• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If anyone sees the tang site for my Steven’s pump and it’s less than $100 get it for me and I’ll reimburse if you so can do that for me.

I cycled metal 22LR snap caps and it cycled fine. It pushes the previous round out when it pushes the new one in so the last round does not eject. Very interesting design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure the screw hole distance for me please, I might have something that will fit. But in general you're not gonna find a vintage tang or vernier sight for under $100 unless its rusted solid.

Yeah, the next cartridge acts as the ejector. The design principles also ended up in their Model 66 bolt-action.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Measure the screw hole distance for me please, I might have something that will fit. But in general you're not gonna find a vintage tang or vernier sight for under $100 unless its rusted solid.

Yeah, the next cartridge acts as the ejector. The design principles also ended up in their Model 66 bolt-action.

Will do
    If anything it will give me something to look for at the next MACA show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    S&S Firearms used to always set up in the back row in the main hall. I won't get to the show until tomorrow morning so I can't verify if they're in attendance this time around.

That was S&S Firearms in that row. For those interested, they gave me their url:. www.ssfirearms.com and email: info@ssfirearms.com. I was told if I can't find something I need to use the email.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    That was S&S Firearms in that row. For those interested, they gave me their url:. www.ssfirearms.com and email: info@ssfirearms.com. I was told if I can't find something I need to use the email.

They are awesome... I brought home a nothing special Sharps 4 barrel and after checking it out and cleaning it, I tested it out with a .22 CB short and promptly broke the mainspring on the first firing (it was corroded right at the tip). Got on their website and sure enough they had a mainspring in stock. Got lucky. Now will have to see how much fitting is required to make it work.

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    There was a guy around aisle K or L with a great collection of Winchester 1890's. I wanted to get back yesterday but was unable. Does anyone know who he was or perhaps how to contact him? He had some really nice rifles.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    They are awesome... I brought home a nothing special Sharps 4 barrel and after checking it out and cleaning it, I tested it out with a .22 CB short and promptly broke the mainspring on the first firing (it was corroded right at the tip). Got on their website and sure enough they had a mainspring in stock. Got lucky. Now will have to see how much fitting is required to make it work.

Just an update on my order from S&S... put in the order for a mainspring this weekend, it arrived 3 days later, I put it in this morning with no fitting required (took all of 2 mins with a set of needle nose pliers)... put the grips back on and "bang, bang", the old girl barks again. Awesome place... I have definitely bookmarked their website. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    There was a guy around aisle K or L with a great collection of Winchester 1890's. I wanted to get back yesterday but was unable. Does anyone know who he was or perhaps how to contact him? He had some really nice rifles.
    It was a nice collection, but he was clearly priced to haggle - there's no way some of those were worth the prices he had on them.

I enjoy this show, but I suspect I'd enjoy it even more if I knew more about the older black powder guns. My knowledge of those is pretty thin and I really don't know one from another.

One thing that I thought was interesting were the number of old rope tensioned drums on display and for sale. I don't think I've ever seen so many old drums at this show before, and I tend to notice those due to my time in the Old Guard Fife & Drum Corps.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    After a two year hiatus, the Maryland Arms Collector’s Baltimore “Antique” Arms show is coming back. For those that have never attended before, the show is usually massive and size is comparable to one of the Nation’s shows in Dulles.

It’s at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium in the Cow Palace.

March 19th and 20th, 2022.

Admission is $10 daily. If you’re a member of MACA, you get in for free.

http://www.baltimoreshow.com/

The show states “Antique” but most Curio and Relic long guns are welcome. The show is just not geared towards “modern” firearms like AR’s and AK’s.
    It's March 18th & 19th !

owldo

Ultimate Member
    That’s because this thread was posted a year ago. It was 3/19 and 3/20 last year.
    icegif-1341.gif

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Pretty much the only GS I attend anymore unless I'm up in Gettysburg on the same weekend as one of their shows, looking to kill time while Bucky is getting groomed.
    Hopefully as covid recedes into the rear view mirror the attendance will pick up. Missed seeing some of the old regular vendors last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom