• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I don't know why 8 lb kegs are illegal to stock. Even though there is a 5 lb limit, some have licenses to own more, so it could be legally sold. Everyone is assuming it is being illegally sold. I can't buy gas in mayonnaise jars, but that doesn''t mean Bob's can't sell gas.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't know why 8 lb kegs are illegal to stock. Even though there is a 5 lb limit, some have licenses to own more, so it could be legally sold. Everyone is assuming it is being illegally sold. I can't buy gas in mayonnaise jars, but that doesn''t mean Bob's can't sell gas.

Not to say anything was being sold illegally, but why do you think "they" came in and took everything?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Funny how you can stumble across some out of state,, and not need to provide ID. I bought some in York, went to hand ID to the nice lady, she looked at me like I was from Mars! "Not too far off" I thought,

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Why would it be illegal to sell an 8 pound keg?

You can take it home and load 3 pounds worth and be legal. You can break it into smaller lots for friends. Lots of ways to buy 8 pounds on not break the 5 pounds storage limit.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not to say anything was being sold illegally, but why do you think "they" came in and took everything?

i believe i read that bob's was the first to release in 10 days and they got in some hot water and now this??? kinda makes me think. reprecusion???

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    i believe i read that bob's was the first to release in 10 days and they got in some hot water and now this??? kinda makes me think. reprecusion???

Well, you're saying that police used selective enforcement on him because he didn't bend to their will. Overlooking the fact that powder restrictions are the purview of the fire marshal, that there is a lot of noise about the sale of smokeless powder after the Boston bombings (even they they didn't use smokeless powder, and that other businesses have had similar visits before either the Boston bombings and approval slow downs, I assume you don't believe they simply came in and took everything away that someone legally possessed without a violation. So I ask again, not necessarily of you but of the people that think businesses can legally sell more than 5lbs of powder at a time, what do you think he was doing wrong?

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why would it be illegal to sell an 8 pound keg?

You can take it home and load 3 pounds worth and be legal.
    You can break it into smaller lots for friends. Lots of ways to buy 8 pounds on not break the 5 pounds storage limit.

It's not only storage limit. It's a possession limit. You break the law as soon as you have more than five lbs. The people you break it into "smaller lots" for are now breaking it because they don't have it in the original container, also part of the code.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    . So I ask again, not necessarily of you but of the people that think businesses can legally sell more than 5lbs of powder at a time, what do you think he was doing wrong?
    he had 300 lbs of 700x and clays sitting on the floor and and on a small shelf in a liquor store rite next to the honey buns and pistacios....lol

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    he had 300 lbs of 700x and clays sitting on the floor and and on a small shelf in a liquor store rite next to the honey buns and pistacios....lol

Since when are honey buns and pistachios not considered a powder magazine?

Was he licensed to sell powder?

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Since when are honey buns and pistachios not considered a powder magazine?

Was he licensed to sell powder?

No he was not properly Licensed. I told him and one of his sales staff not two months ago that he was breaking the law. He did not want to listen to anything I had to say. He has no powder magazine and he was selling 8lb containers. He deserves what happens.

Logan

Feb 8, 2012
    8lb. kegs are more cost effective for reloading. It's a shame we can't buy them, but we can only operate within our state laws or face prosecution.

:sad20:

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    8lb. kegs are more cost effective for reloading. It's a shame we can't buy them, but we can only operate within our state laws or face prosecution.

:sad20:

It's not just a matter of cost but of safety since you can't guarantee getting powder from the same lot in 1lb increments. No one's going to retest their loads between lots when they only don't even get two hundred loads out of a can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom