• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I just had a light bulb go off reading another thread. I am going to email and call the friendly delegates asking to add an amendment to SB281 requiring anyone purchasing a firearm be a registered voter. It may not be constitutional but what else in the bill is?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I just had a light bulb go off reading another thread. I am going to email and call the friendly delegates asking to add an amendment to SB281 requiring anyone purchasing a firearm be a registered voter. It may not be constitutional but what else in the bill is?

No idea if that would pass but can you see a Delegate trying to explain why they voted against it?

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

The shooter voter amendment!

Come to think of it, it would be a good idea to go to the dealers association and convince them to be registering people purchasing guns and ammo. Unless they don't want to fix this stuff.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    the pro 2a delegates already have this idea in their hands. motor voter style. I think its being saved for the floor amendments.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Heck , let's flip flop it. In order to vote , they must meet SB 281 liscencing standards.

Phoebe

Dec 29, 2009
    I am no lawyer but would this be asking for the pro 2A guys to vote against the Constitution?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This thread started out with encouraging gun owners to register , and impliededly to vote. It then moved onto speculation about voter rigistration requirements in a tone substantially to make the proposed SB281 purchaser requirements seem absurd. Which they are.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I wish we could do something like this, but hell, no delegate went on record to explain why they voted against some of the amendments to actually PROTECT THE CHILDREN on Friday.

Doubt they would blink when asked to explain why they would vote against another non-grabbing amendment.

:(

However, DO IT! Anything else ridiculous we can think of to get them to burn time this week?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    You would not have to have them be a registered voter. You could make a voter registration available as part of the paperwork.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    unless it is offered by a gun grabber, it will fail. Im not sure why anyone would think otherwise at this point. Send all the emails you want, NOTHING offered as pro 2A is going to get added to this bill. End of story, time to move on and determine what the best course of action is after it passes and get those in line now ahead of time.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I think we should have things like...

1. Illegal immigrants are exempt from this law.

2. If you have been caught with less then 10 grams of marijuana then you are exempt from this law.

3. And of course all elected officials are exempt from this law.

Hey if they want to go all out stupid might as well take it all the way. Plus it will be much easier to have it thrown out in court. After watching that video from Friday I really have lost hope.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The shooter voter amendment!

Come to think of it, it would be a good idea to go to the dealers association and convince them to be registering people purchasing guns and ammo.

That IS a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom