• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I would work up my own load just curious about powders. Some work better than others and I dont need to add any other varieties :-)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Since so many are chiming in what's your powder of choice for the fotay?

I have bulleye, unique, and 700x for the 45 and 9mm. Would prefer not to get any additional powders.

I use 4.8gr of Clay's, 180gr HP Montana Gold's, loaded long (COL=1.21") for a SV Infinity.

LOAD AT YOUR OWN RISK.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Been having really good results using CFE pistol for 9mm and 45 ACP...gonna try it for 40 next...seems to work really well across pistol calibers...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Been having really good results using CFE pistol for 9mm and 45 ACP...gonna try it for 40 next...seems to work really well across pistol calibers...

It's my new favorite, replaced 3 or 4 powders I used for moderate and match loads in 38spl, 357mag, 38super,9,40,10, and 45, does well with plated, cast or jacketed, haven't found a bad load yet. In 40, 6gr under a 165gr Berrys for an accurate, clean 170PF load, same 6gr under a 180gr XTP is a nice warm full power load.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ill keep that in mind.

I need to work my way through some unique that my uncle had that is older than I am first good thing is unique is so versatile. Ill prob use the bullseye mainly for my 45.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Ill keep that in mind.

I need to work my way through some unique that my uncle had that is older than I am first good thing is unique is so versatile. Ill prob use the bullseye mainly for my 45.

I use 8-12gr Unique with 110gr 30 carbine bullets in 30 cal rifle calibers, or 32 cal FMJ or plated pistol bullets in 303 and other euro 7.62 cal stuff. recoil like a 22, near 357 mag ballistics, fun plinking loads, surprisingly accurate. Lots of people do the same thing with cast, I don't cast my own bullets, but still way cheaper than most any other rifle bullet.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I use 8-12gr with 110gr 30 carbine bullets in 30 cal rifle calibers, or 32 cal FMJ or plated pistol bullets in 303 and other euro 7.62 cal stuff. recoil like a 22, near 357 mag ballistics, fun plinking loads, surprisingly accurate. Lots of people do the same thing with cast, I don't cast my own bullets, but still way cheaper than most any other rifle bullet.
    Funny you mention that. I cant remember the charge (maybe 11.5gr) but I did load some 30-06 with unique and it was comical. I pulled the trigger and couldnt stop laughing. I did find a very accurate load but as you say it was similar to shooting a .22. I did have to jack the sights up to 600 yard mark to be on paper but once there they were accurate.

I need to find a .30 die that will flare a 308 or 06 case as I have 1k 135gr lead pills that I cant get loaded right now. They would make fun plinkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom