• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Did you read any of this thread or just the first guy who seemed to think that this was a part of SB281?

nope its not part of 281 but some in washington have been trying to draft legislation about powder. any drool that starts there seems to get a litmus test here and look what they have signed into law. hopefully it gets rejected by the courts but i doubt they will be able to get rid of much of it. and any more licensing in this state is ridiculous. i have a wallet full of licenses as it is and most of them are just revenue geneartors for the state.

[PLOINK]

yep. ploink....the center of this state is turning the rest of the state into the sespool that they live in.

now i need to ride to va to get some powder since bobs doesnt have any.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for the info Traveler.. I have always tried to be safe in storing powders, but honestly I don't have a powder magazine and over the years, loading for several different weapons, one can easily accumulate over 5lbs of powder. I'll give a little more consideration to more adequate storage in the reloading room. I do keep it in the original containers and store it away from any accidental contact or potential combustibles, but you can't be too safe.. :thumbsup:

FMRAO3

Semper Paratus
    Apr 17, 2013
    Annapolis
    Dang, I was so hoping for another strawman when I saw a new response to this thread.

As to what FMs use, the NFPA (the last I knew) says 20lbs in a box with 1 inch thick wood sides attached to a wall, for residences. Which is 4 times what Md. allows is you are only storing smokeless or BP.

You are correct I didn't get a chance to amend my statement of the fact that the states have the ability to make those recommendations stronger but not go less than if the state and local agency has not adopted the NFPA. NFPA is a recommendation unless otherwise adopted into law. But yes general consensus is 4x what maryland says. I am not calling anyone stupid, but stupidity is nothing more than mere job security for me and a lot of friends. Just sayin Be safe out there peeps and smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom