• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMSGT

BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2022
    Who knows what will happen after this first year when things slow down. So, what you are saying is that you want taxpayer money to fund fingerprinting services. Nothing is free, remember?
    I pay a lot of taxes, as many on this board... Never took a dime in welfare payments, raised four kids, and help pay for more college tuition than I care to think about. Expecting something in return for my tax dollors is not asking to much???:shrug:

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I’m a big believer in individual states rights. A component of that is for one to unass a state with with they disagree with, and go to to a state more to one’s liking. This state does a fine job of taking your tax dollars and dumping it all into the wasteland of Baltimore.

A long time ago, a pregnant trooper in Easton(?) did my fingerprints. I can’t remember why, but it was light duty for her due to being preggers. MSP no longer offers this service unless you happen to be a client of theirs on the local motel they run.

Where in MD are you, CMSGT?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We used American Identity Solutions in Bethesda off Democracy. Nice ladies running the place, in and out in minutes with an appointment, $62.40 total.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ESS in Eldersburg was nice and fast. I did my HQL printing there a few years ago. Their website price is inaccurate, it mentioned $48, but it is $64 if I am remembering right now.

tlwatkinson

MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    I used my local QA County Sheriffs department. My appointment was for the same day 51 bucks. No fuss, no muss.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I pay a lot of taxes, as many on this board... Never took a dime in welfare payments, raised four kids, and help pay for more college tuition than I care to think about. Expecting something in return for my tax dollors is not asking to much???:shrug:
    Exactly. I’d like to see the court order the state do the entire thing at no cost to taxpayers - application fee, training, fingerprints, annoying $10 “background check fee” with each handgun purchase, etc…

It’s not “free” in a sense though - I already paid for it with my taxes.

It’s like expecting the county to plow the road in the winter. Am I demanding they do it for “free” or because I already pay taxes for them to do it?

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    United Gun Shop in Rockville has a Livescan service, cost is $57.75, pretty quick.
    My suggestion is to support local gun shops!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Who knows what will happen after this first year when things slow down. So, what you are saying is that you want taxpayer money to fund fingerprinting services. Nothing is free, remember?
    It would not be free. Remember there is a $75 fee for the carry permit.

$75 seems a bit high, seeing how PA charges $20, and $5-6 goes to the local sheriff for their troubles.

CMSGT

BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2022
    I’m a big believer in individual states rights. A component of that is for one to unass a state with with they disagree with, and go to to a state more to one’s liking. This state does a fine job of taking your tax dollars and dumping it all into the wasteland of Baltimore.

A long time ago, a pregnant trooper in Easton(?) did my fingerprints. I can’t remember why, but it was light duty for her due to being preggers. MSP no longer offers this service unless you happen to be a client of theirs on the local motel they run.

Where in MD are you, CMSGT?
    On the border, between PG and Charles counties

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Steve is a good guy .

For other Calvert county residents.
    I emailed them last week about wait/scheduling . Just got the email back today... sheriff's office just got their appointment booking set up online..

Just got back from the sheriff's office..
    $31.25.. 5mins more or less.. by appointment.

The tech asked if I have HQL .. I said it's not needed to apply. She was persistent..
    Her.. "you need HQL to apply for permit.
    Me.. "no..that's different application"
    Her ."I just don't want you to be back for another one.. since they are different"
    Me. "Yes.. differen that I know..If I have to I will return"
    Her.. "are you exempt from HQL"
    Me.. "no"
    Her.. "okay" with a little confused look.
    Then she walks me to the machine.

I assume she doesn't know the process or been told wrong.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Better late than never. Had mine done at St.Mary’s Sheriff’s Dept. Appointment required and they are about booked about a month ahead right now. I got live scan and also ink for Florida renewal. Was in and out in less than 15 minutes

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just got back from the sheriff's office..
    $31.25.. 5mins more or less.. by appointment.

The tech asked if I have HQL .. I said it's not needed to apply. She was persistent..
    Her.. "you need HQL to apply for permit.
    Me.. "no..that's different application"
    Her ."I just don't want you to be back for another one.. since they are different"
    Me. "Yes.. differen that I know..If I have to I will return"
    Her.. "are you exempt from HQL"
    Me.. "no"
    Her.. "okay" with a little confused look.
    Then she walks me to the machine.

I assume she doesn't know the process or been told wrong.
    You did get the correct livescan for the HGP, right?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You did get the correct livescan for the HGP, right?
    Yes..

Put in these on the prerequisite paper I brought in
    Screenshot_20220707-145703.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    In general, I agree with most of your postings. However IMO opinion, if a government agency, (FED or State, etc.), requires fingerprinting, that should be the responsibility of the agency to provide access to a fingerprinting service without additional fee. Over the years, and until recently, that was the case. Now it seems, as a result of electronic fingerprinting usage, the cost is now passed on to the tax paying consumer. In reality though, most every service the government provides, (to individuals in particular), has some type of fee attached to getting the service from a tax supported service.
    I disagree with this. W&C Permits are voluntary things, also the lines would be out the door at each Trooper barracks and Admin office. Also the private companies are approved by the state as meeting the requirements but those places also have to pay wages, rent, licensing fees for finger print software, and make a profit. For the record most of my fingerprinting experience outside of NSA and the US Capital I have had to pay for the fingerprints.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    United Gun Shop in Rockville has a Livescan service, cost is $57.75, pretty quick.
    My suggestion is to support local gun shops!
    I will caveat that, not all LGS are equal and not all are your friend. I will support those that consistently support our community and do not try to take adavantage of the screwed up laws in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom