Laws on Shooting an attacking dog in Montgomery County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Young fella, you seem to be the "dog with a bone" here.

The folks who say things you don't like, you "refute" or call names or pass judgement or better still attempt to insult.

When ya go through life looking for only those answers that align with your position or feelings, you don't get smarter or stronger.

Insulting folks you don't know...on an Internet forum (where you're relatively new) is poor form and might be considered by some to be old fashioned ignorant.

This is largely a shooting forum for those who love to shoot. Curiosity gets the better of me...did you contemplate going on a dog forum or maybe even a forum for APBT or Staffordshires or ABD or any of the many other breeds known as Pit Bulls? Showing up in a shooting forum and arguing with folks whose honest, thoughtful answers you don't like demonstrates a degree of fear and predisposition that will sink your ship if and when you do "pull the trigger"...whether you're right, wrong or stupid in that event.

No need to reply. I won't have time to read it. I'll be studying hard because I have it on good authority that I'm undereducated.

That dog or those dogs may not be your biggest worry...

Good luck to you.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    :thumbsup:

The folks who say things you don't like, you "refute" or call names or pass judgement or better still attempt to insult.

When ya go through life looking for only those answers that align with your position or feelings, you don't get smarter or stronger.

Insulting folks you don't know...on an Internet forum (where you're relatively new) is poor form and might be considered by some to be old fashioned ignorant.

This is largely a shooting forum for those who love to shoot. Curiosity gets the better of me...did you contemplate going on a dog forum or maybe even a forum for APBT or Staffordshires or ABD or any of the many other breeds known as Pit Bulls? Showing up in a shooting forum and arguing with folks whose honest, thoughtful answers you don't like demonstrates a degree of fear and predisposition that will sink your ship if and when you do "pull the trigger"...whether you're right, wrong or stupid in that event.

No need to reply. I won't have time to read it. I'll be studying hard because I have it on good authority that I'm undereducated.

Good luck to you.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    God help anyone that ever shot on of my dogs. I can promise you the world they knew would f**king would cease to exist!!!!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Good luck to you.

:thumbsup:

What's the fastest way to the Classifieds Section? :innocent0

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Even if it left your property, and was attacking someone? Just a question.

No, I am a very responsible dog owner and I have a huge problem with people that just let their dogs roam. Because it's always the dog that suffers because of a bad owner. And I know that I am bias to a fault when it comes to dogs but it just seems that some people are to willing to shoot a dog when it should never get to that point. Kinda like this thread we have been discussing. And I agree in an immediate unprovoked out and out attack by a vicious dog on your property and your not very dog savy you may have no other choice I do understand that. I grew up down south where there are a lot of people who have no problem shooting a dog for numerous reasons. Some years ago and old guy that hunted on the farm where I lived had a problem with my dogs chasing the deer around my my house and he said to me " you know son when I see dogs chasing deer I shoot them" so I told him very matter of factly if you shoot one of my dogs I am going to kill you and I meant it. From that day forward he never hunted that farm again because he knew I meant it too.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I grew up down south where there are a lot of people who have no problem shooting a dog for numerous reasons. Some years ago and old guy that hunted on the farm where I lived had a problem with my dogs chasing the deer around my my house and he said to me " you know son when I see dogs chasing deer I shoot them" so I told him very matter of factly if you shoot one of my dogs I am going to kill you and I meant it. From that day forward he never hunted that farm again because he knew I meant it too.

He would have had every right to shoot a dog chasing wildlife on his property* and you threatened him with death. You were either blowing smoke or you dont have the mental stability to own dangerous dogs (or guns for that matter).

*or property under his care for wildlife management

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    He would have had every right to shoot a dog chasing wildlife on his property* and you threatened him with death. You were either blowing smoke or you dont have the mental stability to own dangerous dogs (or guns for that matter).

Please re read the post slowly. I clearly stated a farm he hunted on. My family ran and managed the the farm for the owner. And I can assure I wasn't blowing smoke.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Please re read the post slowly. I clearly stated a farm he hunted on. My family ran and managed the the farm for the owner. And I can assure I wasn't blowing smoke.

Oh sure you were. You would have yelled and stomped your feet and given some tearful interviews. Nowadays, you would have launched a twitter campaign. You wouldn't have killed him over a dog. It's easy to be tough on the internet.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Oh sure you were. You would have yelled and stomped your feet and given some tearful interviews. Nowadays, you would have launched a twitter campaign. You wouldn't have killed him over a dog. It's easy to be tough on the internet.
    I'd pay to hear the testimony in that court case. :rolleyes:

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.

Yep you got me. Lol:)

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

While I understand your passion since 3 dogs own me, I, The Great Zoltar can see your future.

b4cd7406f258df2321972baf4d542a1c.jpg

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

Traveller...be advised, state to state rules vary dramatically about hunting dogs in the process of hunting. They are generally protected in many places. I don't agree with that as it has had some bad consequences in this part of the country. It is unfortunate because hunting dogs can and do behave outside the bounds of normal, acceptable social behavior. Pack of bear dogs attacked a hiker and her small dogs locally this past year. Bad juju.

Vicious dogs, on the loose, who DEMONSTRATE their willingness to harm humans must be dealt with quickly and sometimes absolutely.

The OP has pretty consistently articulated his intent vis a vis his neighbors' dogs. He has consistently shat on anyone who disagreed with him or who spoke of alternatives short of termination. He has outlined a great case for the prosecutor should anything unfortunate occur. Heaven forbid.

You know, they say you can tell a new Ensign (or 2nd Lt) from one end of the pier to another. It's when you get right beside him that you cannot tell him sh1t ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom