• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which trigger spring kit would you prefer to see?

• Total voters

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Standard springs. I think a no trigger guard no grip option would be great too. I'd buy some anyway.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I voted for standard springs. Just based on reliability factor alone. If there is a possibility of a light strike on a mil-surp round, which I have quite a few of, then it is not worth it to me. I have a mag of M855 ready for home defense. and would not run the risk of a misfire, even though I practice my stoppage procedures, in the event that I needed it.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    May be a stupid question, but these will come with hammers too, correct? If not I'll just go ahead and get one in the Bcg group buy, if so I'll wait for this trigger.

Also, a group buy on these things for MDS members would be top notch.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    May be a stupid question, but these will come with hammers too, correct? If not I'll just go ahead and get one in the Bcg group buy, if so I'll wait for this trigger.

Also, a group buy on these things for MDS members would be top notch.

These will come with Hammer, Trigger, Disconnector (all NiB Coated), hammer & trigger pins, along with Disconnector spring, hammer spring, and trigger spring. They'll be ready to drop in.

We won't be doing a group-buy per-say, but will be offering a really good intro price which of course anyone is welcome to pickup at that time. If we were doing a group buy it'd be the same pricing, but would be more cluttered and harder to arrange than a straight up discounted price.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    We won't be doing a group-buy per-say, but will be offering a really good intro price which of course anyone is welcome to pickup at that time. If we were doing a group buy it'd be the same pricing, but would be more cluttered and harder to arrange than a straight up discounted price.

I understand where you are coming from, but a group buy would be great from my perspective since some of your more in demand products have a tendency to sell out in less than an hour...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    These will evaporate once they come out. JoeBob may retire if can keep these in stock.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I understand where you are coming from, but a group buy would be great from my perspective since some of your more in demand products have a tendency to sell out in less than an hour...

These will evaporate once they come out. JoeBob may retire if can keep these in stock.

IF/When they come out, we'll let you guys know for sure before anyone else. We're hoping with the supply lines we're dealing with now we can keep them in stock easier than other product lines as we'll have a decent amount of buying power, and can try to stock up and keep them in stock. We'll get HUNDREDS in , before we ever release anything. It seems like Spike's and other companies right now take 4-12 weeks to send us dozens of items rather than the hundreds we have on order. This causes excess demand and not enough supply causing product to sell out instantaneously it seems like.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Currently we don't plan on offering it with an option for an ambi safety.

We have the ability to make an "enhanced" kit, but the problem is everyone wants something different. I personally don't like an Ambi safety, so buying a complete kit, in my case, where I'm forced to buy an Ambi safety, or billet trigger guard, or ergo grip, etc is less than ideal.

We're thinking a kit such as this is inexpensive enough, plus a decent trigger, to allow the consumer decide if he wants to upgrade the grip, ambi safety, etc, but the standard LPK + NiB trigger should start off a good build economically.
    I like the idea of getting quality basic parts cheap so I can customize to my liking, so I'd say go with option 1, the standard spring and let me put the savings to my choice parts.

racerbob66

Nov 19, 2009
    North East, MD
    I voted for the reduced power springs. Although, I really like to use the reduced power trigger spring with a standard hammer spring. It lightens the pull and works well with the adjustable grip screw.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We're still in the finalization of these spring kits, but to be fair to the guys who already voted, we'll do the "giveaway" now.

I did a random number generator. There were a total of 84 votes, so odds of winning were 1/28. The numbers generated were 60, 69, and 7 in that order. The results are alphabetical, by voting option. Number 1 was AliasNeo07, and Number 84 was tundramuscle03, just for people's reference.

The winners for the free Nickel Boron FCG (once released, may be a 2-4 weeks, we'll see) are:

#60-kevinlj
    #69-haoleboy
    #7-BradMacc82

We'll contact the winners once we finalize things. If we have any other comments, questions, and when we are announcing the official release of these we'll post it in here.

Thanks all that voted. We appreciate the insight and first hand experienced consolidated all into a single thread!

Last edited:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Sweet!! :party29:

I actually won something for once, aside from moving violations... :lol2:

Recall all the stories in the news about police arresting people after getting them to show up and collect their "prize."

There's no such thing as too much caution... you should give it to me.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Recall all the stories in the news about police arresting people after getting them to show up and collect their "prize."

That's true...we could be turning over addresses to the MSP for cavity searches by a clandestine figure... :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Ohh my... :tinfoil:

Thankfully I have no wants/warrants (not even an unpaid parking ticket), so I don't think I need to worry about that..., but thanks for thinking of my well-being HT4. :D

ETA: JoeBob - that ain't funny, I have a piston AR..., that 'Clandestine figure' would go so deep on me he'd probably hit the back of my teeth..., great - that's a mental image I'm going to have to get out of my head before trying to sleep tonight. :sad20:

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    We're still in the finalization of these spring kits, but to be fair to the guys who already voted, we'll do the "giveaway" now.

I did a random number generator. There were a total of 84 votes, so odds of winning were 1/28. The numbers generated were 60, 69, and 7 in that order. The results are alphabetical, by voting option. Number 1 was AliasNeo07, and Number 84 was tundramuscle03, just for people's reference.

The winners for the free Nickel Boron FCG (once released, may be a 2-4 weeks, we'll see) are:

#60-kevinlj
    #69-haoleboy
    #7-BradMacc82

We'll contact the winners once we finalize things. If we have any other comments, questions, and when we are announcing the official release of these we'll post it in here.

Thanks all that voted. We appreciate the insight and first hand experienced consolidated all into a single thread!

Fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom