• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    My vote is for Fogo de Chao or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Both are excellent choices and both located in Baltimore. Trust me you will love Fogo de Chao, the service there is 2nd to none.

BlairWright

Mar 4, 2009
    Woodstock
    I eat out quite a bit.. Here are my choices:

$30-50 per person
    -------------------
    Sabitinos and Della Note in Little Ltaly
    Jordans in Ellicott city - nice steak house
    Rusty Scupper in B'More - Decent seafood but awesome view at night
    Cafe Bretton in Severna Park - French
    Harry Browns - State Circle Annapolis - Very nice atmosphere, very good food but expect to pay for it

$20-40 per person
    -------------------
    Melting Pot in Columbia or Annapolis - Fondue (the ladies love this place for some reason)
    Galway Bay in Annapolis - good Irish food but a bit loud
    Brass Elephant in B'More - nice and relaxing place to eat, never a let down

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Guys, being still somewhat new to the area....

My anniversary is coming up and i would love to take the wife somewhere very nice for dinner. She doesn't do seafood or exquisite cuisine. Everything else is pretty much fair game. I've google mapped a few places but w/o reviews or them being a well known chain i have nothing to really go on.

Any suggestions?

Couple of places I can recommend in the Baltimore area that are moderately priced and still pretty good fare.

The Sunset in Glen Burnie MD
    Meiklejohn's Eldersburg MD
    The Harryman House - Reisterstown MD

These are all nice places - nothing fancy, just nice. However given your location, and the occasion this would be my first choice recommendation

The Elkridge Furnace Inn - The Executive Chef there Dan Wecker is quite talented. The Weckers converted an old historical home on the Patapsco river into a really nice little restaurant. Elegant but not overly posh. Intimate and warm. Very nice in this gastronomist's opinion .

http://www.elkridgefurnaceinn.com/restaurant_menus.php

Happy anniversary! Bon Appitite!

-Jim

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I ate there a couple weeks ago, was very good food and the staff was better than average :thumbsup:

yeah... they went full out on that restaurant.. thats her 3rd one.. she has the original graces fortune in bowie, graces in lanham and that one..

we loved the view too.. they sat us by the window upstairs and we watch the sun sets.:thumbsup:

Jettster

May 18, 2008
    For a really nice and memorable dining experience check out:

Cinghale www.cgeno.com

Went there for my birthday last year, and one of the best meals I've ever had. Go for their Prixo Fixo menu and let the Sommelier choose the wines for each course. Amazing pairings.

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    If you are at Ft. Meade, then Annapolis is not too far away.
    Rams Head has good food, great beer and live music.
    Also you can walk down to the city docks if the weather is nice and there are lots of other bars.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My vote is for...Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
    If you don't mind spending some bucks, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Baltimore absolutely oozes class, and I have never eaten a better steak. Service is second to none and it will definitely be a great place to go.

I took the Moms - my wife, her mother and my mother - there for Mother's Day one year. As I recall it was about $200 for the four of us when all was said and done, but man oh man was it good. And the crème brûlée is to die for - the choicest, freshest berries on the top, singed sugar, warm on top but cool in the middle.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Churrascaria is a good place (Greendfield Churrascaria) on 355 in Rockville Across from the double tree hotel. It's nice and all you can eat meat. It's a brazillian bbq so they come to your table with cuts of beef and a salad type bar that's on crack. Has a lot of stuff.

Ruth Chris' steakhouses, I love them for just me and the wiffle.

Bethesda
    Jaleo - upbeat Spanish place; serves good paella. Fairly priced
    Ruth Chris' - Expensive
    McCormich and Schmick's (SP) Seafood but they have other really good dishes.

Also, while in Bethesda just walk around they have a lot of small Thai Restaurant and Smaller Steakhouses with good food. Take her to a bar after.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Ruth Chris'
    This seems to almost always be misspelled and mispronounced.

Ruth Fertel bought the original Chris Steak House in New Orleans and part of the purchase agreement was that the restaurant retain the "Chris" name. So, it's Ruth's (as in it belongs to her) Chris Steak House. All to often I hear it called Ruth Chris's Steak House.

From Wikipedia:

The chain was founded by the late Ruth Fertel, a single mother of two, in 1965, after she bought the existing Chris Steak House in New Orleans. In buying the restaurant, Fertel had to agree that the restaurant keep the "Chris" name for a specified period of time. After the original location sustained a kitchen fire, she relocated the restaurant about one-half mile (0.9 km) to the west on Broad Street and renamed the rebuilt establishment "Ruth's Chris." Under the purchase agreement, the name "Chris Steak House" could not be used at any other location, and she did not want to lose customers already familiar with the Chris name. Fertel started to franchise the restaurant in the 1970s to locations throughout the United States and throughout the world.

Ok - history lesson over. :) Back to the subject, it's still my favorite restaurant when I have the dough to go, although I also really enjoy going to Sakura.

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    Friend of mine ate at Fogo de Chao in DC and raved about it.
    http://www.fogodechao.com/
    I see from a quick look at their site that they opened another in Baltimore.

He said they wait on you constantly and you get to try anything and everything.
    +1 for fogo...I've eaten there several times, always great. Some of the best cuts of meat constantly streaming out of the kitchen on rotisseries ready to be sliced onto your place. You'll walk away from there feeling like a stuffed pig :thumbsup:

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.

OLD STEIN is the place for my wife and I. If you like german food they have the best. They have a lady that comes in on some weekends playing the accordian and singing german folk songs. And they have outdoor seating if the weather is good. May not be what you're looking for but keep this place in mind if you want German food/beer.

Fogo de Chao is an experience as well as a meat lovers paradise.

Boqueesha

Nov 6, 2008
    Montgomery Village
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*

BigDuphis

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Pikesville
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*

I agree, that's why I've got a freezer full of half a local cow :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom