as "civilians", as if they weren't civilians themselves.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    If I remember right they tried to amend this out but it was voted down . Because " what if the officer is going in to talk about their child's bad grades or the school is losing a sporting event we don;t need gun available in those situations "

Yep our police are just as unstable and un trustworthy as the rest of us .:rolleyes:

I read somewhere that police officers are more likely to commit a violent offense than a civilian with a CCP.

I don't remember where I saw that, but if anyone can cite the reference, I would appreciate it.

Not asking because I think LEO's are dangerous, or should not be allowed to carry open or concealed on school property, but that this stat would go against the anti 2A's argument for 16 hours of training for a MD CCP, in spite of NO testimony that anyone in MD with a CCP has used that firearm in a crime of any kind).

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    There was an amendment that was proposed at one point that would have exempted off duty police. It would have allowed them to carry at schools and other places, but the dumb ass dems. voted against it.

An amendment to exempt off duty police was proposed and defeated in the House judiciary/HGO hearing.
    The same amendment was again proposed on the full house 2nd reading and again defeated.
    The same amendment was a third time proposed during the full house 3rd reading debate the next day, but magically passed this time.

Rumor was that there was such an uproar from LEO's about the lack of respect from the house that MOM or Busch dictated that the amendment be brought up again and passed. The fact that it was voted down twice seems to lend credence to the "rumor" that the word was put out by MOM that NO pro 2a amendments were to be passed. Of course this was denied publicly, and was also denied "on the record" on the house floor.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This reminds me of Portlandia, which I though was satire until informed otherwise by others who had lived there.

This will make a very entertaining oral arrangement someday. And a very effective campaign issue even sooner ...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    But then it is no longer concealed and their still off duty...
    :omg:

I see what you did there.

How about wear a hoodie, and shoot from inside of it? :shrug:

Oh wait, I heard they're banning hoodies in school too...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    On the other hand, it's nice to see them treating police the same as the rest of us mere civilians, instead of as a special class. As a veteran, it grates on my nerves every time I hear a police officer refer to ordinary (i.e., non-police) people as "civilians", as if they weren't civilians themselves.

Are LEOs limited to ten rounds in newly purchased sidearms as well?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Are LEOs limited to ten rounds in newly purchased sidearms as well?

Just like the old law unless it's for "offical" purposes then yes they are limited.

Just like the AR mags they are forced to buy out of state for personally owned non working guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom