• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    If you don't mind spending some bucks, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Baltimore absolutely oozes class, and I have never eaten a better steak. Service is second to none and it will definitely be a great place to go.
    I took the Moms - my wife, her mother and my mother - there for Mother's Day one year. As I recall it was about $200 for the four of us when all was said and done, but man oh man was it good. And the crème brûlée is to die for - the choicest, freshest berries on the top, singed sugar, warm on top but cool in the middle.

A big +1

A couple of locations in the DC area. Excellent food!!!:thumbsup:

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    He has to be getting Information overload. This goes to show what happens when someone asks a question around this place.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*

Sure - what wife wouldn't love going to the Amish market for her anniversary? Buggy rides, freshly churned butter, quaint hand made furniture. Totally awesome if you are married to Laura Ingalls

otherwise....

you are soooo sleeping on the couch tonight.

rli1973

Dec 2, 2008
    Baltimore
    +1 on the Steakhouses. There is a new Sullivans Steak House downtown Baltimore that I haven't been to yet . But I heard it is very good.

12a10

Apr 6, 2009
    AA County Crownsville
    For a good restaurant close to Ft Meade try Snyders Willow Grove in Linthicum just off the Balt Beltway. Arguably the best prime rib--and generous portions--in the area. This is one that the locals keep a secret!
    Lots of great restaurants in Annapolis area but best to stay away until after commissioning week is over.

Boqueesha

Nov 6, 2008
    Montgomery Village
    Sure - what wife wouldn't love going to the Amish market for her anniversary? Buggy rides, freshly churned butter, quaint hand made furniture. Totally awesome if you are married to Laura Ingalls

otherwise....

you are soooo sleeping on the couch tonight.

ohh no...my post had nothing to do with taking a wife anywhere...it was just a rant on Ruth's Chris and "steakhouses" in general :)

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    If you are serious about showing her a great time, then take her to "The Inn at Little Washington". http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/ It's the only true five star restaurant in the Washington area. She will feel like a queen (roses in the restroom and everywhere else, and service second to none) and the food (four course meal) is incredible. She will remember that for a long time to come. Of course, so will your wallet... But for a one time thing, well worth it.

If that is a bit too much, try "1789" http://www.1789restaurant.com/main/index.shtml in Georgetown. The service is second only to the Inn at little Washington, and the food is close (basic but done extremely well). Not quite the same since Chef Ris Lacoste left (soon to open her own restaurant) but her abilities have rubbed off on the others who are still there.

If you want to make it special, then skip the chains or other local spots that you can go to any other weekend, and show her what she really means to you. As a side note, that is a good way to get her to go along with whatever (many?) purchases you might make in the foreseeable future!

Works for me!

Good luck.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If you are serious about showing her a great time, then take her to "The Inn at Little Washington". http://www.theinnatlittlewashington.com/ It's the only true five star restaurant in the Washington area. She will feel like a queen (roses in the restroom and everywhere else, and service second to none) and the food (four course meal) is incredible. She will remember that for a long time to come. Of course, so will your wallet... But for a one time thing, well worth it.

If that is a bit too much, try "1789" http://www.1789restaurant.com/main/index.shtml in Georgetown. The service is second only to the Inn at little Washington, and the food is close (basic but done extremely well). Not quite the same since Chef Ris Lacoste left (soon to open her own restaurant) but her abilities have rubbed off on the others who are still there.

If you want to make it special, then skip the chains or other local spots that you can go to any other weekend, and show her what she really means to you. As a side note, that is a good way to get her to go along with whatever (many?) purchases you might make in the foreseeable future!

Works for me!

Good luck.

herd good thing about the inn.. do they have long waiting list?

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    I don't know, but you definitely want to make reservations. Nobody wants to drive that far to take a chance on not getting a table. Of course the best thing to do would be to reserve one of their rooms, which are also incredibly nice.

Their service does not stop at the restaurant.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I don't know, but you definitely want to make reservations. Nobody wants to drive that far to take a chance on not getting a table. Of course the best thing to do would be to reserve one of their rooms, which are also incredibly nice.

Their service does not stop at the restaurant.

saw the review on them long time ago and i recall it was a long waiting just to get on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom