• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which trigger spring kit would you prefer to see?

• Total voters

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have the ST "Battle Set" trigger group in my SBR, with nickel boron plated hammer, disconnector and hammer. It has standard power springs. Several thousands of rounds plus dry firing, and I have a good, crisp trigger that is around 5-6 lbs (never gauged it so I can't say for sure). One huge advantage on the NiB stuff is you get ZERO creep, at least I don't have it in mine, and several I have messed with had little to no creep, especially after break in.

Anyone shooting milsurp and foreign ammo (you Herter's/Wolf/TulAmmo guys listen up) do NOT want reduced power springs. And honestly, just throwing lighter springs in your trigger group can actually make creep/grittiness MORE noticeable unless your surfaces are properly stoned/polished. Extra power springs will be necessary for ammunition with harder primers.

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I voted standard as I believe they are more marketable, and create a lower/ more attractive price. Guys that want different springs can buy them separately.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    I voted for the standard spring only because you'll do better keeping the cost down the 8 bucks. If guys really want the other spring options, they'll buy the other springs. When customers start looking for a good price on a LPK, they won't take into account that yours is slightly more for the improved springs....just my 2 cents.

I can't wait to see this from you guys either way! Good work!

Agree! I'm in for standard NiB LPK...possibly two.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think just the standard springs. I am glad to hear you are offering these. I have a Spike's nickel-boron coated trigger in one of my AR's and I really like it. Your LPK with the trigger would be a stellar deal.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    I've been eyeing NiB parts for a little while now. I didn't vote because aside from regular factory springs I don't have any experience with them so I will most likely end up playing with spring combos, like clandestine mentioned. Anyhow, if the price is right (as it seems it will be) I will probably buy whatever combination you end up selling. :-)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I am a little stunned that so many people here have experienced light primer strikes with reduced power springs. In thousands of rounds of all kinds of crap ammo, I have never had one. I guess I am lucky... or too many people here are basing their builds on interwebz lore.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I have a video of how to install and use the adjuster.

Where is this video? I have a couple of his adjuster screws but haven't used them yet.

JoeBob,

I voted standard springs, but I think it might benefit you to offer both and just put a drop down box on the product page where the customer would select their preferred spring options.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Where is this video? I have a couple of his adjuster screws but haven't used them yet.

JoeBob,

I voted standard springs, but I think it might benefit you to offer both and just put a drop down box on the product page where the customer would select their preferred spring options.

It needs editing. I just havent gotten around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom