• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The wicked edge is worth the investment.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Hogue knives. They are very well made. Usually in 154cm steel.
    I will second Hogue. They are essentially using the BM Axis lock design (BM's patent expired a few years ago). Picked up a Hogue Deka folder last year. It usually gets the nod if I'm heading somewhere that an OTF is not practical for whatever reason. They have some autos available as well, but I've not been able to find one in the wild to handle yet.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I use my Emerson at least 5x per day. From cutting open boxes to scoring and cutting drywall. Its gutted fish and deer and I feel naked without it.

Holds a great edge and I have not found a quicker opening knife. One handed close too.

Buy once, have an heirloom.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I ended up getting a Buck and SOG terminus. The Buck has a nice edge but feels cheap, is just a folder with plastic grip. I knew it was cheap but my son has a smaller version that works well. The SOG feels quite nice and may be the ticket for now.

TD

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I ended up getting a Buck and SOG terminus. The Buck has a nice edge but feels cheap, is just a folder with plastic grip. I knew it was cheap but my son has a smaller version that works well. The SOG feels quite nice and may be the ticket for now.

TD
    I have an old school Buck 110 folder that has field dresses a million deer. It has never touched any kind of honing stone other than a set of crock sticks. It has gone through a trillion rib cages. Only partially exaggerating. The part about the stone is absolutely true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom