• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was up at the Gun Bunker today. Don't know why I never went before, it's less than half-an-hour up 83 from my house in Timonium. Nice guys there, too. Anyway, they have a 1916 DWM, very nice arsenal reblue - no buffing, no rounded edges, roll-marks and stamps nice and crisp. All matching parts that I could see, except a replacement Nazi-era mag with the aluminum bottom, numbered to the gun, with the correct Waffenamt stamp. $1,400. You might get them down a little, I think they've had it around awhile. For $1,200 or $1,250, not unreasonable for a shooter, and a respectable piece.

They also had a real nice early-manufacture Argentine Hi Power with the FN rollmarks (made under license from FN in Belgium), great trigger, Craig Spegel replacement grips, $495. For anyone thinking of getting into a Hi Power, this would be a great way to do it. I'm sorely tempted to add another one to my little collection.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Was up at the Gun Bunker today. Don't know why I never went before, it's less than half-an-hour up 83 from my house in Timonium. Nice guys there, too. Anyway, they have a 1916 DWM, very nice arsenal reblue - no buffing, no rounded edges, roll-marks and stamps nice and crisp. All matching parts that I could see, except a replacement Nazi-era mag with the aluminum bottom, numbered to the gun, with the correct Waffenamt stamp. $1,400. You might get them down a little, I think they've had it around awhile. For $1,200 or $1,250, not unreasonable for a shooter, and a respectable piece.

They also had a real nice early-manufacture Argentine Hi Power with the FN rollmarks (made under license from FN in Belgium), great trigger, Craig Spegel replacement grips, $495. For anyone thinking of getting into a Hi Power, this would be a great way to do it. I'm sorely tempted to add another one to my little collection.

thanks for the heads up! cant wait to see gun bunkers MD location. wait oops thats a secret shhhhhh

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Ya, I am pretty happy with the one I just bought given the degree of documentation of its history but now I need a post 1939 S/42 (or similar) with similar proofs and a deathead. Just what I needed a new addiction that was more expensive than my previous persion addiction.

That said I am really considering biting on this little gem, still a little pricey but as a package sweet:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/BROWNING-HIGH-POWER-NAZI-ISSUE-9MM.cfm?gun_id=100224714

screamingeagle

Mar 7, 2010
    Ya, I am pretty happy with the one I just bought given the degree of documentation of its history but now I need a post 1939 S/42 (or similar) with similar proofs and a deathead. Just what I needed a new addiction that was more expensive than my previous persion addiction.

That said I am really considering biting on this little gem, still a little pricey but as a package sweet:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/BROWNING-HIGH-POWER-NAZI-ISSUE-9MM.cfm?gun_id=100224714

tread very carefully with Death head lugers they are heavily faked

thanks for the heads up! cant wait to see gun bunkers MD location. wait oops thats a secret shhhhhh

The guys up there were very interested in hearing I was from MD (you'd think a lot of their customers would be) and wanted to know what I'd paid to MD FFLs to take delivery on out-of-state guns.

I was very impressed with their selection for a small shop, and their pricing on the Garands they have in. Definitely a place to go for shotguns, too.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    +1. Be very careful about anything marked with a death's head. This was not a standard marking. Check out the Luger Forum's section on markings.

Ya I know, before I ever lay down that kind of cash there will be some serious research. Not anywhere near there yet.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    everyone keep your fingers crossed! ill be at the Allentown Arms show may 12th, meeting with a guy to sell my swords, and hopefully right after meeting a dealer who i met the other day, who said he can get my the exact Luger i want.

"IT IS TIME" -Arnold Schwarzenneger

everyone keep your fingers crossed! ill be at the Allentown Arms show may 12th, meeting with a guy to sell my swords, and hopefully right after meeting a dealer who i met the other day, who said he can get my the exact Luger i want.

"IT IS TIME" -Arnold Schwarzenneger

Good luck, Indy. Now that you've done your homework, jump on it if it's what you want.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Looking for an occasional shooter, Nazi marked! Doesn't all have to match, just a good solid Third Reich piece to add to my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom