• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    Visited Bob's Sunoco over the weekend and noticed their lack of smokeless powder. This is a store that routinely had 6 to 10 8lb jugs laying around for sale. The young lady said "they came and took it all away" ... and that Maryland now requires a license to sell powder, they require special storage facilities for the stock, and the seller can only display 1lb of each powder they sell on the shelves.

wth ... ??? ...

This is the first I heard that SB281 included this provision ... was I asleep during the hearings when this was discussed?

Bad enough that 5 lbs is the limit ... but now we cant even buy it locally ...

All that remains is to require a drivers license to purchase powder .... :-(

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Its not a new law.

What he said.

They do have to record your name and address in a book and make it available to fire and law enforcement. Although I don't think it specifically states you have to present ID. Since you can only possess 5 lbs per person to an unlicensed person they are limited to selling you 5 lbs at a time.

Not new and has nothing to do with SB281.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I tried to tell those da's months ago that they were breaking the law, and the owner blew me off like I was the Village Fool. He had no Powder Storage as it was out on the shop floor for sale. There must have been 6 or 7. Eight lb IMR containers for sale. Stupid is as stupid does.

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    I thought the 5lb limit was with normal storage...with wooden box storage it was more....is 5lb now an individual limit?

Pilot7576

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I thought the 5lb limit was with normal storage...with wooden box storage it was more....is 5lb now an individual limit?

Pilot7576

always have been. 5# each.. smokeless and bp.... unless you get special license to store more..

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    How do they know if I have a license or not? I could be buying in bulk for a group and distributing the powder in 5lb increments.

Pilot7576

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    How do they know if I have a license or not? I could be buying in bulk for a group and distributing the powder in 5lb increments.

Pilot7576

they do now! :lol2:

reality.. they don't.. they know if you have a license since you apply for one.. as far as how many you have at hand, depends who rats you out or you buying from md store and logged your name on the logbook (how much you buy and how frequent).. one can only guess.

as for the ops post.. they were in business, which is kinda odd they not knowing the law before selling them in jugs. might have been a surprise visit from the fire marshal. (don't know if its typical for them to visit gas stations for yearly inspection of some sort?.. just guessing).

Pilot7576

Aug 13, 2009
    Always easier to buy at Camp Perry...you stand out there if you don't have several 8 lb jugs and 20k primers in your shopping bag.

Pilot7576

cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    What he said.

They do have to record your name and address in a book and make it available to fire and law enforcement. Although I don't think it specifically states you have to present ID. Since you can only possess 5 lbs per person to an unlicensed person they are limited to selling you 5 lbs at a time.

Not new and has nothing to do with SB281.

I wonder if they got fined ...

cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    more likely.. especially being a business.

I know another one got fined few years back in soMD for just displaying bottles behind the counter.

OK, so if the law hasn't changed then there is still hope to grab a lb here and there from the Tacklebox ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom